head coach at Liberty Tech

mpm

QUOTE(wtnoff @ May 31 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826469910[/snapback]Does the expression "NO MAS!" mean anything to you?

The YANKER recalls the origin of the "NO MAS" utterance...Roberto Duran to Sugar Ray Leonard...my father has always been a HUGE boxing fan and that rubbed off on a very young YANKER!!!!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sources tell me that two of the three assistant coaches at Liberty have resigned since Hookfin was named head coach. One, I can't think of his name (but he is Don McCleary's son in law) is now at Crockett County. Coach Mason has apparantly also resigned from the system altogether as a result of the hiring. The one remaining assistant coach, the very popular Brian Lane, who was the teams defensive coordinator, has been relieved of his coordinator duties as Hookfin has brought in ANOTHER of the assistants at JCM to take over that positiion. I hope that Coaches Mason and Lane can find positions in a school system that will appreciate them and not bow down to the demands of certain political organizations. By the way, former head coach Jeff Robertson is now at Parsons Riverside H.S. He is the new defensive coordinator.

It is not a very good situation at Liberty right now. The athletic director is also in hot water over comments he made about 4th block athletic practice on a local radio station. The admistration for the school system has banned teachers and coaches from commenting to the media and other sources about the boards decision to do away with 4th block practice.