East TN 4A and 5A

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Blount? WB has won many pre-season state championships. I doubt this year will be any different....but I hope they do get one.

i do think that william blount has a good shot at winning the state championship. they were very close to a great year last season, and with the players they have this year, i think that they could make it three for blount county.

then again, there are so many good teams in 5A, it will be very tough, but, i think a region 2-5A team will at least be playing for the title.

Fulton in 3A....Alcoa in 2A..... and Ooltewah in 5A. I predict the East will win 4 0f 5 class divisions not counting the privates.

MLREB.

Ooltewah will be fine until they run into the Mid-State guys. Smyrna, Riverdale, Ravenwood. WB will have a very good team, and could give then some problems, especially on D. No 5A Championship for ET.

Maryville should get there, but Hillsboro will be waiting, and much improved over last yr. 2nd yr of system, great athletes, etc. I know, I know, Burnette to Douglas, Shiver, etc. DL with Enghardt, etc is loaded. Still need some LBs and an RBs. Hillsboro is going to be a handfull.

3A won't be Fulton this year. AE or Catholic will wind up playing David Lipscomb.

2A. Alcoa.

DII. Webb should get there again.

ruse?

Keep in mind that Webb is now in a division that includes all the former "Super 7" schools competing for the same title Webb will be seeking.

Maybe Webb has a lot coming back, and, granted, many people are not fully aware of the new divisions in DII, so with that said, Webb's path to a repeat title is probably pretty tough this year with the new division.

Keep in mind that Webb is now in a division that includes all the former "Super 7" schools competing for the same title Webb will be seeking.

Maybe Webb has a lot coming back, and, granted, many people are not fully aware of the new divisions in DII, so with that said, Webb's path to a repeat title is probably pretty tough this year with the new division.

rollredroll.

Good point, and I had forgotten about that. That will make it tougher. Thanks.

ruse?

Maryville should get there, but Hillsboro will be waiting, and much improved over last yr. 2nd yr of system, great athletes, etc. I know, I know, Burnette to Douglas, Shiver, etc. DL with Enghardt, etc is loaded. Still need some LBs and an RBs. Hillsboro is going to be a handfull.

ruse?

ruse? I agree with your assessment of Hillsboro. They are very good at the skill positions and will be better in the second year under coach Blade.

They will however have to replace their entire OL, tackle to tackle and Mairvul's DL, minus one starter, will be back intact. The Rebs DL did pretty well against them last year when they had all seniors up front. Plus looking at their roster they lost a couple of good D-Linemen which included a very good NG, two linebackers, and two DB's.

ruse? I agree with your assessment of Hillsboro. They are very good at the skill positions and will be better in the second year under coach Blade.

They will however have to replace their entire OL, tackle to tackle and Mairvul's DL, minus one starter, will be back intact. The Rebs DL did pretty well against them last year when they had all seniors up front. Plus looking at their roster they lost a couple of good D-Linemen which included a very good NG, two linebackers, and two DB's.

STARSNBARS.

Yeah, I agree, but I did not particularly feel like playing follow the leader. Some folks just seem to type Maryville after the words "Prdiction", "Champion", and "4A". Also, while I am sure this won't exactly throw a scare into any of the Mville faithful, I sort of like both Red Bank, and Morristown East this yr.

MLREB.

Ooltewah will be fine until they run into the Mid-State guys. Smyrna, Riverdale, Ravenwood. WB will have a very good team, and could give then some problems, especially on D. No 5A Championship for ET.

3A won't be Fulton this year. AE or Catholic will wind up playing David Lipscomb.

2A. Alcoa.

ruse?

ruse.........Hillsboro lost most of their lineman on both sides. They do have great athletes returning but if you watched them enough last year their line, and expecially their D line was their strength. I would be surprised in Hillsboro makes it back.

Sorry ruse.....I responded before reading Stars post.

ruse.........Hillsboro lost most of their lineman on both sides. They do have great athletes returning but if you watched them enough last year their line, and expecially their D line was their strength. I would be surprised in Hillsboro makes it back.

Sorry ruse.....I responded before reading Stars post.

No worries MLREB.

I know they lost a lot on the DL. They do however, have two or three OL returning. The Wahington kid goes about 6-4, 310. Has good feet, and fairly athletic. He seemed unsure firing off the ball last year, and I would expect that he along with the others will be much more at ease with that spread they put in last yr. The other OL that I liked was the OG/C, White. Quick, and explosive. I would say 6-1, 6-2, 275 or so. Make a heck of NG/DT IMO. Anyway, my point is that while Hillsboro may not have the D that they had last year, the O will be vastly improved IMO. Also, there is little doubt in my mind that they will have athletes that will get to the ball quickly, and with a nice pop on D. I just like the new guy, and the scheme he has. And if I picked Maryville, you and STARS would'nt have anything to debate except Rouse vs. Thompson or Hunt vs. Burnette, etc. Happy 4th.

ruse?