region 5 a/aa

volball625

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the District 10 kids a little bit of credit...hopefully they won't both be shutouts. Haven't seen Hume Fogg play but I hope they are able to be physical on the ball. As one Cheatham parent told me..."they (Cheatham) just have big boys who'll do just about anything to get to the ball." And, as was the case for Central in the championship, it's kinda hard to score when you're on the ground. As for Montgomery Central...they've got two talented guys up front that may just be able to work something together and make it a little interesting. Not predicting any upsets but both teams will have some opportunities.

By the way...not sure of the exact details from the game, but Cheatham lost to CPA 3-2 in a preseason match. Fairly close some might say. Doubt that has any implication on the present games, but it's fun to speculate.

QUOTE(HFsoccer4 @ May 15 2007 - 10:53 PM) 826459969[/snapback]Hume Fogg 4

Cheatam Co 0

CPA 3

Mont. Central 2

Anyone have details on the cpa game. I thought that cpa would win big.

Montgomery Central went into halftime leading 2-0. From a fan/coach's perspective, CPA seemed to be looking past this game and Central came out ready to play. They scored both goals on breakaways and had CPA on their heels. After halftime they made the needed adjustments and realized they had to play soccer if they wanted to win. In the end, I think we saw the real CPA in the second half and a tired Central defense was unable to withstand the constant pressure. It's hard to beat a team like CPA when you don't have a lot of depth and I think that was a problem for Central. Plus you can't make a lot of mistakes and all three goals came on account of a breakdown in the defense. Nothing to be ashamed of though. Credit has to go to Central's keeper with an outstanding performance against a talented offensive team and the duo up front for putting the goals in. Hopefully the team earned a little bit of respect for District 10 in the future.

I, as a Montgomery Central player, would like to thank CPA for playing an awesome game with us. This being my senoir year, I couldn't think of a better game to go out on (if at all). For the first time this season, we got to play a real game of soccer, not kickball. We got to play the "beautiful game". The 4 fouls in tonights game compared to the 30+ in our last does alot for our team's style. It was the best we played all season. The worst part for us wasn't losing the game, it was knowing we were done with our season. Thanks to all the players and parents who showed class that I thought was lacking in high school soccer. Best of luck to CPA and everyone else still in the running.

QUOTE(soccerdude3366 @ May 16 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826460017[/snapback]I, as a Montgomery Central player, would like to thank CPA for playing an awesome game with us. This being my senoir year, I couldn't think of a better game to go out on (if at all). For the first time this season, we got to play a real game of soccer, not kickball. We got to play the "beautiful game". The 4 fouls in tonights game compared to the 30+ in our last does alot for our team's style. It was the best we played all season. The worst part for us wasn't losing the game, it was knowing we were done with our season. Thanks to all the players and parents who showed class that I thought was lacking in high school soccer. Best of luck to CPA and everyone else still in the running.

Thank you for the kind words, and I would like to thank you, your team mates, coaches and fans for contributing to a great night of soccer. From my perspective as one of the assistant coaches at CPA, you are all a class act.

QUOTE(mania22 @ May 16 2007 - 05:20 PM) 826460467[/snapback]the real question is, Which one of these teams can stand test to CAK/Catholic?

last year in state tour. cpa lost to cak in 3 overtimes (pk's) in the first game. this game was the closest game cak played in the state tournament. overall, the 2007 edition is more talented and deeper. however, cpa has to get to state first!