East TN 4A and 5A

In 4A, will it be Morristown West and Maryville again? Will Morristown East be anywhere in the mix? How about Greeneville and their new coach, how will they fair? Sullivan South lost a lot, but still have Phillips, how are they looking? In 5A, looks like DB and Science Hill will be pretty good. Who else out of East TN will be good in 5A?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 5A, there is always Oak Ridge! I also think William Blount will make some noise this year. Maybe not the top team but they will be better. I would also like to see Heritage get to 500.

In 4A, there is Maryville. Everyone else is second tier for now and I do not think that is ready to change. But that is why we play the games

QUOTE(FBEmeritus @ Jun 5 2007 - 05:33 PM) 826471722[/snapback]In 5A, there is always Oak Ridge! I also think William Blount will make some noise this year. Maybe not the top team but they will be better. I would also like to see Heritage get to 500.

In 4A, there is Maryville. Everyone else is second tier for now and I do not think that is ready to change. But that is why we play the games

Will Maryville and Oak Ridge scrimmage this year?

QUOTE(Contender @ Jun 6 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826472032[/snapback]How is SH lookin' why is there so much talk about them recently

I’m not sure what you are hearing whether positive or negative about Science Hill, but from what I have seen and heard is…SHHS looked very strong in their scrimmages in the spring. Granted the scrimmages were against Sullivan Central and South-Doyle, but looked pretty good with only 8 practices to support a new offensive system under Coach Smith.

SHHS did well in 7 vs. 7 passing tournament at the Univ. of South Carolina last weekend against some of the best teams in NC and SC. SHHS is headed to UT this weekend. This will certainly help with the timing and the gelling of the quarterback and his receivers. And with one of the best backs in the state, I like our chances of doing well this upcoming season. O-line needs work, but with the new offensive line coach from West Tennessee and a new assistant coach from Byrnes HS, SC.

Science Hill High School is serious about football! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(FootballFan423 @ Jun 4 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826471228[/snapback]In 4A, will it be Morristown West and Maryville again? Will Morristown East be anywhere in the mix? How about Greeneville and their new coach, how will they fair? Sullivan South lost a lot, but still have Phillips, how are they looking? In 5A, looks like DB and Science Hill will be pretty good. Who else out of East TN will be good in 5A?

South will be strong AGAIN! Yes, they lost some seniors, but they also have some strong young guns coming up! Stacy will bring the best out of the talent he has and the men at South are looking to prove that they are the team to beat!

QUOTE(FootballFan423 @ Jun 7 2007 - 11:33 PM) 826472805[/snapback]It might sound like a stretch, but how about Crokett? They improved a lot last year from two 0-10 seasons. Will they be winning any more this year, or will it be like previous years?

i just hope Greeneville can lay the hammer down on them this year. 22-0 was just pitiful. good luck