AA State Champion?

ElvisUGA24

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture played an excellent game last night against Stone! There pitcher threw a great game! (Whew if she ain't a 100% I'd hate to see her when she was) They took advantage of every opportunity, which is the sign of a quality team! Certainly won of the top 4 or 5 teams we've played this year.

Stone's pitcher threw pretty well, certainly better than the score indicated. Unfortunately the defense decided to set this one out. Hopefully they can get there head's screwed back on straight for today's games. You just can't have those kind of meltdowns defensively against even an average opponent, and certainly nobody left at this level of competition fits into the average category.

I've not seen Camden play, but it'll certainly take a excellent effort from any team to beat Goodpasture!

Good luck to both teams in the game today.

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 24 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826465875[/snapback]Good game last night, lauren had us on the ropes, so we had to go small ball. i have no doubt stone will climb back up. Great parents, great kids. If you have any tips on Camden......... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Don't know 'bout that! Kelsey certainly played a little small ball all by herself ( /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )...that ball she hit out got real small, real quick.

*The score is not a good indication of this game. Take away a lot(!) of errors (that don't normally happen) and it's 3 maybe 4 to 1.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 24 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826465971[/snapback]The score is a perfect indication. Errors happen and the team that makes the errors has to be able to respond accordingly. Stone Memorial didn't. Congrats to Goodpasture.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But, how did you know? Weren't you at a track-and-field meet or a soccer/tennis match somewhere...softball aficianado? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 20 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826463574[/snapback]I'll be at the track complex the whole time...

Just what I thought. So, you're either gonna lie and say you were there...or somebody told you about the softball game and you really have no clue as to what happened. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(buc1973 @ May 23 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826465094[/snapback]I agree blackbunny about singling out a player- any player. Lauren is a great kid. However I want to clarify once again, that with an enrollment of 930, Stone IS a AA school. It is unfortunate that the people across town continue to perpetuate rumors in order to take away from the achievements of our kids.

Buc, I haven't seen one post from, as you quoted it, people from across town, all i see is you and some other stone parents keep talking about CCHS, the kids gets along just fine from both schools, it's some of the grownups that need to grow up!

Joe- you are right- in this forum. Again, as I explained to Blackbunny, this has been an ongoing battle since basketball season, which did, actually start with rumors spread from across town. Obviously those rumors reached softball parents/fans as well,a s blackbunny indicated that is what he/ she "heard" about Stone...

Thanks for your comments though...

QUOTE(philmeyer @ May 21 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826464378[/snapback]two and out, maybe three games if they're lucky. They have the easiest road to the state every year. Once there, anyone can get hot and win it, but getting there is so hard. You would think Covington might even luck up and win it one year.

Covington plays their fifth game tommorrow at 10