Private schools ruin high school sports

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont know the issues between public and private schools. But, I do know that in alot of instances you have an athlete that is a so so player... he/she goes to a private school.... and bingo.... they are the star of the team.... I have seen it in many instances.....

You must be mistaken. Private schools only take kids that are great athletes. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I am being "ironical" to quote Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting". It is a joke.

I think you mean "ironic" or "satirical" and private schools admit so so athletes but give scholarships to the good ones!

Didnt you know? You are not allowed to say that on here. I am just kidding, and have said a very similar thing...and got slammed for it. Watch out!

No. I mean "ironical". It is a quote from a movie.

I looked up "ironical" in the dictionary. It is interchangeable with "ironic".

BH...and a dictionary...now that's "ironical". /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

They don't -- they give need based financial aid. The amount would depend on the school, whether they have an endowment etc.

D1 privates do not give any scholarships, financial aid, etc. to any student athletes.

D2 privates give financial aid on a need basis as determined by a third party national clearning house. It never amounts to full tuition.

D1 privates do not give any scholarships, financial aid, etc. to any student athletes.

D2 privates give financial aid on a need basis as determined by a third party national clearning house. It never amounts to full tuition.

The packages some schools put together can amount to full tuition. Not all the money is given by the school.

The packages some schools put together can amount to full tuition. Not all the money is given by the school.

That statement is incorrect at best. Each school works with a third party national clearinghouse that sets the amount based on need only - NEVER full tuition. Whatever means a family pays for the remainder of the tuition is of no consequence to the school other than the fact that the balance is paid.