East TN 4A and 5A

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the last play of the game at Smyrna had gone the Owls way last year I think they would be State Champions. They would have beat Ravenwood like several other teams did last year. That is a huge stumbling block (that semi game). BUT this year it will be played in EAST TN if the cards fall right. They alternate. The OWLS are LOADED. Don't let anyone tell you they have a QB problem. I think they are tougher than last year. Sure would like to have the TURNERS back though. Brian Marshall is in the shape of his life after running track. All the holes have been filled in the line. They have so much depth. Look for two other running backs beside Marshall. ALL track stars. I can't wait for the season to start.

MLREB.

Ooltewah will be fine until they run into the Mid-State guys. Smyrna, Riverdale, Ravenwood. WB will have a very good team, and could give then some problems, especially on D. No 5A Championship for ET.

Maryville should get there, but Hillsboro will be waiting, and much improved over last yr. 2nd yr of system, great athletes, etc. I know, I know, Burnette to Douglas, Shiver, etc. DL with Enghardt, etc is loaded. Still need some LBs and an RBs. Hillsboro is going to be a handfull.

3A won't be Fulton this year. AE or Catholic will wind up playing David Lipscomb.

2A. Alcoa.

DII. Webb should get there again.

ruse?

Greenville's new coach is bringing in a whole new look. they will not be the same Greeneville yall have played in the past. I hope they can get there new offense down by next year.

Greenville is a good team do not get me wrong, but until they learn to run hardnose football instead of trying to beat everyone to the sidelines. Then they will be right back to were they were last year. Its ok in middle school or freshman football but not in varsity.

Greenville is a good team do not get me wrong, but until they learn to run hardnose football instead of trying to beat everyone to the sidelines. Then they will be right back to were they were last year. Its ok in middle school or freshman football but not in varsity.

does anyone know how the Greeneville Science Hill 7 on 7 went yesterday. I know Greeneville went and played the new coaches old team and beat them by like 6 TD's

If the last play of the game at Smyrna had gone the Owls way last year I think they would be State Champions. They would have beat Ravenwood like several other teams did last year. That is a huge stumbling block (that semi game). BUT this year it will be played in EAST TN if the cards fall right. They alternate. The OWLS are LOADED. Don't let anyone tell you they have a QB problem. I think they are tougher than last year. Sure would like to have the TURNERS back though. Brian Marshall is in the shape of his life after running track. All the holes have been filled in the line. They have so much depth. Look for two other running backs beside Marshall. ALL track stars. I can't wait for the season to start.

lovehsfootball.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Owls get there, and if the OL/DL are set, and there is no QB problem, they should get there.

ruse?

does anyone know how the Greeneville Science Hill 7 on 7 went yesterday. I know Greeneville went and played the new coaches old team and beat them by like 6 TD's

Greeneville ended up scoring twice on Science Hill defense and Science Hill scored once on Greeneville defence. Both sides defence had a couple of picks too....for the rainy conditions both sides looked pretty good.

Greeneville ended up scoring twice on Science Hill defense and Science Hill scored once on Greeneville defence. Both sides defence had a couple of picks too....for the rainy conditions both sides looked pretty good.

The score was 2 to 2. Science Hill had a pick and ran it back. I thought Greenville looked pretty good. The QB for Greenville had good zip in his throws. I thought Science Hill looked okay, I've seen better from them.

Did Greenville have their starting linebackers in there on defense or where they all defensive backs? The reason I ask is because I thought Greenville looked small on the field compared to Science Hill.

Greenville, I liked the green helmets.

Greeneville High School will be a team that will surprise many this season. Also the Devils are very young so look for the program to begin to do some serious building in the years to come. Science Hill and Greeneville played in a 7 on 7 on Tuesday and Science Hill did not impress me too much. To have the athletes that they do, they are trying to be way to complex. Throw the ball downfield to the tall receivers and hand the ball off to that huge running back. He looks like a created player on a video game. Greeneville has some old faces coming back to help and also the new faces that are going to be known shortly after the season begins. Former Mr. Football Dustin Moore is coming back to help and so is former Offensive Coordinator Caine Ballard. Ballard was coordinator in 2002 and 2003. Both of those teams played in the quarterfinals.

Well five starters on crocketts team were not there. That make a big difference in how they will play on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball so i would go pointing fingers just yet wait till the seasons to start making projections.

Yeah ,that could make a huge difference,they are going to scrinmmage again before the season starts, should be a good tune up for both squads, I do know Crockett improved alot last season, good luck.

Greeneville High School will be a team that will surprise many this season. Also the Devils are very young so look for the program to begin to do some serious building in the years to come. Science Hill and Greeneville played in a 7 on 7 on Tuesday and Science Hill did not impress me too much. To have the athletes that they do, they are trying to be way to complex. Throw the ball downfield to the tall receivers and hand the ball off to that huge running back. He looks like a created player on a video game. Greeneville has some old faces coming back to help and also the new faces that are going to be known shortly after the season begins. Former Mr. Football Dustin Moore is coming back to help and so is former Offensive Coordinator Caine Ballard. Ballard was coordinator in 2002 and 2003. Both of those teams played in the quarterfinals.

They also got a great Coach, he will bring Greenville back to the glory days in a hurry.

Were you at the A.C. Reinald's game. I Heard from coach Brimer they did really good.