Why do the Knoxville teams make it to the finals more

rebelj

I know the teams in Middle Tennessee are good, but are the couple in Knoxville that much better?

It seems like (almost every year) the AAA Knoxville teams make it to the final. I know Brentwood won recently, but it seems like the Knoxville teams have dominated the 2000s

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(reaction @ May 25 2007 - 02:10 PM) 826467028[/snapback]A lot of talent, great coaching, dedication. I'm sure all of those have something to do with it. I could go on with reasons, but I'm too lazy right now.

Every year all I here about is Farragut Bearden, Farragut Bearden.

I hope Brentwood with all of those returning seniors wins it next year and I think they will

It wasn't always this way. When I first started paying attention I think Memphis, Nashville and Chattanooga were pretty much ahead of Knoxville. Two changes in the last 10 years or so stand out in Knoxville. First, two or three really good clubs developed where there used to be just independant teams. Nike Impact , Smoky Mountain and KFC have all become pretty respectable state-wide. Second, several of the schools got soccer people to coach soccer teams rather than continuing to give the coaching stipend to a needy assistant football or basketball coach the way it had been done for years. Bearden, Farragut, West, Oak Ridge, Catholic, CAK, Webb and several other competitive programs all have had soccer people coaching for all of the 2000's, and it shows.

QUOTE(Hoya @ May 25 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826467038[/snapback]It wasn't always this way. When I first started paying attention I think Memphis, Nashville and Chattanooga were pretty much ahead of Knoxville. Two changes in the last 10 years or so stand out in Knoxville. First, two or three really good clubs developed where there used to be just independant teams. Nike Impact , Smoky Mountain and KFC have all become pretty respectable state-wide. Second, several of the schools got soccer people to coach soccer teams rather than continuing to give the coaching stipend to a needy assistant football or basketball coach the way it had been done for years. Bearden, Farragut, West, Oak Ridge, Catholic, CAK, Webb and several other competitive programs all have had soccer people coaching for all of the 2000's, and it shows.

Good Points!

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 25 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826467048[/snapback]i guess it could be attributed to knoxville being ballers

It talked to a Dad from Farragut Wen Night. He said they had recently moved to Farragut from NY. He said that the area's rep in soccer was a major reason he moved his family there. When I was transfered to Knoxville it was one of the factors for my family moving to Farragut.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ May 25 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826467060[/snapback]It talked to a Dad from Farragut Wen Night. He said they had recently moved to Farragut from NY. He said that the area's rep in soccer was a major reason he moved his family there. When I was transfered to Knoxville it was one of the factors for my family moving to Farragut.

So what will happen now with the opening of Hardin Valley HS? It should adversely affect Farragut much more than Bearden but it may also be the emergence of another W Knoxville team.