Forrest VS FCS

29sdad

QUOTE(jmoses @ May 27 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826468059[/snapback]How does a BGA fan like you KNOW everything about this young lady? She isn't 5'11" 175#'s hitting 600 with 20 home runs. She's a nice girl and good player but not key to Forrests team. She was given a raw deal at Culleoka and transfered to Forrest. We took her in as one of the Lady Rockets if you have any thing to back up your claims prove it, bring up charges or shut up.

TSSAA Eligibility

· Athletes must live at home with their parents.

· In order for a transfer student with an athletic record to be eligible at another school there must be a bona fide change of residence by the athlete's parents.

· All transfer students must be approved by the Executive Director of TSSAA before participating in any game.

· A student who engages in three or more days of practice - including spring practice - with a high school in which he or she is enrolled shall be ineligible in that sport for 12 months if the student enrolls in another school without a corresponding change in the residence of his or her parents.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jmoses @ May 27 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826468059[/snapback]How does a BGA fan like you KNOW everything about this young lady? She isn't 5'11" 175#'s hitting 600 with 20 home runs. She's a nice girl and good player but not key to Forrests team. She was given a raw deal at Culleoka and transfered to Forrest. We took her in as one of the Lady Rockets if you have any thing to back up your claims prove it, bring up charges or shut up.

She wasn't a factor at all, she only batted .286 with 4 RBI and a HR in 5 games in the state tournament.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 26 2007 - 10:29 PM) 826467845[/snapback]There is a reason that so many people make this argument, because unless we all believe the water-tight and ironclad story of you working with two dads whose kid was paid for, then it is a pretty hard argument to make. Yes i agree that you can tell some kids are good and some kids are not, but how do you then explain how public schools end up with any good athletes?? are there just some parents who are proud enough to say "no i will not give my child to a snoody private school.

For someone who doesn't enjoy the public/private debate i am curious as to why you decided to try and punch holes in the logic that most players have always been at the private schools, clearly you knew it would keep the debate on this board going... As for you "knowing what you know" i cannot argue that. Of course i can believe and think and "know" with all my heart that the movie JAWS was real, doesn't make it true.

Well considering it is illegal for anyone to have their tuition payed by anyone other than their parents/legal gardian that you are suggestion that the school gives the parents a check which is then returned to the school as "payment". If that is the question i can honestly say none that i know of from FCS are having this particular treatment. the Truth with FCS is that they have been to the state tournament at least a dozen times, even without winning it they will still attract good softball players the same way that good football players flock to the Alcoa/Marryville area.

The fact that the private school supporters who are given every advantage in the world because they are not bound by location or zones when fielding a team would whine about one kid on one public school team is unbelievable! Please remember this child COULDN'T play at Culleoka so she was allowed to play somewhere else. The fact that you people want to come on here and cry about it amazes me! She's a young lady trying to enjoy high school and loves the game that we all claim to love. Take care of your team, quit your whining and play ball!.......

I'm not quite sure why I'm even posting this because people are always gonna feel one way or another, but I felt I needed to on behalf of my old school. I know you probably won't believe me on this, but I can say without a doubt that no girl that plays softball at Trinity is having their school paid for. If that was the case, someone should have told my mom, dad, aunt, and uncle not to struggle to put me, my sister, and my two cousins through school there. All three girls have played softball there, and all three put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it. My sister and cousin had to endure many one and three win seasons when they played there. They struggled to even put a team on the field back then in 1997. Now 10 years later, my younger cousin, who has been there since Kindergarten and has come up with a lot of wonderful girls and athletes, is reaping the success of hard work and dedication. I know right now that it hurts to lose, but I give all the credit in the world to the Forrest softball team. They battled every game in the tournament, and they did a tremendous job. To say that another team won unfairly is taking credit away from them. If Trinity was recruiting their kids in, then they are not doing that great of a job because Forrest was right there with them. There was an article written this past week or so about Ivy and Ellen Renfroe in the Jackson Sun. There's a quote in there from her dad saying he didn't even realize TCA had a softball program when he started working there. I know that it seems like privates always win, but it could just have easily been Forrest this year, as it could be next year. I just think it's unfair to make generalizations about all privates, as it is to lump all publics. Everyone of the girls from Trinity live in Jackson. And for the record:

SS Ellen Renfroe 4th grade

3B Brittney Yates Kindergarten

C Katie Henderson Kindergarten

P Ivy Renfroe 5th Grade

RF Shelby Cummings 8th Grade

2B Ali Bozza Kindergarten

CF Olivia Wilson 9th Grade

1B Hailey Elliott 9th Grade

DH Natalie Nelson 8th Grade

PR/DH Amy Johnson Kindergarten

Those were the players that played in the championship game. 6 of them started there in elementary school, 2 in middle school, and two in high school. Like I said I know some people won't agree with me, but if you take a closer look at the situation, then you'll see that some cases are just exceptions to the rule.

