Division II Regionals

BigOwl

In the East it will be Baylor and McCallie coming out to go to the state. They play Mon and the team to win 2 games will be the #1 seed and the loser will be #2. McCallie beat Webb Friday 3-0 and then Sat Baylor beat Webb 15-2. How are the Middle and West looking?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigOwl @ May 12 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826458157[/snapback]In the East it will be Baylor and McCallie coming out to go to the state. They play Mon and the team to win 2 games will be the #1 seed and the loser will be #2. McCallie beat Webb Friday 3-0 and then Sat Baylor beat Webb 15-2. How are the Middle and West looking?

Ryan and BGA are lookng pretty strong from the middle. It will probably come down to MBA or BA for the three spot. Although, BA is playing out of the loser's bracket after getting stunned by JPII in the first round.

QUOTE(BGABaseball00 @ May 13 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826458385[/snapback]MBA is also in the loser's bracket after losing to Davidson in the first round. MBA vs JPII, BA vs Davidson in the loser's bracket on Tuesday while BGA hosts Ryan in the winner's bracket final Tuesday at 7

I could be wrong but I was told MBA already earned a state berth for finishing first in regular season play and now they are just playing for seeding. Is this correct? I know the West doesn't do this and I'm not sure about the East. But I believe the middle region does award a berth for finishing first in the regular season.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 13 2007 - 10:58 AM) 826458407[/snapback]I could be wrong but I was told MBA already earned a state berth for finishing first in regular season play and now they are just playing for seeding. Is this correct? I know the West doesn't do this and I'm not sure about the East. But I believe the middle region does award a berth for finishing first in the regular season.

I'm interested in finding out what's going on with MBA as well

Im pretty sure baylor already has the #1 seed even though the region isn't over. Since they swept both webb and mccallie in the regular season they already got the automatic bid to state. As I was told the only way that they could earn the second seed after the region tournament was to finish last. Since webb was knocked out saturday then that makes that impossible so i guess baylor is first no matter the outcome of the mccallie games. Their not just gonna hand over the region title to mccallie though.