Scrimmages

timbdp

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut scrimmaged at Baylor today. I heard the final score was 3-1 Baylor. Reports are the Farragut looked strong in the first half, leading 1-0 at the half. Baylor came out strong in the second have, scoring 3. Farragut's goalie (at least the one who played in the second half) struggled, missing two shots that goalies are often able to stop.

I know, it's only a scrimmage, and who knows what combo's each team tried out, but ....

Ooltewah Lady Owls scrimmaged McMinn Co. at Redoubt @ 6PM.

Due to the heat index they played an hour later and used a mixed play format to prevent overheating.

Ooltewah Varsity vs McMinn Co varsity for 30 minutes with a water break at 15 minutes

Ooltewah JV vs McMinn Co JV for 15-20 minutes

Ooltewah Varsity vs McMinn Co Varsity for 30 mintues with a water break at 15 minutes

Ooltewah JV vs McMinn Co JV for ~30 minutes with a water break at 15 minutes

Both teams seemed very well conditioned, and not exceptionally depleted by the conditions. Both had good periods of ball possession, and both played tough defensively. Scoring for the Varsity went Ooltewah's way. Both coaches moved people around and seemed to be trying some things, as is normal in scrimmages. No one got hurt AFAIK and I'm sure the coaches will be taking what they saw out there tonight, right back into practice tomorrow.

The JV squads played very close and it may have been 1-1 or 1-0