Best Goodpasture Team In The Last 5 Years...

idiotface31

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people say the 04 because they were state champions, but the two best teams there in school history did not win a championship that season

2003 and 1996 ... the 1996 team was loaded of 22 players on the roster 17 played college baseball for atleast a season .... also the 2000 team was pretty good too

QUOTE(idiotface31 @ May 24 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826465916[/snapback]With Goodpasture making its record 5th straight state tournament appearance, how do you think this team stacks up against the 4 previous ones? Here's what I think...

1. 2004

2. 2005

3. 2007

4. 2003

5. 2006

Got to agree. The 2004 team.

QUOTE(idiotface31 @ May 24 2007 - 09:35 AM) 826465916[/snapback]With Goodpasture making its record 5th straight state tournament appearance, how do you think this team stacks up against the 4 previous ones? Here's what I think...

1. 2004

2. 2005

3. 2007

4. 2003

5. 2006

1. 2004

2. 2005

3. 2007

4. 2003

5. 2006

USJ is currently in it's 7th consecutive State Tourney!!! 5 consecutive for Goodpasture may be a Team Record but it is not the State Record!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(highheat @ May 24 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826465972[/snapback]USJ is currently in it's 7th consecutive State Tourney!!! 5 consecutive for Goodpasture may be a Team Record but it is not the State Record!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

and USJ has how many titles 3 (would say 4 .. but you had to forfeit that last one)...... btw this is GP's 11th trip just USJ 9th ... 5 state titles for GP as well ...

so USJ you might have 7 in a row ..... but you dont have the tradition that GP does .... GP went the state tournament 6 times when just 4 teams made it ... 5 since the new expanding formate that allows 8

but since 2000 ..... you guys have been building your own tradition and this rivalary is turning into a good one

QUOTE(VeerCoach @ May 24 2007 - 11:35 AM) 826466018[/snapback]and USJ has how many titles 3 (would say 4 .. but you had to forfeit that last one)...... btw this is GP's 11th trip just USJ 9th ... 5 state titles for GP as well ...

so USJ you might have 7 in a row ..... but you dont have the tradition that GP does .... GP went the state tournament 6 times when just 4 teams made it ... 5 since the new expanding formate that allows 8

but since 2000 ..... you guys have been building your own tradition and this rivalary is turning into a good one

Anything can happen is baseball but I would almost bet a week's pay that USJ will be in the next 3 and probably 4 State Tournaments. The Bruins haven't lost this one yet and by the end of this decade, I predict, USJ will overtake Goodpasture in all the categories you mention above. Lots of very young talent on this USJ team and several more in the pipeline!!!

The rivalry between USJ and Goodpasture will only intensify over the next few years.

QUOTE(highheat @ May 24 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826466036[/snapback]Anything can happen is baseball but I would almost bet a week's pay that USJ will be in the next 3 and probably 4 State Tournaments. The Bruins haven't lost this one yet and by the end of this decade, I predict, USJ will overtake Goodpasture in all the categories you mention above. Lots of very young talent on this USJ team and several more in the pipeline!!!

The rivalry between USJ and Goodpasture will only intensify over the next few years.

I will totally agree it will intensify over the rest of the decade ....in 2004 benches cleared, this year GP hits a 3-run walk off homer to beat USJ by rallying from 8-6 down to win 11-8

QUOTE(highheat @ May 24 2007 - 12:00 PM) 826466036[/snapback]Anything can happen is baseball but I would almost bet a week's pay that USJ will be in the next 3 and probably 4 State Tournaments. The Bruins haven't lost this one yet and by the end of this decade, I predict, USJ will overtake Goodpasture in all the categories you mention above. Lots of very young talent on this USJ team and several more in the pipeline!!!

I really look forward to that. This is a good Rivalry between two very good teams.

Both teams have current and young talent as well.

It can only get better with time.