8AAA Winner? Lawrence or Lincoln County

franko6

QUOTE(CUBCADET @ May 8 2007 - 08:13 AM) 826454204[/snapback]Hey there big fella... how about chillin'out on Binns. The statement he was making was that in the majority of cases, three umpires is the best..It makes calling balks, pickoffs, and other tough plays so much easier with the 3rd guy, but really you need to talk to the ones really responsible for only having two...The coaches voted to only have 2 to save a dollar or two.. Maybe if the third ump was on the field like they should have had, he might have been able to give a little more insight into the situation. If I know the coaches like I know I do, they were probably running around screaming and acting like someone stole their cookies or something. If the umpires missapplied a rule, hey it happens. Sorry about that..I am sure that one play did not lose the game...A baseball game is made up of a hundred little different things that ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the end...When the coaches learn the rules and how to act on the field, maybe all of the cooler heads on the field can get together and discuss, not holler and rant and rave, and then come up with the right decision on the play in question.. I hear the fans and coaches in Murf. tonite were ready to string the umps up to the flagpole, on a couple of wierd plays and the umps even checked with Gene Menees to make sure they got it right. There were two crazy plays in the game and the ump crew WERE RIGHT BOTH TIMES. The Forrest fans were totally acting ignorant and rude the whole game..Probably the most un-informed fans I have witnessed this year..All this tends to do is keep the players in a tizzy and affect their level of play..What does crying about EVERY play or PITCH teach the boys? How about hollering out threats to the umpire to" meet me in the parking lot?" It happened..no fooling...I was there! TOTAL CLASS!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another thing, as far as Binns goes...I have his phone number if you would like to apply for an umpire job so you can go out and show everybody your expertise> HOW ABOUT IT??? I will even loan you some top of the line equipment to help make your job a little easier... Binns' guys are some of the best in the state but dealing with crazy people like we have to, sometimes makes you wonder who is crazier...us or the fans, coaches, and spectators?? Binns tries to send his best umpires to the games that he feels are best for the situation...He does not have it in for ANYBODY!!!!! So try to come up with another lame excuse for your favorite team's troubles...That one will not work!! How about just going to the game and enjoying the sport and lt the kids decide it on the field..Mistakes, both by the players, coaches, and umpires are just part of the game from t-ball right thru the majors.So, my advice to you is GET OVER IT!! Crying about umpires and the like only tend to show you advocate an age old practice..ALWAYS BLAME SOMEONE ELSE!!

enough said...see you at the ballpark..or I know I will at least hear you!!!

Cubscout you need to stick to the matter at had. I`m not going to argue with anybody on a message board. I`ve forgotten more ball than you`ll probally ever know. Me and Binns have been friends probally longer than you`ve been born.Your just sucking up to somebody over umpires. Whatever happend in the Murf. has nothing to do with this. Maybe you need to mow more grass with your cadet. Binns knows who I am and I`m jerking his chain. I don`t need your equip either I`m a retired umpire and still have my own buddy! You can bet I was a hellva lot better than u too. I`ve seen u work. Maybe u need to just mind your own business. Some of you clowns make me laugh.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CUBCADET @ May 8 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826454209[/snapback]Please read my post in response to ozzie smith's comments..The post could be in reply to this one also!!

I think if you would take the time to read before responding, you wouldn't have to waste your time writing. I have not seen anyone blame the outcome on the umpires. The only thing being mentioned is umpires not knowing the rules. No ifs, ands, or buts . . . that is not excusable. This ballgame was a very enjoyable game, with both teams playing well and playing their hearts out. Granted, a game is made up of numerable opportunities and you have to take advantage of them. When you've got two teams playing for a region berth you should have umpires that know the rules, bottom line. Hats off to Lawrenceburg, great win. Hopefully, Lincoln County will get another shot.

umps, no umps....the truth is that both teams played their hearts out... there was only 4 strikeouts the whole game. Both teams came to play. sorry that everyone wants to focus on the umps. the guys playing deserve an "atta-boy" for the way in which they played. their was no "quit" for both teams. the players, played their hearts out and deserve to be noticed. I look for Lincoln County to be in the championship game, they were ready for the Lawrence County game and they will be ready to play tonight.

Which ever team wins to face Lawrence County in the championship game will be ready. Can't imagine a team playing for the championship NOT being ready.

Great baseball players playing great games...... that is what it is about!!!!!