South Doyle v. D-B

quittalkingandplay

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ May 17 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826461230[/snapback]I would put 1 million dollars on DB losing. Its a numbers thing.

All right WaCoJaCo, you nailed it again. They can trash talk you all they want but you were right man.

You had a great thread last fall when Dobyns-Bennett lost 1st round of playoffs for 2nd or 3rd straight time.

I know what you're thinking - coaching. You've made that abundantly clear. I didn't agree with that on the football thread but I can't see any other explanation for these losses in this case. I mean, they beat these teams in regular season. They just seem to come unglued in playoffs. Granted, I was just listening on the radio but sounds like they were out pitched and out batted by a good margin. What else could that be besides coaching? I asking, not saying. You don't loose talent in this short a time period. Are they just tired? Were they psyched out? Jinxed? Cursed??

Congratulations to South Doyle. You deserved the win.

One other comment. Grand experiment? The coach is just not that kind of smart. You are obviously delusional if you believe there was some experiment regarding loosing to get in a bracket or whatever other grand schemes you may believe there were. Years ago with Coach Whited, maybe.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 17 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826461630[/snapback]My best friend's house sits right behind the SD field on adjoining land.... We could just sit in the upstairs of her garage...it has a nice window view up there with a good view of the ballfield... her hubby actually hunted from there this last fall because she saw more deer in their back yard while he was out hunting then he saw "out hunting" .... Heck with my hubby, and your wife...we could play cards and watch the game...that would just about be heaven on earth. I have a 10 year old son that would just love to run over to field for hotdogs and cokes and nachos for us!

Also I would agree that I believe this loss belong to coach Ritz. Its about time to hang it up coach.

No excuses we lost,we did not hit and that was the best pitcher that I have seen in a long time in high school.Chad Bell did a great job and so did all the cherokee players.They beat our ace pitcher in Bo Burton with the long ball in a small ball field.That's baseball.Best of luck to South Doyle at the Boro.

Exactly right. I've started many an argument defending the Tribe, but I'm here as promised to take any grief. We got whipped, we gagged, and there are some tough questions out there that I'm sure most don't want answered.

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 18 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826462325[/snapback]No excuses we lost,we did not hit and that was the best pitcher that I have seen in a long time in high school.Chad Bell did a great job and so did all the cherokee players.They beat our ace pitcher in Bo Burton with the long ball in a small ball field.That's baseball.Best of luck to South Doyle at the Boro.