District 9A Crazy Game

EvilleEagles

QUOTE(EAGLES @ May 8 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826454565[/snapback]Quote from Shelbyville Times Gazette from Cascade coach " Mikie Minor has been a burr under our saddle for four years and now that he is gone we will start dominating district 9A" Forrest lost most of their team to graduation last year. This year we are rebuilding with alot of young talent. Any comments on the future or how do you think our rebuilding is progressing? Also a very good 8th grade class coming up.

Congrats to Senior academic honors players Brian Whitley, Chase Beaulieu, Andy Burkett

I have just looked through all the Time-Gazette articles about Cascade baseball this year and I cannot find this exact quote. I did see a reference to the fact that Mr Minor had been a "burr under our saddle". I would really like to see where Coach Parker made a comment about Cacade starting to "dominate district 9A". I want to see that because if he did say exactly what you are attributing to him, then this quote is completely out of character. Coach Parker is always very quick to give credit to every team that Cascade plays and preaches to his team how they can never overlook anyone. Did you actually read this in the T-G, or did someone tell you that he said this? I am not saying you are incorrect, just that this quote does not sound anything like Coach Parker and it sounds like maybe two or three different quotes that have been taken out-of-context and compressed into a single quote.

I am sure Forrest will be extremely good again very soon. History states that they will be. However, anyone looking for Cascade to slide back to the middle of the pack had better look at their roster. Three seniors. All three will be greatly missed, but Cascade is not hurting for talent in the future either. I really do not see a day when any school, be it Cascade, Forrest, or any of the others in the district, are going to dominate year after year. Just like the year before last, just like last year, just like this year, the team with the most consistent pitching will win. And, Forrest may never have another Mikie Minor, just like Cascade may never have another duo like Momo Stewart and Tyler Bowman.

Seriously, though, if you have access to either an electronic copy, or a hard copy, of the article where Coach Parker said Cascade would start dominating the district, I would like to either have a link to the electronic copy, or have a copy of the hard copy. Like I said, I am not disputing you, I just want a copy of the article since I have all the other articles about Cascade baseball this year. I don't want to miss an article, nor miss the opportunity to joke with Coach Parker about it during football season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826454507[/snapback]just by reading these posts...the umps got it right on the fly ball tag up situation it is a timing play and the run counts if it touched the plate before the third out was made...on the infeild fly rule there has been too much debate on whos ball it was and bragging about a short stop getting there that there is no way it could be an infeild fly...it is ordinary effort meaning with the ball on its way down (which is when you call it) someone is camped under it...and that doesnt sound like it was the case here. i agree tough luck on forrest part but it was RIGHT. let me ask you this did the short stop get an error on that play?

Yes...MoMo was giving an error on the play because he was camped under the ball!I know because I was in the dugout watching the game..The Leftfielder didnt have a chance of gettin to the ball unless he's one of the fastest guys in America.Dont u think if the ball was in left field it would have been tough to throw out runners going from 2nd to 3rd and from 1st to 2nd

QUOTE(rocketman1 @ May 8 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826454618[/snapback]Yes...MoMo was giving an error on the play because he was camped under the ball!I know because I was in the dugout watching the game..The Leftfielder didnt have a chance of gettin to the ball unless he's one of the fastest guys in America.Dont u think if the ball was in left field it would have been tough to throw out runners going from 2nd to 3rd and from 1st to 2nd

no not a blooper where the runners had to hold...you are the first one to say he was camped under it everyone else talked about how he did good to get there to make the play and everyone said that he did call off the LF so you are contradicting what most people are saying

QUOTE(brichard @ May 8 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826454613[/snapback]I have just looked through all the Time-Gazette articles about Cascade baseball this year and I cannot find this exact quote. I did see a reference to the fact that Mr Minor had been a "burr under our saddle". I would really like to see where Coach Parker made a comment about Cacade starting to "dominate district 9A". I want to see that because if he did say exactly what you are attributing to him, then this quote is completely out of character. Coach Parker is always very quick to give credit to every team that Cascade plays and preaches to his team how they can never overlook anyone. Did you actually read this in the T-G, or did someone tell you that he said this? I am not saying you are incorrect, just that this quote does not sound anything like Coach Parker and it sounds like maybe two or three different quotes that have been taken out-of-context and compressed into a single quote.

