Marshall County vs USJ in Round #1!

necvol

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 22 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826464436[/snapback]I'm sorry if I have interpreted some of the comments here as threats, but in this day and age, one can't be too safe. What bothers me is that USJ has only about 400 students and their parents pay around $6000 a year to send their kids to a private school. I think that's insane. It appears that two of their players are transfers who became eligible to play in May so you wonder how much USJ recruits to get the best players in the Jackson area. One noted poster here sent me a message that they are the real deal and are probably the best team in the state in any classification. Maybe they are the best team that money can buy.

Yes, you definitely read what you want to in these posts. You have been slowly aggitating this entire thread from the beginning by posting half the info and inferring things without any shred of proof. For the amount of researh you do, you only absorb half the data. Tuition at USJ is about $6000 per year, $10,000 per year cheaper than the privates in the Memphis area. (6 grand is about a car payment, so if you sacrifice and drive an older car, you too can send your child to get an accelerated college bound education). You may think that's insane, but at last weeks graduation, 92 kids graduated. They were offered over $2 million in scholarships, and guess how many are attending college next fall? 92. That does not sound insane to me, it sounds awesome.

Do a little more research and you might learn somthing about the difference between a D1 and D2 school in Tennessee. The two kids that just became eligible are great kids, but they didn't get USJ to this point in the post season, and I'm not sure if they will even see any playing time this week. And for the rest of the team, tell me how you recruit kids from first to seventh grade? That's the age almost all came to USJ. Please explain that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Old Timer @ May 22 2007 - 06:59 AM) 826464435[/snapback]Beware all USJ fans, I have met the great Pageman at the State Volleyball Tournament last year. If he pulls down the red suspenders (aka Jerry "The King" Lawler) then even old Jose may get scared. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Pageman, speaking from experience as a supporter of USJ sports past and present, you will be safe no matter where you sit. Heck, Jose would probably even ask you or anyone else if you wanted a diet coke on his way to the concession stand. That's the real people you would be sitting by. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Here's to watching some great games this week........Go USJ.

Watch out Old Timer, I would indeed be scared if Pageman dropped his suspenders. Somethings just are not meant for public viewing. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 22 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826464436[/snapback]I'm sorry if I have interpreted some of the comments here as threats, but in this day and age, one can't be too safe.

Page, if you are going to poke the dog , don't whine when he snaps at you. You keep poking comments at the USJ group trying to get something going, and then acting insulted when they respond back. Quit insulting them about their statistics, their coach, their tuition, their kids, etc... Chill out and I'm sure they will as well. Surely we can talk baseball without name calling. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'm not sure about Jose, but I'll buy you a Diet Coke when I get there. Although I will be late. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(JoseWales @ May 22 2007 - 08:37 AM) 826464470[/snapback]Watch out Old Timer, I would indeed be scared if Pageman dropped his suspenders. Somethings just are not meant for public viewing. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .....with that, I excuse myself from futher conversation on this subject as I have a migrane from trying to get that picture etched in my mind out of there. Good luck to the Bruins today. Wish I could be there.

Friendly Foe: Thanks for setting me straight about private schools. I am glad that the students at USJ have done well in their studies and have been accepted to college. I can't explain your last comment.

Law&Order: USJ is a great team and I didn't think I had insulted their statistics, coach, tuition, or players. Their statistics are good, they have a great coach, and they are great players and I apologize if my remarks have been taken the wrong way.

My posts about this game are to generate interest and get more spectators to the game that otherwise would not have attended. Excuse me while I have to put a bandage on this nasty dog bite on my hand - I guess I need a longer stick.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 22 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826464481[/snapback]Excuse me while I have to put a bandage on this nasty dog bite on my hand - I guess I need a longer stick.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

No harm done PMan, have fun today. See ya! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(Solomon @ May 22 2007 - 07:29 AM) 826464439[/snapback]That's almost lauaghable considering your county of residence.

Yes, I live in Williamson Co, but I live in the edge of the county - almost in Marshall Co. I am far from rich and will be rolling up my change to afford to attend the state tournament.

QUOTE(Old Timer @ May 22 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826464476[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .....with that, I excuse myself from futher conversation on this subject as I have a migrane from trying to get that picture etched in my mind out of there. Good luck to the Bruins today. Wish I could be there.

Old Timer, if you are not listening on ESPN 96.5, feel free to call me for updates. I know you have my Cell # in your phone because you called me for a ride a couple of weekends ago when you were having a little vehicle trouble on Pleasant Plains Extended.

Go Bruins!!!

All the talk here has been fun, and at times scary, but what is said here really means nothing as the game is decided by the players. I assume that the USJ team is already here or on their way along with their supporters. I hope they have a safe journey. The Marshall supporters will also be there, but as most of them are working, the early start time will be difficult for them to make. I am sure they will be listening to WJJM - either on FM 94.3 or over the internet at wjjm.com. I will provide a report much later tonight and provide more commentary than usual to give more insight to the game. There should be information from the TSSAA about this game so check at TSSAA.org. I will also be attending the 2nd game at Smyrna of Marion Co. vs Gibbs to provide insight to their play as they will be the opponents for USJ and MC in tomorrow's games at Smyrna starting at 10 AM. Good luck to all the teams.

PageMan, you are a great supporter of high school athletics. I've seen you at several Volleyball Tourneys and in M'boro supporting both State Volleyball and Basketball Tourneys. Necvol started this thread to generate interest and help fans of both teams to glean info about the opposing team. It's been fun and I am one of many USJ fans that appreciate your enthusiasm for "THE GAMES". Be safe and see you in Smyrna!

Go Bruins!

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 22 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826464490[/snapback]Yes, I live in Williamson Co, but I live in the edge of the county - almost in Marshall Co. I am far from rich and will be rolling up my change to afford to attend the state tournament.

My premise is that I lived in Williamson County for two years and I know many people there that in the long run will spend much more than 6K a year so they will be in Williamson Co. for schools and not surrounding counties. Why? Because they know the schools are better and their kids (presumably) will get a better education.

Please tell me the difference in reasoning of any of these parents versus parents who choose to send their kids to USJ or any other private school? Because one is public and one is private? I am sure there are kids at Page under this concept because the southern end of Williamson Co. is currently growing so fast they don't know what to do with them.