Bearden v Farragut State Finals

defaultuser

I'm not sure this was the best game ever but is surely near the top of the list. All this talk about obscene gestures and arguement among the fans is rediculous. What did you guys expect? When two rivals play each other in the state championship game there will be trouble. It's a given.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(UPSGregg @ May 27 2007 - 02:46 PM) 826468063[/snapback]All this talk about obscene gestures and arguement among the fans is rediculous. What did you guys expect? When two rivals play each other in the state championship game there will be trouble. It's a given.

That is what I was thinking, but honestly though, a parent talking trash to a high school student and giving "gestures". Now that is ridiculous. What makes it funnny though, is that Bearden people think they are so much better than Farragut people. By better I mean like, not snobby, rude, or selfish(I am not saying that Farragut people are these things, but when Bearden people claim their greatness they give these as examples of why they are better than Farragut).

I was at the game and yes that Bearden forward with long blonde hair (#3) I found extremely annoying. It was really funny when he got fouled and got up like he was going to do something. Haha he would've gotten killed it was great. He also runs really goofy. lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ May 27 2007 - 02:06 PM) 826468044[/snapback]You wanna talk about classless?? Talk about your wife flicking off an 18 year old high school student and telling them to F off.... it looks like somebody is a little upset that their team lost. And for you what gives you any right to come on here and talk about ben like that? he is one of the top players in the state and he yes did get a little heated out there, but you have no right to get on coacht and bash him like that. word on the street is he has a good chance of starting his first year at western kentucky too. so quit talkin smack thats all you do... plus your like 60 get outta here....

First off...do you know me?? Second, I wasn't in the stands and rarely ever sit with anyone that I know...it keeps me calm. If it was my wife that you are talking about- there was a Farragut student who blew my youngest son a kiss, which lead to the usual jabber back and forth...you know like a soccer game usually has. After that, the student pulled up his shirt, rubbed and pulled his nipples, through his head back and acted like he was really enjoying himself. This lead to all kinds of name calling, throwing things, that student getting yelled at by another parent, the police being informed, blah, blah, blah. I have nothing to do with that crap- had I been in the stands to see this crap I would probably be in jail right now- that's why I usually go somewhere that I can just watch the game in peace. What I was referring to was Backstrom getting the ball taken away from him, then frantically running that player down and fouling him from behind....you could see it coming. He was called for the foul and Bearden given the kick. Then as he is running backwards, he takes his hands and cups them around his crouch and shakes his private area...not just 1 time but he kept doing it...long enough for the ref to give him a yellow card, which was his second. How often do you see a player ejected for something like that? So, sorry to mention something that I saw that was on the field, in a game (this is a post about soccer isn't it?) but it wasn't me who did it. I have given them credit where it is due- is he a very good player- yes and I have never said otherwise. Do I think he will make it in college- no. The kinds of things he does will get him injured, if he gets to play.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 27 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826468067[/snapback]That is what I was thinking, but honestly though, a parent talking trash to a high school student and giving "gestures". Now that is ridiculous. What makes it funnny though, is that Bearden people think they are so much better than Farragut people. By better I mean like, not snobby, rude, or selfish(I am not saying that Farragut people are these things, but when Bearden people claim their greatness they give these as examples of why they are better than Farragut).

I know what you mean about Bearden people seeming to think that way. My cousin went to Farragut and often said the same thing. I also noticed it when I watched Clarksville High play Bearden in the finals in 2002. To me those type of fans are common for schools from up scale areas but I noticed it more from Bearden fans. It's just a small minority though. Like with anything in life the few ruin it for the many. And like I said before...this is a rivalry so it comes out more then.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 27 2007 - 01:58 AM) 826467920[/snapback]BTW has anyone seen the picture that will be in the paper tomorrow, atleast it is on the prepxtra website. I think it is a little weird looking, but considering the circumstances it is alright.

If by circumstances you mean the degree to which farragut's #14 dominated the left side of the field, than yes, it is alright. i love andrew moser.

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 27 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826468084[/snapback]I was at the game and yes that Bearden forward with long blonde hair (#3) I found extremely annoying. It was really funny when he got fouled and got up like he was going to do something. Haha he would've gotten killed it was great. He also runs really goofy. lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was talking about a fan not a player..

And Carlos I was meaning the picture that had Beuerlein hugging Moser. It looked like Beuerlein was about to kiss him, and the circumstance that made it not seem so weird was that he just won the game for them.

And UPSgregg, you are right. It is a minority. Pretty much every school or community has them, even Farragut.

QUOTE(defaultuser @ May 27 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826468143[/snapback]I wasn't playing in that game. I was in the stands.

Ok, but I was talking about the long blonde haired fan for Bearden, not player. You said, "..yes that Bearden forward with long blonde hair (#3) I found extremely annoying." When you mentioned that he had blonde hair I was assuming you were referring to my comment when I said "Did you think the Bearden kid with long blondeish hair was annoying?". Sorry I didn't make it perfectly clear.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 27 2007 - 03:31 PM) 826468133[/snapback]And Carlos I was meaning the picture that had Beuerlein hugging Moser. It looked like Beuerlein was about to kiss him, and the circumstance that made it not seem so weird was that he just won the game for them.

haha of course, my apologies; I was kidding actually and i dont think that was clear at all, but your comment makes much more sense now, i just saw "weird picture" and thought of the faces on the picture with show' and beltran

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ May 26 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826467825[/snapback]The worst part of it was watching Backstrom and his "obscene gesture". I have never seen such a no-class act in front of that many people. It was pathetic and I am embarrassed for the whole Farragut team. They earned the win in that game, and their entire team didn't need that type of display!! I have lost any respect for that kid and with that attitude and lack of poise, I do not think he will ever make it at the College level.

A hugh congat's to the Farragut team...especially for getting through the injuries earlier in the season and putting it all together!!

Does it not show some lack of "class" to bash a kid on a public forum? Granted, he made a mistake, but do not assume that he doesn't know this. I doubt anyone not on the field can even pretend to feel the emotions of a player on the field in that type of game; it was unlike any other contest i've been a part of. My point is that it requires much less "class" to attack a boy for making a rash decision at an emotional time than whatever amount of "class" you allot to the person who actually made that mistake, even after you make your superficial judgements of character that can only be described as ignorant. Please also understand that your congratulations fall upon deaf ears; we all take offense when you attack one of our own.

QUOTE(CREE @ May 27 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826467947[/snapback]Does anyoe know if the match will be for sale?? When the Spring Fling was in Memphis, there were flyers for participants to purchase copies of matches. I would say that there are hundreds of us who could not make it that would LOVE to purchase a copy of what could be called "the greatest AAA final".

Please share if you have any info.

I taped the game with my Sony HDV camera - Congrats to Farragut and Bearden. We watched the game today and it was truly amazing. After reading the posts today, some folks might be surprised if they were to see a replay.