Forrest VS FCS

29sdad

QUOTE(jmoses @ May 25 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826467295[/snapback]There was a thread earlier this year that explained everything I don't really remember the how's or why's. So little ole Forrest gets a girl from a school that drops her sport and smells fishy..... How many girls TSC and FCS go on scholarships.... but thats another thread.

How do you tranfer out of county and not sit out a year, disbanded or not?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jmoses @ May 25 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826467295[/snapback]There was a thread earlier this year that explained everything I don't really remember the how's or why's. So little ole Forrest gets a girl from a school that drops her sport and smells fishy..... How many girls at TSC and FCS go on scholarships or the nice mystery benefactor pays the bills.... but thats another thread.

most FCS players have been at FCS since at least 6th grade... and as we all know that is when the Softball talent really starts to break out on the playground. So FCS just went to some local middle school programs and saw the immense level of talent these 6th graders have and just stole them away... you caught us.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 25 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826467313[/snapback]most FCS players have been at FCS since at least 6th grade... and as we all know that is when the Softball talent really starts to break out on the playground. So FCS just went to some local middle school programs and saw the immense level of talent these 6th graders have and just stole them away... you caught us.

I'm glad we got that one figured out, now if someone can tell me who TSC is?

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 25 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826467313[/snapback]most FCS players have been at FCS since at least 6th grade... and as we all know that is when the Softball talent really starts to break out on the playground. So FCS just went to some local middle school programs and saw the immense level of talent these 6th graders have and just stole them away... you caught us.

You think that is funny but that is what a lot of privates do just to make this argument. And that is a fact I know because I work with two fathers of kids that tuition was paid for by someone else and guess what? they were 6th graders....... I don't work with that many people and to personally know two... there must be a lot of this going on. It's easy to see who the athletes are and who the future musicians and top students are by 6th grade. Draft good athletes give them good coaching through middle school and you set up a good team. I'm tired of this public private thing and I really believe some parents at the privates don't know about some of the things done but I've been around this for years and I know what I know. The original question I asked was how many of the players pay their own tuition not when someone else started paying it.

QUOTE(jmoses @ May 26 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826467467[/snapback]You think that is funny but that is what a lot of privates do just to make this argument. And that is a fact I know because I work with two fathers of kids that tuition was paid for by someone else and guess what? they were 6th graders....... I don't work with that many people and to personally know two... there must be a lot of this going on. It's easy to see who the athletes are and who the future musicians and top students are by 6th grade. Draft good athletes give them good coaching through middle school and you set up a good team. I'm tired of this public private thing and I really believe some parents at the privates don't know about some of the things done but I've been around this for years and I know what I know. The original question I asked was how many of the players pay their own tuition not when someone else started paying it.

There is a reason that so many people make this argument, because unless we all believe the water-tight and ironclad story of you working with two dads whose kid was paid for, then it is a pretty hard argument to make. Yes i agree that you can tell some kids are good and some kids are not, but how do you then explain how public schools end up with any good athletes?? are there just some parents who are proud enough to say "no i will not give my child to a snoody private school.

For someone who doesn't enjoy the public/private debate i am curious as to why you decided to try and punch holes in the logic that most players have always been at the private schools, clearly you knew it would keep the debate on this board going... As for you "knowing what you know" i cannot argue that. Of course i can believe and think and "know" with all my heart that the movie JAWS was real, doesn't make it true.

Well considering it is illegal for anyone to have their tuition payed by anyone other than their parents/legal gardian that you are suggestion that the school gives the parents a check which is then returned to the school as "payment". If that is the question i can honestly say none that i know of from FCS are having this particular treatment. the Truth with FCS is that they have been to the state tournament at least a dozen times, even without winning it they will still attract good softball players the same way that good football players flock to the Alcoa/Marryville area.

Your statement is correct that the private schools "attract good players", because good athletes have that option of going to a private school if they can afford it if the public school they are zoned for is not that good in sports. The ones of us in public schools have to field a team from kids that are zoned for our school and then try and be as competitive as we can. Public and Private schools will never be equal, just look at the winners from this years state in baseball and softball isn't the only public schools that won in AAA where the schools are split up. When is the last time a public school won the state in A.

Whether Private schools offer scholarships or not they can still "recruit good players" just by being strong year in and year out. The coach doesn't actually have to go recruit players they will come to you from out of zone if your school has a reputation of winning state championships. You may have had your players since 6th grade but if a parent can afford it and you know by that grade if your child is pretty strong in a sport or not then you will get them at the school that is going to be strong. For the parents in rural areas and can not afford private schools they can only hope that their child comes through school with a good group of athletes and can be competitive. They are not fortunate enough to have the luxury of getting good athletes from other areas such as private schools can do.