I am sure Forrest will be extremely good again very soon. History states that they will be. However, anyone looking for Cascade to slide back to the middle of the pack had better look at their roster. Three seniors. All three will be greatly missed, but Cascade is not hurting for talent in the future either. I really do not see a day when any school, be it Cascade, Forrest, or any of the others in the district, are going to dominate year after year. Just like the year before last, just like last year, just like this year, the team with the most consistent pitching will win. And, Forrest may never have another Mikie Minor, just like Cascade may never have another duo like Momo Stewart and Tyler Bowman.

Seriously, though, if you have access to either an electronic copy, or a hard copy, of the article where Coach Parker said Cascade would start dominating the district, I would like to either have a link to the electronic copy, or have a copy of the hard copy. Like I said, I am not disputing you, I just want a copy of the article since I have all the other articles about Cascade baseball this year. I don't want to miss an article, nor miss the opportunity to joke with Coach Parker about it during football season.

You work for times gazette so you should know.

QUOTE(rocketman1 @ May 8 2007 - 03:26 PM) 826454618[/snapback]Yes...MoMo was giving an error on the play because he was camped under the ball!I know because I was in the dugout watching the game..The Leftfielder didnt have a chance of gettin to the ball unless he's one of the fastest guys in America.Dont u think if the ball was in left field it would have been tough to throw out runners going from 2nd to 3rd and from 1st to 2nd

Not when neither runner moved.

I am one of those over zealot, passionate Rocket fans who does not understand how a dropped ball in the outfield,where the man on third tagged up and came home way before the double play(outs) were called so yes our run counted as much as their run counted in the first inning. I don't proclaim to understand the rules of this so complicated GAME but I do feel that both runs should have counted as the run scored before the third out. Also some of the pitches thrown by the rockets were clearly strikes and mister behind the plate called balls especially a base on balls third strike to # 7 that ended up as their 2nd run(yes on a R.B.I. error)

You know all this talk about one game it was a great game we should have played tighter defense and Cascade had their fair share of errors. Best of luck to all left in this tourny it will be needed. Sincerly praying for Mr. Henson as he is one of the kindest, honest, and well respected men I have ever had the privilege to meet.

QUOTE(redeyedmd @ May 8 2007 - 05:07 PM) 826454693[/snapback]I am one of those over zealot, passionate Rocket fans who does not understand how a dropped ball in the outfield,where the man on third tagged up and came home way before the double play(outs) were called so yes our run counted as much as their run counted in the first inning. I don't proclaim to understand the rules of this so complicated GAME but I do feel that both runs should have counted as the run scored before the third out. Also some of the pitches thrown by the rockets were clearly strikes and mister behind the plate called balls especially a base on balls third strike to # 7 that ended up as their 2nd run(yes on a R.B.I. error)

You know all this talk about one game it was a great game we should have played tighter defense and Cascade had their fair share of errors. Best of luck to all left in this tourny it will be needed. Sincerly praying for Mr. Henson as he is one of the kindest, honest, and well respected men I have ever had the privilege to meet.

The reason the run didn't count in the second instance is because no run can be scored during the same continuous playing action as a force out for the third out, even if a runner reaches home plate before the third out is recorded. In other words, force outs count before runs are scored. It is common that a runner reaches home plate before the third out is made by force out. Such a case is routine; the runner doesn't score but is counted as left on base. The double play that was turned was no different than if it had been a groundball for a double play.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 8 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826454622[/snapback]no not a blooper where the runners had to hold...you are the first one to say he was camped under it everyone else talked about how he did good to get there to make the play and everyone said that he did call off the LF so you are contradicting what most people are saying

But if he was given an error then the offical scorer (and I assume it was not from either team) is contradicting what everyone else is saying, well not everyone else. And if he was calling off the left fielder then it must have been routine. Wasn't there don't know just putting posts together and analizing. Another thing that puzzled me and this may have happened but, someone posted that Coach Hardison had to be calmed down and restricted to the dugout. Very uncharacteristic of Coach Hardison. In fact I would say he doesn't get up in the umpires butts enough. I hope these two play again so they both go to region.

Good luck to both teams.

QUOTE(fhsbaseball8 @ May 8 2007 - 10:39 AM) 826454339[/snapback]I dont know who either of these teams are, I play in AAA, but the correct rule, is that if the infielder can make a play on the ball, or is attempting to make a play on the ball, then the infield fly rule would be in effect, even if it is in the outfield, and from what i am reading, the shortstop was the one making the play, so the rule should have been in effect.

just wondering if FHSbaseball stands for Forrest High School baseball?

