The Return of Page Man

VballDaddy78

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the he/she part but "It"?? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

The "it" part is the personna of the poster. We all take on a different mind set from what we really are in real life when we post. We say things that are sometimes taken the wrong way. In the case of CU, the poster could be either the Mr. or Mrs. as I know both have posted here. I did not mean the "it" part to be derogatory - only that the posts may be a collaboration of two individuals in the personna of Cowboys Up.

Amen, CU. I'd have to agree wholeheartedly. I have learned so much from PageMan, and I value his friendship. I am praying that he finds a job he loves, and that is still flexible enough that he can attend our Page VB matches. I, too, am lucky to know him.

Thanks, catnash1. It is you that I have learned much from. Your dedication and hard work for Page volleyball is much appreciated by all. Your close relationship with the team gives me an insight on how things work behind the scenes. I value your comments immensely as you really know about volleyball on a day-to-day basis and on the club level as well. I am sure I will find a way to make the matches in the coming season and I'm looking forward to working with you again.

The "it" part is the personna of the poster. We all take on a different mind set from what we really are in real life when we post. We say things that are sometimes taken the wrong way. In the case of CU, the poster could be either the Mr. or Mrs. as I know both have posted here. I did not mean the "it" part to be derogatory - only that the posts may be a collaboration of two individuals in the personna of Cowboys Up.

Actually, PageMan, Mr. Cowboy has his own screen name, so it's just been me posting for about 3 years now. He and I didn't see eye to eye on everything he wanted to say and I asked that if he was going to post, that he post under his own screen name.

I absolutely didn't take the "it" thing personally!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I've been called worse!!!!!

I absolutely didn't take the "it" thing personally!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I've been called worse!!!!!

On a bad night, "it" is a compliment! People could yell much worse at an official (right, CU?) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

On a bad night, "it" is a compliment! People could yell much worse at an official (right, CU?) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hahaha...GLJ! So true!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You know I didn't mean what I said, right???? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Having known CU for several years now, I have noticed she is a kinder, gentler person than in the past when she kept the book for Page. She has become more tolerate of others and officials and does not get so upset at missed calls or officials losing their sandles during the heat of the action. Maybe all of us should learn from her example of being more in control of our actions and vocal exhibitions. I don't think I have ever yelled at a paid official, but I do sometimes get upset at those volunteer line judges who aren't paying attention to the action and consequently don't have clue when asked by the official their call on a play. I think that CU should become an official because she is knowledgable of the rules and pays close attention to the details of a play. Now I might have to yell at her in jest to keep her straight.

I think that CU should become an official because she is knowledgeable of the rules and pays close attention to the details of a play.

I second that motion! All those in favor of CU becoming a ref say "AYE"...

Imagine, Riverdaleman, CU and TGLJ all on the job /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> There might be hope for reffing in Middle Tennessee yet.

Imagine, Riverdaleman, CU and TGLJ all on the job /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> There might be hope for reffing in Middle Tennessee yet.

"Aye"...and I just might join her someday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

dont include me on giving them hope just yet i am clueless on the rulkes and how things run

riverdaleman: You're a smart person that I know will pick up on the rules and procedures quickly. I was clueless only a few years ago and now have developed a passion for the sport. Granted, those who follow the sport year round know the finer points, but I believe a person such as yourself would make a fine official given the time.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I believe that was last year. I was interested in the Jones vs Baker comment, so I went back and looked at GC. I am not a fan of either nor am I a baseball guru. This looks like to me the duel was not close and if the errors would not have been made Eagleville would have won. I assume you are a little biased. I do think your mph for Jeffcoat and Baker must be from last year.  Baker-85 pitches 67 strikes. 5.2 innings, 5H, 1BB, 0ER and 7K's. 3 errors  Jones- 78 pitches 37 strikes. 4 innings, 2H, 5BB, 0ER and 1K. 1 error   Adams and the UH kid are really good as well. What about South Pitt and Oakdale? I heard they have some good ones. 
    • I hate this for all the kids in the program and fans alike. I can't recall of anything like this before in my lifetime but I'm sure it isn't a first. After criminal investigations are complete and the TSSAA looks into this the program it will be facing Nuclear Winter for some time to come. It's always the innocent left behind that end up paying the price for something someone else has done. I'm sure the transfer portal will be very active in Clinton over the summer months. How could you find a good coach worth his salt that would take on a situation like this not knowing what will happen. 
    • I’ve seen Jeffcoat in person twice and he was 84-87 both times and the one time I saw Baker he was low 80’s, he actually got out dueled by Jones from ER in that outing.
    • Pirate fans, thread is up on the baseball message board. 
    • Let's get and support the Pirates in Murfreesboro.