P.S. Cascade11 I think they are just trying to prove a point, but I also believe what you said can go for everyone: "She's a young lady trying to enjoy high school and loves the game that we all claim to love. Take care of your team, quit your whining and play ball!......."

QUOTE(sftlvr1 @ May 28 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826468574[/snapback]Transfer rules apply to everyone don't they... This will be interesting

You can believe that Coach Becky Cheatham had all the proverbial "ducks in a row" before the player ever set foot on her field. She is a very smart lady along with being Guidance Councilor and wouldn't risk her team by playing an ineligible player.

QUOTE(LovethoseRockets @ May 29 2007 - 02:19 PM) 826468780[/snapback]You can believe that Coach Becky Cheatham had all the proverbial "ducks in a row" before the player ever set foot on her field. She is a very smart lady along with being Guidance Councilor and wouldn't risk her team by playing an ineligible player.

TSSAA rules apply to Becky just like they do to everyone else... Or do they?

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 29 2007 - 06:41 AM) 826468664[/snapback]The fact that the private school supporters who are given every advantage in the world because they are not bound by location or zones when fielding a team would whine about one kid on one public school team is unbelievable! Please remember this child COULDN'T play at Culleoka so she was allowed to play somewhere else. The fact that you people want to come on here and cry about it amazes me! She's a young lady trying to enjoy high school and loves the game that we all claim to love. Take care of your team, quit your whining and play ball!.......

Cascade11 this is not a private school/public school debate. This is just simply right or wrong, public school or private school. I only know what I have read on this forum, I don't have a dog in the race. But, if the girl in question played high school softball for Culleoka last year and she tranfered to Forrest this year and she did not move to Chapel Hill she should be ineligible. It doesn't matter how much she is trying to enjoy high school or how much she was done wrong by Culleoka dropping softball this year. I was in the same situation myself back several years ago. I transfered from one school to another and I had to sit out one calender year. I wanted to enjoy my high school as well but I had to do it with one less year of eligibility. It doesn't matter if she is tranferring from Culleoka to Forrest or from Forrest to FCS it has to be done within the TSSAA rules. Like your claim, I love this game as well. I would only want to get beat by teams playing by the same rules as me. If I was a Cascade fan and I had finished second in my district behind a team that had an ineligible player I would be wanting someone to step in and penalize the offending team public or private.

QUOTE(sftlvr1 @ May 29 2007 - 09:00 PM) 826468870[/snapback]TSSAA rules apply to Becky just like they do to everyone else... Or do they?

You keep asking the question. Ask the TSSAA then sit down and shut up. The girl was eligible. Get over it.

QUOTE(Lady DawgDad @ May 29 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826468935[/snapback]Cascade11 this is not a private school/public school debate. This is just simply right or wrong, public school or private school. I only know what I have read on this forum, I don't have a dog in the race. But, if the girl in question played high school softball for Culleoka last year and she tranfered to Forrest this year and she did not move to Chapel Hill she should be ineligible. It doesn't matter how much she is trying to enjoy high school or how much she was done wrong by Culleoka dropping softball this year. I was in the same situation myself back several years ago. I transfered from one school to another and I had to sit out one calender year. I wanted to enjoy my high school as well but I had to do it with one less year of eligibility. It doesn't matter if she is tranferring from Culleoka to Forrest or from Forrest to FCS it has to be done within the TSSAA rules. Like your claim, I love this game as well. I would only want to get beat by teams playing by the same rules as me. If I was a Cascade fan and I had finished second in my district behind a team that had an ineligible player I would be wanting someone to step in and penalize the offending team public or private.

I guess that is the difference between you and I. Forrest didn't win our district, make the state, and finish runner up to a strong TCA because they had an alleged illegal player. They went that far because they are well coached, have several strong players, have excellent pitching, are well-funded, and have a community that is behind them whole-heartedly. What got me so worked up about the initial accusations is that a couple of FCS fans are taking away from what these girls and coaches accomplished this season by whining about one players legality. Instead of coming on here and tainting these girls, why don't you contact TSSAA and report them? It serves no good purpose to get on these boards and belittle everything that team did this season. Is it so hard these days to except the fact that the other team just might of been better without trying to pick apart the reasons you lost? I don't know how we can expect our kids to grow up and act like mature adults when we aren't setting a better example. I love to win just as much as the next person, but I'm going to pat him on the back and tell him good game when I feel I did all I could do and it wasn't enough.

As for us Cascade fans wanting the TSSAA to step in and punish them, if one illegal infielder caused us to lose to them by an average of over 6 runs each meeting, then that girl has a very bright future! I can assure you as a Tennessee fan, the win we were given over Alabama when they had to forfeit the entire season in the 90's wasn't even on the radar compared to the win we got when Peyton Manning beat them! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />