Rutledge vs Elizabethon

baseballss07

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winner of Region 2 (Gibbs vs Seymour) vs Loser of Region 1 (Elizabethton vs Rutledge)

Winner of Region 1 vs Loser of Region 2

Winners of these two games go to the Boro.

Elizabethton has four quality pitchers rested and ready to go. Davenport going the distance last night against Pigeon Forge was huge in my opinion. It gives coach Payne alot of options on Wednesday, and Friday.

QUOTE(billybuck @ May 15 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826459553[/snapback]Rutledge will win this one but that will be the end of the road because there will be no innings pitched blunders on Friday.

When you get this far you know that both teams are of good quality. In the earlier game played at Elizabethton, neither team played well and they both knew it. Elizabethton barely got by, but again, neither looked good. I look for them both to let it all hang out. It'll be a 'slobber knocker' and should be a great game to watch.

GO CYCLONES!!!

QUOTE(RangerCountry @ May 15 2007 - 06:21 PM) 826459736[/snapback]they have played before and elizabethton beat them 3-2

I like the cyclones in this one,have you seen the look in their eyes? They want it bad you can tell on the field and off they are hanging out together after games and still talking baseball, as far as the last time they played good pitching stops good hitting does not matter what level you still win with pitching and defense and elizabethton has that, home field is huge for the clones and I believe they come ready to play wed !!!!!!!

QUOTE(single7 @ May 16 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826460168[/snapback]I like the cyclones in this one,have you seen the look in their eyes? They want it bad you can tell on the field and off they are hanging out together after games and still talking baseball, as far as the last time they played good pitching stops good hitting does not matter what level you still win with pitching and defense and elizabethton has that, home field is huge for the clones and I believe they come ready to play wed !!!!!!!

Was the pitcher that Elizabethton threw against Pigeon Forge their number 1? Also, is this the first time in a while that Elizabethton has been in the Region Championship?

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 16 2007 - 11:53 AM) 826460303[/snapback]Was the pitcher that Elizabethton threw against Pigeon Forge their number 1? Also, is this the first time in a while that Elizabethton has been in the Region Championship?

Elizabethton made it to the regional championship in 1975 I remember I played then we were in the big 9 conference with Kingsport and JC their wasn't A -AA-AAA and so on ! As far as is Davenport their number 1 they 4 real good starters and and I guess that is up to who is judging it, He is 8-1 with a 2.54 era he threw a 2 hitter against Rutledge a 4 hitter against Pigeon Forge won the district game and was the winning pitcher in the district championship game last year ,he doesn't get alot of press because he doesn't throw 90 miles per hour but he wins and he knows how to pitch,the kid pitching tonight is as good as anyone in our conference so I expect a good game from him