Rutledge protest PF game

jenbug

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BP Man @ May 11 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826457434[/snapback]I agree if Pigeon Forge plays as they did Thursday, they can play with anyone.

did he pitch 11innings? wow what an impressive day for that kid 11 innings and still getting kids out unfotunatly that is one of those rules no more than 10 innings in 2 days

Here's the official standing according to the Pigeon Forge coaching staff:

Pigeon Forge keeps the 2AA Championship title but,

they lose home field advantage during the regional tournament.

Rutledge has home field advantage for the region tournament.

Thats what TSSAA said today when they looked at the protests.

Personally I think if the kid can pitch 11 inning straight accross two games and hold the opposing team to two runs in two games there should be no excuses made. Rutledge got beat and cried about it.

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ May 11 2007 - 05:31 PM) 826457529[/snapback]Here's the official standing according to the Pigeon Forge coaching staff:

Personally I think if the kid can pitch 11 inning straight accross two games and hold the opposing team to two runs in two games there should be no excuses made. Rutledge got beat and cried about it.

So does PF still play the 2 seed in the regionals?

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ May 11 2007 - 06:31 PM) 826457529[/snapback]Here's the official standing according to the Pigeon Forge coaching staff:

rules are rules

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 11 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826457536[/snapback]rules are rules

Oh I know rules are rules and as soon as it happened I knew they would be penalized. I just think it is humorous that Rutledge tried to beat PF with a technicallity because they couldn't beat them by playing the game. It shows thier character.

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ May 11 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826457537[/snapback]Oh I know rules are rules and as soon as it happened I knew they would be penalized. I just think it is humorous that Rutledge tried to beat PF with a technicallity because they couldn't beat them by playing the game. It shows thier character.

why would the PF throw him 11 innings?

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 11 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826457538[/snapback]why would the PF throw him 11 innings?

In reality because the new coach apparently has some screwed up problem with taking pitchers out. He has been known this season to leave them in far too long, and the team has suffered because of it for the most part.

But...

On the other hand the kid was dominating the Rutledge hitters in the first game that PF won 15-2. He went six innings and they only scored two runs. I guess the coach could have thought "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" because in the second game he went five scoreless before he was pulled. Pf then brought in a freshmen lefty that Rutledge couldn't hit either.