DCA @ Marion Co.

ElvisUGA24

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ElvisUGA24 @ May 18 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826462503[/snapback]They will run into something called Gibbs High School on Tuesday. I don't expect Gibbs to have too much trouble with Marion Co.

Funny thing McMinn Central, Notre Dame, Meigs County, and DCA said the same thing. Go Warriors!!

marion county throws strikes and makes most of the plays... Meigs should have worn them out, but didnt, anything can happen on a given day as proven by that game... the marion vs central game was a good one but hate the way it ended for central... congrats to marion but dont think they will go far in the tournament

QUOTE(Pounder02 @ May 18 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826462552[/snapback]marion county throws strikes and makes most of the plays... Meigs should have worn them out, but didnt, anything can happen on a given day as proven by that game... the marion vs central game was a good one but hate the way it ended for central... congrats to marion but dont think they will go far in the tournament

Not sure why say that about Meigs. I saw both and while Meigs beat my Irish, I wasn't that impressed with them and thought Marion would win, as they did. Marion is a solid ball club and very well coached.

QUOTE(Pounder02 @ May 18 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826462552[/snapback]marion county throws strikes and makes most of the plays... Meigs should have worn them out, but didnt, anything can happen on a given day as proven by that game... the marion vs central game was a good one but hate the way it ended for central... congrats to marion but dont think they will go far in the tournament

Marion is a scrappy team who only puts the ball in play. Against DCA only 3 balls off marion bats left the infield. ANYONE on their team who scored reached bases on a walk. Their pitchers throw MEAT, but they hit the outside corner and throw strikes against teams that are struggling at the plate. Marion definitely deserved the win more than Meigs or DCA in the games they played...but i stand by the fact that Marion is not as talented as the teams they are beating, but don't get me wrong they deserve it and i wish the warriors the best of luck

QUOTE(killajay @ May 19 2007 - 07:49 AM) 826462728[/snapback]Marion is a scrappy team who only puts the ball in play. Against DCA only 3 balls off marion bats left the infield. ANYONE on their team who scored reached bases on a walk. Their pitchers throw MEAT, but they hit the outside corner and throw strikes against teams that are struggling at the plate. Marion definitely deserved the win more than Meigs or DCA in the games they played...but i stand by the fact that Marion is not as talented as the teams they are beating, but don't get me wrong they deserve it and i wish the warriors the best of luck

your right-thats y Marion had 11 hits to Meigs 6 and fowler gave up 1 after the second. And Bell throws meat also-11 k's. vs. DCA. With your brillant baseball insight Im surprised your not a regular host on baseball tonight! As for hits against DCA, Marion had, I think 6 and 5 left the infield, the other was drag bunt! DCA had 6 hits also from Marion's meat pitcher. Lets c...Mcminn 0 runs off an avg. pitcher, Meigs 2 er's off Marions #3 and DCA 2 e.r. and 1 of those the umpire told the catcher after the game he missed a call at home, coulda been 1 e.r. So if my math is correct thats 4 E.R's in the region and sectional off Marion's meat pitchers....Like I said your brillant!!! Ill put that out there and let everyone else decide!!! The spin stops here!!!

QUOTE(killajay @ May 19 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826462728[/snapback]Marion is a scrappy team who only puts the ball in play. Against DCA only 3 balls off marion bats left the infield. ANYONE on their team who scored reached bases on a walk. Their pitchers throw MEAT, but they hit the outside corner and throw strikes against teams that are struggling at the plate. Marion definitely deserved the win more than Meigs or DCA in the games they played...but i stand by the fact that Marion is not as talented as the teams they are beating, but don't get me wrong they deserve it and i wish the warriors the best of luck

Here is a little food for thought this group of kids have accomplished the following:

4 Dizzy Dean State Championships in different age groups.

Combined Middle School record of 62-8

06 and 07 District Champs

Won 16 of last 18.

So to say they aren't talented is ridiculous. We continue to fly under the radar because we are so young and didn't start playing well until the last half of the season. As far pitching is concerned its all about location anyone can hit a fastball down the middle. Bottom line our guys can hit their spots. I'm pretty sure there is a guy named Maddux who has made a pretty good living doing the same. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(MIKE LINEBACKER @ May 19 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826462818[/snapback]Here is a little food for thought this group of kids have accomplished the following:

4 Dizzy Dean State Championships in different age groups.

Combined Middle School record of 62-8

06 and 07 District Champs

Won 16 of last 18.

So to say they aren't talented is ridiculous. We continue to fly under the radar because we are so young and didn't start playing well until the last half of the season. As far pitching is concerned its all about location anyone can hit a fastball down the middle. Bottom line our guys can hit their spots. I'm pretty sure there is a guy named Maddux who has made a pretty good living doing the same. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

never once did i say they aren't a talented team. they are just not as talented as the teams they are beating. ask anyone from meigs and anyone from DCA and they'll tell you they played terrible. ask anyone from marion and they'll say they played great.

so if the teams that are losing by a mere 2 runs say that they played terrible opposed to a team that says they played great...what would happen if both teams played great?

QUOTE(killajay @ May 19 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826462825[/snapback]never once did i say they aren't a talented team. they are just not as talented as the teams they are beating. ask anyone from meigs and anyone from DCA and they'll tell you they played terrible. ask anyone from marion and they'll say they played great.

so if the teams that are losing by a mere 2 runs say that they played terrible opposed to a team that says they played great...what would happen if both teams played great?

That was by far not our best game if that's what your thinking and when was the last time someone said "We played great and got beat." NEVER!