So the debate of public/private will continue until something is done because it will not be equal until then for public schools and I don't care what the argument is from the private side.

I think that some people do not argue against privates beating publics. They argue against a private beating their team. You will probobly say that you could care less That a public won 1A football last year, and a public won 1A basketball last year... and a Public won 1A baseball last year. You will not care about those facts. I have a hunch that your oppinion on this matter is nothing more than a mentalitly of "i don't care about any other facts, until the school i support or send my child to is able to win state i will find something wrong with the team that won." If TCA lost i doubt that there would be a single person on this board arguing that Forrest had a shortstop that there is some controversy around, but because TCA won you see people saying they shouldn't be allowed to play because they are a private.

Pigpen, the fact that in your own words you don't care at all what a private school supporter might say only serves to prove that you are not only one sided and biased, but that you are also hard headed and increadibly stubborn... Thank goodness that there is at least some public supporters who can share ideas instead of resorting to the three year old notion of "I know i am right, i know you are wrong and nothing will ever change any of that" I can deal with people who are against private schools, but at least some of them have the ability to discuss things and exchange ideas...

There is a reason that so many people make this argument, because unless we all believe the water-tight and ironclad story of you working with two dads whose kid was paid for, then it is a pretty hard argument to make. Yes i agree that you can tell some kids are good and some kids are not, but how do you then explain how public schools end up with any good athletes?? are there just some parents who are proud enough to say "no i will not give my child to a snoody private school.

I don't hide behind some cute handle, everyone knows who I am and I'm respected as a straight shooter. The only reason I don't give you the names and schools because it would hurt the kids getting a good education and better shot at a college scholarship. And I never called Privates snoody and the reason we get fine players here in Chapel Hill is the great support from the parents and the Lions Club along with the whole Chapel Hill Area businesses. Few small A schools have that support. It also helps there are no privates that close to us. Honestly the fathers I know at work would be dumb not to take the offers because it was good for their kids but that doesn't change that it happens........Their are far more publics than privates in A, What are the odds that at least one would win a State Championship, It's very rare for a public to even make it to a championship game let alone win it, Forrest has done it twice and against all odds might just win it someday.

Your,

Water-Tight and Ironclad

James Moses

I don't hide behind some cute handle, everyone knows who I am and I'm respected as a straight shooter. The only reason I don't give you the names and schools because it would hurt the kids getting a good education and better shot at a college scholarship. And I never called Privates snoody and the reason we get fine players here in Chapel Hill is the great support from the parents and the Lions Club along with the whole Chapel Hill Area businesses. Few small A schools have that support. It also helps there are no privates that close to us. Honestly the fathers I know at work would be dumb not to take the offers because it was good for their kids but that doesn't change that it happens........Their are far more publics than privates in A, What are the odds that at least one would win a State Championship, It's very rare for a public to even make it to a championship game let alone win it, Forrest has done it twice and against all odds might just win it someday.

Your,

Water-Tight and Ironclad

James Moses

You go, Jim!!

QUOTE(doorbell @ May 25 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826467041[/snapback]I did not get to go but heard it was a great game after the first inning, 2 to 2 ball game I hear that Forrest has a great team.

But I have a Question did forrest short stop play this year at collieoka (spelling)?

I heard she transfered to forrest and put a relative address, but still live with her mom in the colleoka area?

Culleoka did not have enough players to field a softball team for the 2007 season. Any Culleoka student wanting to play softball was allowed to transfer to Central HS. Forrest's shortstop presently resides in Maury County, has all year, and attends HS in Marshall County at Forrest. The only important question here is did/do the coach(es) know?

QUOTE(midtnsportsfan @ May 27 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826468013[/snapback]Culleoka did not have enough players to field a softball team for the 2007 season. Any Culleoka student wanting to play softball was allowed to transfer to Central HS. Forrest's shortstop presently resides in Maury County, has all year, and attends HS in Marshall County at Forrest. The only important question here is did/do the coach(es) know?

How does a BGA fan like you KNOW everything about this young lady? She isn't 5'11" 175#'s hitting 600 with 20 home runs. She's a nice girl and good player but not key to Forrests team. She was given a raw deal at Culleoka and transfered to Forrest. We took her in as one of the Lady Rockets if you have any thing to back up your claims prove it, bring up charges or shut up.