2008 AA

timbdp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ May 27 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826468188[/snapback]Until further notice Goodpasture. Next year they will trying to tie Ezell's record of six straight titles.

Yep...the power has definitely shifted from Ezell to GP. GP is getting the players Ezell used to. I think they will be much stronger

next year. They won it this year with an injured pitcher (broken rib). I don't see it being close next year.

Goodpasture, and it may be on top for quite a while! Unless you follow travel ball pretty closely you may not realize that this year’s class of Goodpasture 8th graders is loaded with two of the best U13 pitchers in the state and at least three to four of the best overall players from “A” ball. With Devon leading the way next year they should win it again. When Cartwright is a senior that group will be in 10th grade and they could also become a unique group that wins five championships! It is only my opinion but I believe that this was the best year to upset Goodpasture but they found a way to win it again so 10 in a row may not be out of the question. Again, just my opinion!

QUOTE(tide84 @ May 28 2007 - 12:25 PM) 826468427[/snapback]Goodpasture, and it may be on top for quite a while! Unless you follow travel ball pretty closely you may not realize that this year??‚¬?„?s class of Goodpasture 8th graders is loaded with two of the best U13 pitchers in the state and at least three to four of the best overall players from ??‚¬?“A??‚¬? ball. With Devon leading the way next year they should win it again. When Cartwright is a senior that group will be in 10th grade and they could also become a unique group that wins five championships! It is only my opinion but I believe that this was the best year to upset Goodpasture but they found a way to win it again so 10 in a row may not be out of the question. Again, just my opinion!

I don't follow travel ball anymore...as I am a few years removed from it. I already knew GP would reload. They now have the pick of

Davidson County. You are right. They have a chance to set a record that won't be broken anytime soon.

I don't think 10 in a row is out of the question either.

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 28 2007 - 01:37 PM) 826468435[/snapback]I don't follow travel ball anymore...as I am a few years removed from it. I already knew GP would reload. They now have the pick of

Davidson County. You are right. They have a chance to set a record that won't be broken anytime soon.

I don't think 10 in a row is out of the question either.

Reason number 124 that privates and publics ought to be split. "Goodpasture softball now has the pick of Davidson County."

QUOTE(AA rules @ May 29 2007 - 01:50 PM) 826468771[/snapback]Reason number 124 that privates and publics ought to be split. "Goodpasture softball now has the pick of Davidson County."

Not sure that it matters but I also would love to see the public/private split. However the reason is from the perspective of simply being able to consider forming another governing body for the privates and getting rid of the TSSAA and all of the silly rules they have come up with over the past three to four years!

QUOTE(tide84 @ May 29 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826468835[/snapback]Not sure that it matters but I also would love to see the public/private split. However the reason is from the perspective of simply being able to consider forming another governing body for the privates and getting rid of the TSSAA and all of the silly rules they have come up with over the past three to four years!

Well said, kinda...

In my opinion, if you can 'invite' (not recruit because that involves giving $ - /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ) players, then you should have to play in the top division (in this case AAA).

*Tide, you forgot to use the 'official' name: T$$AA.

Well I think I have figured out the recruiting thing. Players from public school move to private schools on their own to win. They are not inticed by anything other than that of the tradition of that school. Good softball players who can afford to attend Goodpasture would because they would feel they have a chance to win every year.