District 9A Crazy Game

EvilleEagles

QUOTE(CUBCADET @ May 8 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826455065[/snapback]Dont know.... for sure if he was really given an error in the OFFICIAL scorebook or just the one being kept by FHS bookkeeper in dugout or sidelines.

DO know... for sure that the shortstop was not "camped out" under the high fly ball. He just barely got his feet stable under him when the ball hit his glove and fell to the ground.. Did not hear him calling the other fielders off..absolutely sure this was not a routine play for the shortstop to make...

DO know... for sure that more than likely in any other game except a dist or reg tourn game, Coach Hardison WOULD HAVE BEEN ejected probably in the first inning but if not, most definitely in the last inning when he went ballistic. He was asked several times to please calm down , to quit screaming, and the ump crew would make sure the call on the field was correct. Finally, when he would not stop arguing and wanting to protest a call he should have known was not a protestable call in the first place, he was confined to the dugout by the base umpire. Probably would have best just to eject him then anyway...

DO HAVE ... one thought I would like receive some analysis on...How about the umpires getting to call time and run over to the coaches, screaming and ranting and raving, each and every time they see a great baseball coach do something they think is "stupid" or to use the words of a lot of coaches 'horrible, just horrible"like send a runner who gets thrown out by a mile or lets a runner take off without tagging up, or gives the bunt sign when the ump thinks that is not the thing to do at this time, or puts on the hit and run at the wrong time, left his pitcher in too long, or just whenever the ump thinks the coach has screwed up on with any little part of his job??? I would like to think the coach might not enjoy having someone like that " jump up his butt" in your own words. Do you or any coach that you know????? I think that would be hilarious, dont you? Do you think he would just stand there and be ridiculed like that and not do anything about it? I KNOW THAT NONE OF THE COACHES WOULD LIKE THAT!!!!But it is OK for a coach to try to make a fool out of an umpire whenever he thinks he needs to??? I think NOT?

DO NOT think there would be enough room up in "you know where" for the umpire because SOME of the coaches seem to have their heads up thiers sometimes...NOT ALL but some of them...

What about it, Jody72...do you agree?

You don't know squat!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one thing...Cascade won and Forrest lost!!! No matter what anyone thinks about the umpires or the crowds. Both teams had plenty of chances to put the game out of reach. Maybe if Forrest wouldn't have gave up two bunt singles in the seventh they would still be playing. Game over!!! Cascade and MTCS in regions. Bottom line!!! Forrest underachieved and will be ready for next year. Tough luck Forrest! Good luck to Cascade and MTCS in regions! Support District 9A well!

QUOTE(voiceofrockets @ May 9 2007 - 05:02 PM) 826455663[/snapback]He came out a few times but the time he ran to right field, Parker screamed about 2 to 3 feet from the face of the ump, pointing his finger at his face. Both coaches knew it was a big game and was going to be very close. Can't blame one coach or the other for trying to get a break. Since no one was tossed I guess the umps didn't think it was "ballistic"

He was a bit animated, but he didn't scream.

QUOTE(daa21 @ May 9 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826455797[/snapback]You don't know squat!!!!!

I may not know squat but I do know one thing for sure..... I can promise you that I was as close to the game as you can get, and what I said earlier is definitely TRUE. but , I have said this before and I will say it once more just for you daa 21....IT IS VERY HARD TO ENGAGE IN A BATTLE OF WITS WITH AN UNARMED PERSON SO I WILL NOT TRY TO WITH YOU.. end of story