Tennessee Super 44 List

VandyMania

Here's the 2007 Super 44 list with new, additional, "others to watch" section. This list will be published in the VandyMania 2007 Commodore Football Preview magazine. Please check out the list and tell me if you see any major blunders here. If you don't have the ability to post then feel free to email me at don321vu-super44@yahoo.com Thanks, Don Yates

POS. NAME HT/WT SCHOOL

OL Slade Adams 6-4, 290 Mount Juliet

QB Matt Arent 6-3, 216 Hillsboro

OL Preston Bailey 6-5, 315 Montgomery Bell

FB Ben Bartholomew 6-3, 220 Montgomery Bell

WR/S Marlon Brown 6-1, 180 Hardin County

DE John M. Bryant 6-3, 230 Arlington

OL Michael Bryant 6-6, 290 Lavergne

TE Jeremy Buchanan 6-5, 240 Antioch

QB Brent Burnette 6-3, 205 Maryville

QB/WR Randall Cobb 5-11, 175 Alcoa

RB/LB Ryan Consiglio 6-2, 210 Independence

RB Marco Dailey 5-9, 185 Mount Pleasant

DT Kendall Dangerfield 6-1, 268 Giles County

TE Aaron Douglas 6-6, 230 Maryville

OL Evan Ellis 6-2, 285 Elizabethtown

OL James Francis 6-4, 277 Memp. Christian Bros.

WR Chris Gray 6-1. 180 Lavergne

RB/S Ryan Greve 6-2, 220 Lewis County

LB/DE Gavin Hardin 6-4, 240 Jackson Central-Merry

LB Antonio Harper 6-4, 220 Melrose

LB/RB Dont’a Hightower 6-2, 245 Marshall County

LB Ricky Holloway 6-2, 225 Fayette Ware

OL Alex Hurst 6-6, 305 Arlington

FB Ken James 6-0, 235 Jackson South Side

OT Barrett Jones 6-5, 260 Cordova

LB DeAndre Jones 6-0, 215 Memphis Univ. School

LB Chris Jordan 6-2, 208 Brentwood Academy

QB/LB Tyler Massey 6-1, 205 Baylor

DE Michael McAdoo 6-7, 220 Antioch

OL Brandon McLeroy 6-4, 285 Rhea County

QB Curt Phillips 6-2, 213 Sullivan South

DT Dontari Poe 6-3, 320 Woodale

FL Sam Shutt 6-2, 185 Hardin County

LB Tracy Sims 5-10, 240 Red Bank

WR Brian Sommer 6-1, 195 Alcoa

OL David Spurlock 6-5, 290 Riverdale

OL Alex Stuart 6-3, 285 Oak Ridge

FB/LB Dustin Tait 6-2, 225 Knoxville Catholic

DL Daralius Thompson, 6-2, 248, Covington

LB Marlon Walls 6-4, 215 Woodale

WR Rodriguez Wilks 6-1, 196 Smyrna

WR DeMario Williams 6-3, 182 Columbia Central

LB Tenarius Wright 6-2, 210 Whitehaven

LB Jordan Yarbrough 6-0, 225 Whitehaven

Others to watch: Chris Shelton, QB, Lincoln County; De’Quan Hawkins, QB, Jackson Central-Merry; Hewitt Tomlin, QB, Trinity Christian; Marcus Hightower, RB, Whitehaven; Kevin Summers, RB, Oak Ridge; Michael Hollingsworth, WR, Lebanon; Deaunte Mason, WR, Pearl-Cohn; Marcus Rucker, WR, Whitehaven; Jonah Hendricks, WR, Smyrna; Rico King, WR, Whitehaven; Bryant Newell, OL, Germantown; Jabari Tuani, DL, Brentwood Academy; Kenny Jones, LB, Austin East; G’metrik Caldwell, CB, Carter; Garrett Trusler, LB, Knoxville Catholic; Julian Haile, QB, Shelbyville; Daniel Dayton, DB, Knoxville Halls; Scott Pettigrew, LB, Independence; Isaac Baugh, DB, Independence; Josh Perez, CB, Giles County ; Aaron Trent, LB, Science Hill; Chas Scruggs, RB, Lookout Valley; Michael Newbern, WR, Jackson South Side

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see any Blunders. Overall good selection. Marco Dailey from Mt. Pleasant definitely deserves to be there.

