CAK vs Hume Fogg predictions

footfairy10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hume Fogg, wow all I can really say is how much fun it was to watch you all play this year. It was probably one of the best times I have ever had as a fan. One thing is certain, nothing, and I mean nothing was GIVEN to you guys throughout the year.

You guys overcame the following

1) Coaching - You have been through multiple coaches throughout your career, and whose to say you were really coached this year.

2) Field - Of course you dont have your own field and are forced to play on a Middle School Field.

3) Soccer Balls - You guys couldnt even get team shirts, because that money had to go to soccer balls that were misplaced.

4) Players - Wow, lets be real, only like 7 of the players play soccer for real. 3 of the main senior starters didnt even play last year for different reasons. One hadnt played soccer in four years. But its all about heart and desire.

5) Scholarships - Zero Players playing in college.

6) And you certainly were not given a U17 National Team Player.

But most importantly

7) Respect - Nobody gave this team a chance to even beat Notre Dame let alone even stay within 3 goals of CAK (Aside from Hume Fogg supporters and BigG), but you guys didnt care what they had to say.

This group shows that just Ballin does work, but youve got to have the heart and desire.

But you guys had so much heart and did not care about these people and what they had to say. You had to TAKE everything this year, and TAKE you did. The heart that you guys showed was unreal, and hopefully the memories will last a lifetime. You were basically the black sheep of this tournament and came oh so close to winning it all.

Neal Baltuth - Most heart and desire I have seen in a while. I know you will take the memories with you. The goal vs Notre Dame was the most exciting thing I have ever seen. I know how much it means to you. Also the goal in the Championship.....Tell them to get big or go home and then you score, amazing. And you didnt even play the majority of the season last year. Still scoring on people out there. Best right foot in the state....haha.

Sam DeVault - One of the more unappreciated players in the State. People were talking about this Iron Curtain for CAK, but going into that final game you guys had allowed zero goals as well. Its amazing that I have never seen your name mentioned on these boards, yet you are no doubt one of the states best defenders. Not to mention you had like 9 goals this year.

Travis Jenkins - The goal vs Westview was awesome as you went through the defenders like they were not even there. You did that alot this year. And I really thought you had that goal in the beginning of the 2nd half vs CAK. Your footwork and speed with the ball are up there with the best of the state. You really did your thing this year. If you went to a soccer powerhouse your name would have been thrown around everywhere when people mentioned the best in the state....But, you only went to Hume Fogg. Who nobody seemed to care about.

Seth Davis - Everbody was talking about Dean Myers ankle, but really what about yours. I bet it was 10 times worse, but you went out and played and did your thing. And you didnt even play last year. That corner in the 2nd half was so on point and almost led to a goal. I know that you will cherish these memories. The stand in the final seconds vs Notre Dame, taking that shot to the face. You wanted that more than them. And I know you mark, especially when your tired.....haha.

Zach Woods - The basketball player that just decided to play soccer this year. Hadn't played in 4 years, and tore his MCL real early in the season....Haha Im sure CAK and all these other private schools had people like this starting for their team....Not....Unreal what you did out there and to come up with the seeing eyes throughball for Neal vs Notre Dame to get the assist......You deserved it after that basketball season....And we still got hype after the Yellow....

Wilson Forrester - Best keeper in the A/AA State Tournament "PERIOD".

Hunter Allen - When you got a chance to play your half, you did awesome....Dont let the lack of PT get you down....You would have started for most these teams in goal.

Justin Williams - You got better and better as the season progressed, and were key in shutting down some big players.

Travis H, D Justice, J Justice - Great defense throughout the season and especially in the tournaments.

Grant, Steven, Hunter, Daniel, - Amazing work throughout the season.

Loved every second of it. And Im sure you guys did too. Hopefully you guys took/earned some respect from people for this. But if not, forget them anyway, because you deserve all the respect in the world.

QUOTE(reaction @ May 26 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826467457[/snapback]This isn't USJ. USJ was obviously overrated. Everyone has gave Hume Fogg plenty of credit for making it to the title game. They are just playing a great team that is very capable of putting this away early if they play to there potential.

i wasnt saying CAK was USJ I realize they are better, they made it to the state tournament. I was trying to remind everyone that they can be wrong that they overrated USJ and may be underestimating hume fogg. Simple comparison to show that you guys can be broken. Well all the hume fogg players knew we could make it a game.

what a low blow UGArocks. have a little class and represent your self a little better than this. Im going to be the bigger man and say congradulations to whomever you are on a great season and hope you have a even better season next year. and to all hume fogg players, gonna miss all the seniors and i was so happy to be apart of such a great year. and who is hschoolfan101?

i just think its is lame that someone is gonna try to talk trask behind a computer screen. if you had a problem with us, then you should have handled it on the field. but you didn't when it came down to the region championship. and they you preceded to get knocked out in the first round of state. congrats

QUOTE(volball625 @ May 27 2007 - 07:17 PM) 826468194[/snapback]i just think its is lame that someone is gonna try to talk trask behind a computer screen.

I agree. This happens every year after the finals are done.

Show some class, guys.

Hume Fogg... great game (I am actually watching it now). Neal, I hope your dad is doing better. We will keep him in our prayers.

It is too much of a pain to go back and delete individual posts, so I am just going to close the thread. Good luck coach Allen and to the H.F. players, and we hope to see you next season.