Region 5A

ERBaseball25

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTCS is alot like NCS, they are a solid team fundamentally. This game should be interesting, if NCS pitches Mcdowell then i say they will win.

As for the East/Cascade game, this will be very low scoring, as east will be throwing Clinard, and i'm sure Cascade will throw MoMo. It should be very close, but if East can stop from making errors, and Clinard stays ahead in the count they could win.

I say NCS wins by 2 and Cascade wins by 1.

Good luck to district 10-A teams!!!!!!

QUOTE(bigtuck4242 @ May 10 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826457008[/snapback]MTCS is alot like NCS, they are a solid team fundamentally. This game should be interesting, if NCS pitches Mcdowell then i say they will win.

As for the East/Cascade game, this will be very low scoring, as east will be throwing Clinard, and i'm sure Cascade will throw MoMo. It should be very close, but if East can stop from making errors, and Clinard stays ahead in the count they could win.

I would have to guess that both District 10-A teams will win. Pitching and defense always win in the postseason in baseball. McDowell has been there and done that when he shoved it up Cascade's rear last year with total command of a great curveball, striking out 14. Clinard is probably getting text messages from VU and UT right now....nuff said. If he can just show any type of curve or slider or change, Cascade will start guessing and crumble late in counts. The 9-A teams are good but they likely haven't seen pitching like this all year.

I have heard 2 reports about Cascade from opposing coaches that have played them this year .....

Cascade is a very good team, but they have not seen the pitching they will face in Clinard ...... but East makes errors behind Clinard ...... Cascade is a good team and will take advantage ....

I will take the Home team in this one ... but I wont surprised if East wins

Saw MTCS play 2 times this year, and I was very impressed, they are alot like NCS, but without the dominant starter on the hill, now why 2-4 really god pitchers no one dominant ..... McDowell was in this position last year and beat Cascade ..... but MTCS can jump out in front they will win .....

MTCS beat NCS 7-3 in late march in the Courier Classic .... but I saw NCS winning this time around

btw what time do the games start monday?

QUOTE(BabiesAndMemories @ May 10 2007 - 11:39 PM) 826457021[/snapback]I would have to guess that both District 10-A teams will win. Pitching and defense always win in the postseason in baseball. McDowell has been there and done that when he shoved it up Cascade's rear last year with total command of a great curveball, striking out 14. Clinard is probably getting text messages from VU and UT right now....nuff said. If he can just show any type of curve or slider or change, Cascade will start guessing and crumble late in counts. The 9-A teams are good but they likely haven't seen pitching like this all year.

I have not had the opprotunity to see East play this year but have heard alot about Clinard on here. How hard does he throw? If you havent seen Mo Mo pitch I think you will be extrememly impressed. No knock on Cinard or East but Mo Mo is no push over. He went undefeated this year and was pitcher of the year. If MTCS has and can beat NCS I would have to say Cascade wins this game against East by putting two and two together. I also know this is baseball and anything can happen. Good luck to all four teams.

Go Champs

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ May 11 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826457141[/snapback]I have not had the opprotunity to see East play this year but have heard alot about Clinard on here. How hard does he throw? If you havent seen Mo Mo pitch I think you will be extrememly impressed. No knock on Cinard or East but Mo Mo is no push over. He went undefeated this year and was pitcher of the year. If MTCS has and can beat NCS I would have to say Cascade wins this game against East by putting two and two together. I also know this is baseball and anything can happen. Good luck to all four teams.

Go Champs

Clinard is a good pitcher and i have seen him hit up to 93 with a sharp curve. If Clinard is on his "A" game I will have to go with East on this game. Not only is he a good pitcher but he will also drive in runs for ER. Good luck to all the teams in this tournament

QUOTE(ut18vols @ May 11 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826457198[/snapback]East wins and NCS wins for a District 10-A sweep. Good Luck Indians!!!

When does the region games start?

Monday at Cascade will have to be an early game since no lights. We played regular season game at 4:00.

QUOTE(divingcatch14 @ May 11 2007 - 08:40 AM) 826457153[/snapback]Clinard is a good pitcher and i have seen him hit up to 93 with a sharp curve. If Clinard is on his "A" game I will have to go with East on this game. Not only is he a good pitcher but he will also drive in runs for ER. Good luck to all the teams in this tournament

You never can tell how hard a kid throws by asking folks on here, players or fans. I asked a Kentucky scout who had just seen Clinard and he said 87-90 on Clinard's fastball. That alone gives them a leg up on all other Class A teams when he is tossing the pill. I would say that if Cascade can beat him, then they would have to be favorites to win the state because Clinard will likely be hurling for a SEC team two years from now. Don't see it happening though. MoMo is a gritty kid, but he would have to shut out ER for Cascade to have a chance. If I were a college scout, I would make it a point to come out to that one so I could answer some questions on whether or not MoMo can hit SEC pitching and how Clinard does against a potential SEC bat.