Volleyball Officiating

riverdaleman

Hi there, riverdaleman!

The Great Line Judge, moderator of this volleyball forum, can lead you in the right direction...

You should pm him and he'll tell you who to contact.

Wow - it'll be great seeing you at volleyball games...i'll have to ask every ref "Are you riverdaleman?" and then we can meet! I still know lots fo the refs from being scorekeeper at Page. I think you'd have fun doing that...

I only yelled at The Great Line Judge one time!!! LOL He forgave me!

~CU~

in the meantime, here is a website with a rule book available, plus some interpretations of new rules that have been enacted in the past couple of years.

http://www.usavolleyball.org/RulesOfficials/indoor.asp

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 12 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826458034[/snapback]i have been considering getting into beinga volleyball official and i was wondering if there is a web site or somthing that i can look over the rules before i turn in my money to TSSAA

thanks

Congratulations and I hope you decide to do it. We can always use good refs in Middle Tennessee.

Middle Tennessee Volleyball Association seems to be the place for volleyball refs in our area.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 12 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826458034[/snapback]i have been considering getting into beinga volleyball official and i was wondering if there is a web site or somthing that i can look over the rules before i turn in my money to TSSAA

thanks

RD, this is the best thing I have seen happen. What made you to decide to throw your hat in the ring. 7AAA will be an interesting situation this year. Good luck.

QUOTE(PHargis @ May 12 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826458189[/snapback]RD, this is the best thing I have seen happen. What made you to decide to throw your hat in the ring. 7AAA will be an interesting situation this year. Good luck.

i have quit Nissan so i am going to be more available. In my new job i am going to have more of a flexable schedule and i know there is a shortage in officials. I dont know if i will be any good at volleyball officiating but i had to leanr to umpire(some say i still dont know anything) so i think i can learn to do this. I am not willing to do basketball and i like watching football too much to do it

QUOTE(play4keeps @ May 12 2007 - 03:34 PM) 826458085[/snapback]Congratulations and I hope you decide to do it. We can always use good refs in Middle Tennessee.

Middle Tennessee Volleyball Association seems to be the place for volleyball refs in our area.

thanks for the web site in sent in my information to their contact people

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 30 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826469032[/snapback]One thing to keep in mind riverdaleman is that there are a lot of weekend VB tournaments that start on Friday night. This situtation could interfere with your Friday night football watching.

now there is no sense in cussing me LOL