Unaka and Richlands

corndogman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krispy Kreme Karl heard a rumor that one of Corndog Man's Unaka Rangers knocked one of the Harriman boys up in the sky sideways during Friday's Sectional game. Krispy Kreme Karl also heard that the Rangers are big and buff, and have a lot of power. Krispy Kreme Karl has seen Richlands play and Krispy Kreme Karl thinks that they will knock the cover off the ball. Krispy Kreme Karl is getting hungry. Krispy Kreme Karl is going to go eat some donuts. Speaking of donuts, Krispy Kreme Karl heard that Unaka's coach likes to eat. Krispy Kreme Karl will bring Unaka's coach some donuts Wednesday.

To be sure it's: YOU - - - NAAAAA - - - KUH

Our guys are leaving tomorrow at around 11 AM Eastern, with Rosters and plenty-a-Moonshine!

Look for the Silver Limousine, or ask for C. Y., Tim, or possibly even me, Kim.

Oh, never mind; just got word we're outta moonshine. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

QUOTE(krichunaka @ May 20 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826463826[/snapback]To be sure it's: YOU - - - NAAAAA - - - KUH

Our guys are leaving tomorrow at around 11 AM Eastern, with Rosters and plenty-a-Moonshine!

Look for the Silver Limousine, or ask for C. Y., Tim, or possibly even me, Kim.

Oh, never mind; just got word we're outta moonshine. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

You can stop in Cookeville and get more 'shine...

But if you have a dog as a team mascot, make sure you keep him in the bus....

QUOTE(cartercountysports @ May 21 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826464138[/snapback]Will this be archived to listen to later? or saved for a possible purchase of the CD?

The radio station normally does not archive the broadcast, send them an e-mail, they may work something out for you.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 20 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826463343[/snapback]Nope - the only way you can get two games out of your #1 is start him on Tuesday and then championship game on Friday on 2 days rest - see Mike Minor, Drew Hayes and Rob Catapano for last year for examples of kids doing just that and doing it well... Just a shame they have to.... Would be nice if it was Tuesday and then Saturday...

I totally disagree. I think the games should be closer together so a team can't ride one pitcher.

From seeing the game I can honestly say we got outplayed and competed in every aspect. And for someone to say it was pitching I will disagree. The pitching was solid for 3 in a half innings. 2 outs 0-0 routine fly ball is hit to right field and we dont catch it then the results you seen today are expected. If you are going to compete at this level then errors and I mean routine errors we are making are uneceptable and until we figure out how to make adjustments not only in the field but at the plate we are going get the same results.

And I do agree the pitcher was left out on the mound entirely to long. When you let a kid stan out there for 4 innings and encounter 15 hits and keep a kid in the bullpen for 2 innings strait and not make a move it really gets you thinking what the coaches are trying accomplish. You know the game is out of hand in the 4th and we are not putting the bat on the ball why not bring in your guy from the bullpen and save your starter for the next day in relief?

Another thing is our kids dont know the meaning of competing it all boils down to we have not faced any competition in the past 4 games to get to where we are and play a solid team like Richlands and get 3 runs scored on you and just fold the deck. We have some kids who seem to lack dicapline who are uncoachable and have no clue on how to compete.

And I agree we are a young team but if anyone had noticed we was playing a young team as well. We just got outcompeted on defense and at the plate plain and simple.

At the plate we are flagging at the baseball swinging at bad pitches and not giving ourselves chances to score runs. And when players are not producing at the plate and on the field you have to make adjustments I dont care if your a freshman sophmore junior or senior you have to make a point and make kids earn their spots and if they are not going to show good results bring another player in because there are two or three who is on the bench that could make a big difference at the plate we just dont seem to know how to make adjustments.

Crazyness I dont believe we have an ace at the moment just for the fact we have been facing medioccur teams up until this point and it showed today and thats not the kids fault I mean not only is district 2 week but region 2 is week as well for the exception of Rockwood and you saw what happened to them today.

Bottom line we are going to expect to win games down here we are going to have to start hitting the baseball know how to advance runners and make routine plays in the field and back up our pitching because you can expect to win baseball games against this type of competition playing the way we played today.

I believe Unaka will play Friendship Christain at 10:00 a.m tomorrow morning in the losers bracket elimination game good luck to Unaka and hopefully we can bring an A+ type of game.

Yes and NO

I agree greatly, but what is the problem... It starts in day one of practice. Players talking back to coaches shows no respect for the coach. Would Dale Colbaugh or Perry Rambo raised their voice to Claude Holtsclaw NOOOPPEE. Holtsclaw not only would have threw them from the team but probably would have taken his belt off and wore them out, the CW (Perrys Dad) would have finished the chore when Perry got home. RESPECT not only to the coach but to the game. You MUST want to play the game, love the game and be a part of the team. You must adjust to the pitching, the umpiring the weather conditions, etc etc... Was Carpenter left to long ...well maybe... but with players making errors in routine plays, throwing the ball over the field like the Bad News Bears, you cannot blame that on the pitcher.. But a pitcher gets dishearted when his teammates cannot back him up and this has happen all year for Carp. If I would have been Carp, I would have left the field on my own, Na as a Senior, I would probably kicked some of my own players tails.

Unaka is where they should be in the State Tournament, but is that what you are satisfied with??? To win games at this level it will take many many hours of practicing and players working on their own not just the couple of hours a day the coaches practice the team.... You must know the Game.. get books, read about the game.. Know the Rules,, UH didn't on third strike and it cost them (Something you should learn in Little League).. and Know what to do with the ball when it comes to you... Like the Boy Scouts Motto Be Prepared, and for Tuesday May 22, 2007 , Unaka was not prepared. My Blood runs Deep maroon, and the Rangers are loaded with Talent.. Like Arnold S. They'll be Back, but next time lets hope they are better prepared.

I agree you have to have players who want to play the game and have the ability to work on their own. You cant expect to be a good player coming to the field taking a couple rounds of infield and 1 round of batting practice and become a good player overnight. It takes a lot of hard work and I believe we have only a few kids that are willing to work and put in the extra time it takes to become not only a good baseball player but to become a good baseball team.

And I am like Deke Rivers not only does it not start the first day of practice but when the season is over and we have very few kids who are willing to sacrifice there summer to play baseball and make themselves better players.