Lexington Goes To The 'Boro!

mikey23

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mikey23 @ May 19 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826463224[/snapback]Who would have thought a team losing 13 seniors would have made a second consecutive trip to the 'Boro? What are yalls predictions on Lexington's chances of possibly winning it?

A bit young this year to win it IMO. Didn't draw a favorable team in round 1 either. I think they can make the top 4, but don't know if they can make the championship. But, then again, I thought they were all but guaranteed a title game spot last year too.

QUOTE(mikey23 @ May 20 2007 - 12:24 AM) 826463224[/snapback]Who would have thought a team losing 13 seniors would have made a second consecutive trip to the 'Boro? What are yalls predictions on Lexington's chances of possibly winning it?

I wish them the best of luck, there are a lot of good kids on that team. However, they will be lucky to reach the final four. The first draw is possibly one of the finalist. But then again, who knows, it's baseball. Good luck! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think the Big Red has a good chance of winning it. They do have a young team....but a team that's just good enough to give somebody a fit. They can hit the ball and cause a team to commit errors. And most of all the are really well coached.....Odle has done an exceptional job with this young crew and it looks like they've sold out to him. He is constantly coaching his team.

Even if they don't win it.....that's valuable experience for this young squad.

Get after'em Big Red!!!!

Best of luck to the Big Red! Just making the state tournament is quite an accomplishment, but 3 out of the last 6 years is even better, considering the road they had to travel each time. No gimmie wins along that road.

This year could be another sweep for West TN with Huntingdon or JCS in A, Lexington, USJ, or Dyer Co in AA, and Bartlett in AAA.

QUOTE(Solomon @ May 20 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826463290[/snapback]A bit young this year to win it IMO. Didn't draw a favorable team in round 1 either. I think they can make the top 4, but don't know if they can make the championship. But, then again, I thought they were all but guaranteed a title game spot last year too.

So did they.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ May 20 2007 - 09:57 AM) 826463335[/snapback]I think the Big Red has a good chance of winning it. They do have a young team....but a team that's just good enough to give somebody a fit. They can hit the ball and cause a team to commit errors. And most of all the are really well coached.....Odle has done an exceptional job with this young crew and it looks like they've sold out to him. He is constantly coaching his team.

Even if they don't win it.....that's valuable experience for this young squad.

Get after'em Big Red!!!!

What happened to the coach that was there last year?

IMO Terry Odle should be coach of the year and this team should be very proud of themselves. He's had the head coaching duties less than a year,they lost 13 seniors (at least 5 are playing at the next level), and theylost 2 10-0 pitchers. This was supposed to be a down year, and somehow they made it back to the final 8.

Russel Rich should be hands down the Jackson Sun Comeback Play of the Year. After a year out of baseball, he goes 8-0 on the mound and dominates at the plate too. He gathered all district, all region, and all tournament honors along the way also.