District 8AAA tournament

Legends

I have watched most of the district tournament games the last few days and as we all knew this is a great district to play in. The games have been great to watch. We can blame the umps, the coaches, even they players but, NOBODYS perfect, we have all made mistakes on the playing field one way or another as a coach, player, or ump! I have been all three and the bottom line is that these young men that are out there playing their hearts out and every team has shown that. This is some of these young mens last game of baseball they will ever play and we as spectators need to applaude the job they have done.

I think that over all so far this has been good baseball and as for as the umps most of them have a day job and don't have to take the hassles that we all give them and yes I know that they get paid to do this job but, believe me you have to love it to put up with the grief that they get.

Let's let the guys play, the coaches coach, and we need to be the supporters not the ones who criticize it affects the players on the teams when thats all they hear. At this point in the game one has to forget about the hit, homerun, error, the loss or win and concertrate on the next play or game because that is what really matters.

So, Binns and all the other officials thank you for the job you do. It lets our kids have something to do and hopefully will make the mentors to the youth in the future.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your assessment. the quote below is my thoughts on the Lawrence County - Lincoln County game held on Monday in Tullahoma. All of the games have been great... I expect more great games as the tourney continues

"the guys playing deserve an "atta-boy" for the way in which they played. their was no "quit" for both teams. the players, played their hearts out and deserve to be noticed. I look for Lincoln County to be in the championship game, they were ready for the Lawrence County game and they will be ready to play tonight.

Which ever team wins to face Lawrence County in the championship game will be ready. Can't imagine a team playing for the championship NOT being ready.

Great baseball players playing great games...... that is what it is about!!!!!"

QUOTE(pops7 @ May 8 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826454562[/snapback]I agree with your assessment. the quote below is my thoughts on the Lawrence County - Lincoln County game held on Monday in Tullahoma. All of the games have been great... I expect more great games as the tourney continues

"the guys playing deserve an "atta-boy" for the way in which they played. their was no "quit" for both teams. the players, played their hearts out and deserve to be noticed. I look for Lincoln County to be in the championship game, they were ready for the Lawrence County game and they will be ready to play tonight.

Which ever team wins to face Lawrence County in the championship game will be ready. Can't imagine a team playing for the championship NOT being ready.

Great baseball players playing great games...... that is what it is about!!!!!"

The tournament has been full of great games. Those who watched the district all year really expected nothing different. I'd say you would be hard pressed to find one better. Hopefully, there are still three to go and I am looking forward to watching. The three left were the top three finishers during the regular season, but they have all had to work their tails off to get where they are. It's another day, and it's a beautiful one!! That is what it is all about.

Sharp leads off for LC in the 7th.

Sharp singles to center. Brian Sharp coming to bat. Sawyer Mason pitching for Coffee.

Brian Sharp KOs. 1 out.

Lincoln steals 2nd.

Glover lines out to short. Two away.

Blake Sharp comes to bat. (This is a Sharp team /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> The first Sharp may have been a mistaken identity)

Blake grounds out. Extra innings, 1-1.

I'm listening at www.thunder1320.com

Coffee scores one in the 8th to take a 2-1 lead. Sorry, got a phone call. Not sure how they scored.

Sawyer Mason is still on the mound for Coffee.

Fly ball for out one.

Infield single for Lincoln. Runner (Shamichael Black) is on first.

Batter struck out but Black stole 2nd and went to third on an error. Runner on third, two out.

SINGLE by Gaskill (sic). Score tied 2-2.

Fly to center. Three outs. Going to the 9th.

Three up and down for Coffee in the top of the 9th.

Pearson now pitching for Coffee. Leadoff batter flies to center. One out.

Lincoln gets a single to center. Runner on first with Glover at bat, one out.

Glover walks. Runners on first and second. Blake Sharp at bat.

Force out at second on a grounder. Runners first and third, two out. Merritt at bat.

Merritt walks, Bases loaded. Top of order for Lincoln, Shamichael Black.

Black lines to right just foul. Count 1-1. Grounds to second, force out, and we are going to th 10th.

Coffee has two on, first and second, with no outs.

Force out at third on a bunt. Still first and second, one out.

Single by Dallas Holmes, runner scores from second, 3-2. Second and third. Single scores the runner from third on a bloop single by Pearson, 4-2 Coffee. Still runners 2nd and 3rd.

Shot off the fence, two more score. 6-2 Coffee as Lincoln removes Blake Sharp from the mound.

Error on Lincoln makes the score 8-2 Coffee. Finally, three outs. Bottom of tenth. Netherland, Gaskill, Reese for Lincoln.

One out, runner on first for Lincoln. Deep fly to left, two away. One out left.