2008 D2

timbdp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(timbdp @ May 27 2007 - 11:18 AM) 826468000[/snapback]who will be the favorites?

MBA has almost their whole team back from last year(lose Miller, Kimball, Schwartz)... BA loses some key players(Tex, Coley, Boyd), but will be strong again, the same with Ryan(Burns, Casha, Pogue)... BGA will get Navery Moore back, which will make their pitching very strong as usual... MUS will be down as will CBHS Baylor will be good again

QUOTE(MBABIGRED11 @ May 27 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826468291[/snapback]MBA has almost their whole team back from last year(lose Miller, Kimball, Schwartz)... BA loses some key players(Tex, Coley, Boyd), but will be strong again, the same with Ryan(Burns, Casha, Pogue)... BGA will get Navery Moore back, which will make their pitching very strong as usual... MUS will be down as will CBHS Baylor will be good again

Just seeing if I understood you correctly...CBHS will be down next year? If that is what you said could you elaborate?

QUOTE(MBABIGRED11 @ May 27 2007 - 11:55 PM) 826468291[/snapback]MBA has almost their whole team back from last year(lose Miller, Kimball, Schwartz)... BA loses some key players(Tex, Coley, Boyd), but will be strong again, the same with Ryan(Burns, Casha, Pogue)... BGA will get Navery Moore back, which will make their pitching very strong as usual... MUS will be down as will CBHS Baylor will be good again

ummmmmmmm...so let me get this straight a team returning 8 of their 9 starters is going to be weak??? yea ok....just one more question....what are you smoking?????

i find it laughable that someone is willing to doubt that christian brothers wont be as competitive next year as they were this season. i heard a comment in early march made that, "a decent 14-year old team could beat this bunch (referring to the '07 CBHS team)." that might have been the case early in the year, but they gelled and everything worked out alright...id say. not to mention, all of the young guys got a season of experience under their belt.

to think they will be down next year is fair. they lose a big contributor on offense and a stalwart behind the plate as well as a couple pitchers, but to think Christian Brothers wont be competitive is just plain silly. they do return 7 everyday starters, which, from what i can tell, is more than most other teams in their division, though im not going to say they are a lock for a repeat. thats not fair to put on anyone.

people have doubted us before, and they will continue to doubt the brothers until they are no longer a top notch program. though in all likelihood, that wont be any time soon.

QUOTE(BigOwl @ May 31 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826469601[/snapback]Baylor only loses 1 starter and 1 pitcher so they should be right there with the Brothers next year also.

bigowl, would you happen to know what year baylor's second baseman is/was?...im just a little curious. his antics in one of the semifinal games seemed childish and immature, not to mention bush league. i was surprised to hear about that. it wasnt something i would expect coming from a baylor player, nor the "trash talking" about forsythe's mother after the game either.

i was on the 2006 team that was ranked in the top ten in the baseball america poll that lost to baylor in the semis and the team handled beating us with nothing but class. there was no taunting or making fun of the christian brothers players/coaches. (that was all handled by a few mba players in the stands) to call them beating christian brothers, let alone twice, an upset would have been an understatement. so hearing about that type of behavior surprised me.

He is a junior and yes his behavior was bad. As for the other part about Forsythe's mother I don't know what you are talking about. The two clubs didn't like each other this year and their was plenty of bush league stuff from both. Hopefully it won't show its ugly head again next year if they meet.

QUOTE(brosbaseball9 @ May 31 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826469750[/snapback]bigowl, would you happen to know what year baylor's second baseman is/was?...im just a little curious. his antics in one of the semifinal games seemed childish and immature, not to mention bush league. i was surprised to hear about that. it wasnt something i would expect coming from a baylor player, nor the "trash talking" about forsythe's mother after the game either.

i was on the 2006 team that was ranked in the top ten in the baseball america poll that lost to baylor in the semis and the team handled beating us with nothing but class. there was no taunting or making fun of the christian brothers players/coaches. (that was all handled by a few mba players in the stands) to call them beating christian brothers, let alone twice, an upset would have been an understatement. so hearing about that type of behavior surprised me.

I was at the 2006 semi-finals (in the bleachers) between Baylor and CBHS, and Baylor was taunting CBHS and Matt Packer pretty heavily. I know they were excited for beating a nationally ranked team, but they did not handle beating CBHS with class by any stretch of the imagination. CBHS seemed to handly losing pretty well at the time.

From what I hear, both teams were pretty bad this year, though.

QUOTE(tr0ss @ Jun 1 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826469999[/snapback]I was at the 2006 semi-finals (in the bleachers) between Baylor and CBHS, and Baylor was taunting CBHS and Matt Packer pretty heavily. I know they were excited for beating a nationally ranked team, but they did not handle beating CBHS with class by any stretch of the imagination. CBHS seemed to handly losing pretty well at the time.

I was there both years, and I think Baylor did taunt a little last year but not near to the extent of this years games. There were Baylor parents AND A PLAYER that came over to the CBHS side and started talking "smack". A Baylor player actually left his dugout (not sure if his coaches knew) and came to the CBHS side and was nearly ejected by the BGA athletic director. I know it got to the CBHS fans and they did get into the game and it was obvious it was getting pretty heated. I would say its safe to say the Baylor coaches have no control over their players (ex. the second baseman). Hopefully this will develop into a more healthy rivalry.

QUOTE(tr0ss @ Jun 1 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826469999[/snapback]I was at the 2006 semi-finals (in the bleachers) between Baylor and CBHS, and Baylor was taunting CBHS and Matt Packer pretty heavily. I know they were excited for beating a nationally ranked team, but they did not handle beating CBHS with class by any stretch of the imagination. CBHS seemed to handly losing pretty well at the time.

i was at the 2006 semi-finals (on the field and in the dugout) between Baylor and CBHS as well. to be completely honest, i dont remember anything more than what would be considered "normal dugout chatter" from either side. (the only thing out of the ordinary would have to have been the abnormal amount of staring into the Christian Brothers' dugout. ive never seen a team do that...even when signs werent being given. oh, and you sure have seen their coach relaying pitching signals. never seen anything more comical in my life. haha.) and if you didnt think they were going to heckle pack, then youre crazy. they knew they werent going to beat him even after throwing the two previous days and, in the first semifinal game, they played scared. they knew they werent supposed to win and they played that way until he had to come off the mound.

i wasnt able to be there this year, unfortunately, but if what i was told is correct, baylor was the instigator. im not taking sides. i dont care. we won our 9th state title. its all hearsay from here on out. but, every person on that field between the white lines is a kid. we all know how kids react, someone says something, or acts a certain way, the opposing side will do things the same way and act just as silly. theres no denying it. all that matters...Christian Brothers High School 2007 State Champs.

QUOTE(BigOwl @ May 31 2007 - 04:45 PM) 826469767[/snapback]He is a junior and yes his behavior was bad. As for the other part about Forsythe's mother I don't know what you are talking about. The two clubs didn't like each other this year and their was plenty of bush league stuff from both. Hopefully it won't show its ugly head again next year if they meet.

what was told to me was that a baylor player said something to the effect of (as the teams were shaking hands) "forsythe's mother is a w***e." then another Christian Brothers player was shoved, thus igniting the whole tussle. word is though that the baylor player who actually said that ran like a little girl when things got heated. not discrediting baylor or trying to call anyone out, but i think that kind of says, as well as shows, something about both programs. but im gonna leave it at that and not elaborate on what i think about either school because it would be rather one sided.