Tennessee Super 44 List

VandyMania

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 30 2007 - 12:51 PM) 826469146[/snapback]Yea they are both on the list, I just have seen their names mentioned quite often in Bama recruiting circles. Hightower going to TN would not surprise me but Coach Saban may still be able to sway him from the dark side /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . I feel pretty good about our chances with Jordan.

zonepirate.

I'd say you're right about Jordan. I would actually be surprised if Bama doesn't get Hightower as well. Bama has serious quality, and depth issues on the DL, and I believe that is where Hightower will wind up playing. Early PT is attractive, as is the unfortunate reality that Saban will have Bama on top of the SEC west, perhaps as early as this season, and most certainly by 08.

ruse?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 31 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826469577[/snapback]zonepirate.

I'd say you're right about Jordan. I would actually be surprised if Bama doesn't get Hightower as well. Bama has serious quality, and depth issues on the DL, and I believe that is where Hightower will wind up playing. Early PT is attractive, as is the unfortunate reality that Saban will have Bama on top of the SEC west, perhaps as early as this season, and most certainly by 08.

ruse?

We have quite a few top DLs/LBs interested because of the opportunities for early playing time. These top kids don't want to sit the bench for 2 years, they want to play if possible. We will be better this year but LSU will be tough in the west. We will catch up soon enough. The offense will be opened up and the defense will be much more aggressive. Kids like that style of play so recruiting will just get better

QUOTE(wholder @ May 28 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826468515[/snapback]Was he submitted to vandymania?

Don you can ad a few from here in west tennessee: Matt Reynolds TE/DL crockett co., brent hanson OL milan,caleb cox OL Humboldt,and E.J. Epperson TE/WR Humboldt. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(seabass @ May 31 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826469665[/snapback]Don you can ad a few from here in west tennessee: Matt Reynolds TE/DL crockett co., brent hanson OL milan,caleb cox OL Humboldt,and E.J. Epperson TE/WR Humboldt. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Epperson kid can play. Has a couple of SEC offers already.

QUOTE(Punisher-whs pride @ Jun 1 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826470097[/snapback]Epperson can play! He is a very talented kid and i hear he is just a good in b-ball as he is in football! But there is no doubt he should be on this list!

Punisher-whs pride.

The list is what it is. I saw some film on him, and he along with a # of others will be D1 players that won't make that list. To be sure many on that list will also play on Sat. in the fall of 08. IMO, the reality is that this year TN will produce 40+ BCS Confrence football players. That is a dramatic increase over the past few years. While there may not be an Oher, Turner, Warren, Donald in the 08 class, the depth for Tennessee HS ball this yr is very good, and getting better. As it stands now, there are approx. 30 kids with BCS Confrence offers, and a bunch more with offers from MAC, Sun Belt, etc.

ruse?

QUOTE(allknowing1 @ May 31 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826469617[/snapback]anybody know how much attention Eric Lindsey out of Catholic is getting?

allknowing1

Not sure, but I watched him in the Rhea County scrimmage this spring, and he looked good. IMO, might be a better Safety than QB.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ Jun 1 2007 - 04:08 PM) 826470142[/snapback]allknowing1

Not sure, but I watched him in the Rhea County scrimmage this spring, and he looked good. IMO, might be a better Safety than QB.

ruse?

ya he doesnt get to pass a heck of a lot in Catholic's system anyway. He probably does have more of a future as a DB.

• 4 months later...

Joseph Bennett LB/FB CAK in Knoxville, He is 6'1" weighs 200 during season, 205-210 during offseason. He has been timed in the 40 at 4.43, but on the track he is at least a consistent 4.5 second 40 yard dash, he has the football speed intangable, he runs a lot faster during a football game, when chasing someone or being chased. He has already been offered by Ohio University, and Marshall I believe has an offer on the table. There are SEC schools looking at him, I know Alabama showed a lot of interest at one point. He has been all State his Sophmore and Junior year. He is putting up all State numbers both as a receiving FB and as a Linebacker, his downfall is that he is playing Linebacker in High School and he will probably be a Strong Safety type or weakside LB in college. But in the CAK defensive system you have to put your best athlete at Middle LB and let him make plays. He is a play maker.

I am not sure why, but he has been left off every list. But coaches at the next level seem interested. He has had good games his Junior year against Alcoa, but I think it is detrimental for a kid to play in a smaller school division unless they go deep into the playoffs. Which Alcoa has knocked CAK off in the second round every year. He has led all divisions in Tackles in the Knoxville Prep Xtra Tackles column his junior and is leading again his senior year.

Everyone is skeptical that he is good, until they see him play, now does he have a great game everytime he steps on the field, no, but he is always around the ball as a LB. He also played banged up against Webb, but he still put up decent numbers considering the outcome of the game.

Does anyone have any advice on who decides on these list or how they are put together, because the AP reporters have seen his ability by electing him All State in 2A over some strong Linebackers.