If you haven't seen this kid play, I implore you and everyone to see a least one game of Mt. Pleasant High this season. This will be Marco's Senior year. This kid is special and is awesom to watch play the game we love.

Definitely worth scheduling a trip.

If you guys know of someone that I've obviously missed just send me their info. I've got openings for 2 more because 2 of the players above are not qualified to be on the list. Remember, these guys will be seniors during the upcoming season and graduating in 2008:

First Name:

Last Name:

Position(s):

Height/Weight:

High School:

City:

Exploits/Honors:

Coach's name and number:

Send to this email address:

don321vu-super44@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Don Yates

Vanderbilt- Scout

None of the Juniors from Fulton's great teams were mentioned ... Terrance Cobb, 6'0 205 Lb RB/DE, Bubba Stokes 5'11 210 LB All State LB/FB, Victor Smith 5'10 180 Lb WR/DB (who made plays to beat Alcoa), Ken Tyson 5'9 175 LB DB/WR or Derrick Humphrey 6'1 180 LB WR/DB ..these kids are some players ....

QUOTE(Tadvols @ May 30 2007 - 01:01 AM) 826468966[/snapback]None of the Juniors from Fulton's great teams were mentioned ... Terrance Cobb, 6'0 205 Lb RB/DE, Bubba Stokes 5'11 210 LB All State LB/FB, Victor Smith 5'10 180 Lb WR/DB (who made plays to beat Alcoa), Ken Tyson 5'9 175 LB DB/WR or Derrick Humphrey 6'1 180 LB WR/DB ..these kids are some players ....

Tadvols.

I agree w/you. All those guys are playmakers. Stokes not making it would be the one that surprises me the most based on his JR year performance. Cobb could be the guy that really rises up the rankings this year if he gets a good shot at running the ball. Smith will be the Freeney of this year's team.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 30 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826469024[/snapback]Tadvols.

I agree w/you. All those guys are playmakers. Stokes not making it would be the one that surprises me the most based on his JR year performance. Cobb could be the guy that really rises up the rankings this year if he gets a good shot at running the ball. Smith will be the Freeney of this year's team.

ruse?

Ruse .. you are correct .... I have been impressed with Vic Smith for a long time ..he just makes plays .. he made a TD catch in the 4th Qtr to get Falcons going at Catholic in playoffs ..he made some catches against Aloca to get the offense going ... he comes up from safety and hits people .. Cobb will hopefully get some blocking ... I went to some of the Falcons spring practices ... mostly what they did was have guys blocking and tackling to see who was not shy and who was ... believe me Fulton's OL has a long ways to go ..Coaches put them thru some pretty heavy contact work .. they have some guys with potential who will be Sophs ... Cobb wont have any gaping holes to run in ..he will have to earn them ... if Jock Stinson can get more consistent I look for Falcons to go thru the air to try open up some running game .... I also heard from a coach that there is a RB that will be a 9th grader next year that possibly could be as good as Rogan .. thats saying alot and I will have to see it .. but he is supposed to be the real deal ...

Sorry to post all the stuff on Fulton ..I forgot this was a Super 44 list thread ....

Cascade is a small 1A school, but I expect to see at least three of their 2008 seniors play at the next level.

Defensive lineman- Nathan Armstrong

Full Back- Cory Phillips

Kicker/Punter- MoMo Stewart (probably be playing D1 baseball somewhere)

Three other kids who will have a great shot at making a roster somewhere is:

DT/ OG - Chris Martin

Defensive Lineman- Timmy Sanders

WR/ DB - Ryan Morton

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 30 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826469083[/snapback]Hightower and Jordan are being heavily recruited by Bama.

zonepirate.

Pretty sure both are on the list, and pretty hopefull Hightower winds up @ TN, not Bama. No offense.

ruse?

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 30 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826469144[/snapback]zonepirate.

Pretty sure both are on the list, and pretty hopefull Hightower winds up @ TN, not Bama. No offense.

ruse?

Yea they are both on the list, I just have seen their names mentioned quite often in Bama recruiting circles. Hightower going to TN would not surprise me but Coach Saban may still be able to sway him from the dark side /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . I feel pretty good about our chances with Jordan.