Smyrna vs. Overton

smyrna=statechamps06

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(smyrna=statechamps06 @ May 17 2007 - 09:20 AM) 826461020[/snapback]Smyrna plays Overton on Friday at 7 P.M. at Smyrna who wins this one?

Is that the correct gametime?? I have been waiting on someone to post time ... heard it was being changed to accomodate Overton graduation!

I believe the game has been moved to 4 because of Overton graduation. As for the game, I don't think Overton can hit Sonny Gray and I don't think Smyrna can hit Ben Johnson. I also think this could be a 1-0 game, but I don't know who to take. Also remember that Gray and Johnson threw a lot of pitches on Monday.

In a ptiching match-up it comes down to who hits the best. I like Smyrna because they have faced the Clarksville ace and Mt Juliet's Cotham. Both of those are above average high school pitchers.

I don't know who Overton has senn but Smyrna's bats are coming with some confidence after beating Mt Juliet.

Also, I don't care who the pitcher is. Gray and Egerton are both gonna get solid wood on the ball at least once or twice in the game. Those kids can hit. The rest of the Bulldogs line-up hit well against MJ. I don't know too much about Overton or their road to this game, but i doubt they have seen a pitcher in the tourney as good as either Ryne Harper or Josh Cotham.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 17 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826461246[/snapback]In a ptiching match-up it comes down to who hits the best. I like Smyrna because they have faced the Clarksville ace and Mt Juliet's Cotham. Both of those are above average high school pitchers.

I don't know who Overton has senn but Smyrna's bats are coming with some confidence after beating Mt Juliet.

Also, I don't care who the pitcher is. Gray and Egerton are both gonna get solid wood on the ball at least once or twice in the game. Those kids can hit. The rest of the Bulldogs line-up hit well against MJ. I don't know too much about Overton or their road to this game, but i doubt they have seen a pitcher in the tourney as good as either Ryne Harper or Josh Cotham.

i dont beleive anyone is gonna get any wood on the ball JK

should be a great game..overton has faced great pitching also they have the kid from ravenwood and franklin has a few good kids too

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 17 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826461246[/snapback]In a ptiching match-up it comes down to who hits the best. I like Smyrna because they have faced the Clarksville ace and Mt Juliet's Cotham. Both of those are above average high school pitchers.

won't be wood