QUOTE(Vultor @ May 8 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826454722[/snapback]But if he was given an error then the offical scorer (and I assume it was not from either team) is contradicting what everyone else is saying, well not everyone else. And if he was calling off the left fielder then it must have been routine. Wasn't there don't know just putting posts together and analizing. Another thing that puzzled me and this may have happened but, someone posted that Coach Hardison had to be calmed down and restricted to the dugout. Very uncharacteristic of Coach Hardison. In fact I would say he doesn't get up in the umpires butts enough. I hope these two play again so they both go to region.

Good luck to both teams.

Dont know.... for sure if he was really given an error in the OFFICIAL scorebook or just the one being kept by FHS bookkeeper in dugout or sidelines.

DO know... for sure that the shortstop was not "camped out" under the high fly ball. He just barely got his feet stable under him when the ball hit his glove and fell to the ground.. Did not hear him calling the other fielders off..absolutely sure this was not a routine play for the shortstop to make...

DO know... for sure that more than likely in any other game except a dist or reg tourn game, Coach Hardison WOULD HAVE BEEN ejected probably in the first inning but if not, most definitely in the last inning when he went ballistic. He was asked several times to please calm down , to quit screaming, and the ump crew would make sure the call on the field was correct. Finally, when he would not stop arguing and wanting to protest a call he should have known was not a protestable call in the first place, he was confined to the dugout by the base umpire. Probably would have best just to eject him then anyway...

DO HAVE ... one thought I would like receive some analysis on...How about the umpires getting to call time and run over to the coaches, screaming and ranting and raving, each and every time they see a great baseball coach do something they think is "stupid" or to use the words of a lot of coaches 'horrible, just horrible"like send a runner who gets thrown out by a mile or lets a runner take off without tagging up, or gives the bunt sign when the ump thinks that is not the thing to do at this time, or puts on the hit and run at the wrong time, left his pitcher in too long, or just whenever the ump thinks the coach has screwed up on with any little part of his job??? I would like to think the coach might not enjoy having someone like that " jump up his butt" in your own words. Do you or any coach that you know????? I think that would be hilarious, dont you? Do you think he would just stand there and be ridiculed like that and not do anything about it? I KNOW THAT NONE OF THE COACHES WOULD LIKE THAT!!!!But it is OK for a coach to try to make a fool out of an umpire whenever he thinks he needs to??? I think NOT?

DO NOT think there would be enough room up in "you know where" for the umpire because SOME of the coaches seem to have their heads up thiers sometimes...NOT ALL but some of them...

What about it, Jody72...do you agree?

QUOTE(CUBCADET @ May 8 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826455065[/snapback]Dont know.... for sure if he was really given an error in the OFFICIAL scorebook or just the one being kept by FHS bookkeeper in dugout or sidelines.

DO know... for sure that the shortstop was not "camped out" under the high fly ball. He just barely got his feet stable under him when the ball hit his glove and fell to the ground.. Did not hear him calling the other fielders off..absolutely sure this was not a routine play for the shortstop to make...

DO know... for sure that more than likely in any other game except a dist or reg tourn game, Coach Hardison WOULD HAVE BEEN ejected probably in the first inning but if not, most definitely in the last inning when he went ballistic. He was asked several times to please calm down , to quit screaming, and the ump crew would make sure the call on the field was correct. Finally, when he would not stop arguing and wanting to protest a call he should have known was not a protestable call in the first place, he was confined to the dugout by the base umpire. Probably would have best just to eject him then anyway...

DO HAVE ... one thought I would like receive some analysis on...How about the umpires getting to call time and run over to the coaches, screaming and ranting and raving, each and every time they see a great baseball coach do something they think is "stupid" or to use the words of a lot of coaches 'horrible, just horrible"like send a runner who gets thrown out by a mile or lets a runner take off without tagging up, or gives the bunt sign when the ump thinks that is not the thing to do at this time, or puts on the hit and run at the wrong time, left his pitcher in too long, or just whenever the ump thinks the coach has screwed up on with any little part of his job??? I would like to think the coach might not enjoy having someone like that " jump up his butt" in your own words. Do you or any coach that you know????? I think that would be hilarious, dont you? Do you think he would just stand there and be ridiculed like that and not do anything about it? I KNOW THAT NONE OF THE COACHES WOULD LIKE THAT!!!!But it is OK for a coach to try to make a fool out of an umpire whenever he thinks he needs to??? I think NOT?

DO NOT think there would be enough room up in "you know where" for the umpire because SOME of the coaches seem to have their heads up thiers sometimes...NOT ALL but some of them...

What about it, Jody72...do you agree?

sounds to me like you had a rough year LOL im just kidding