Region3-5A

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone question why this region is the only region in the state (5A) that only has 6 teams? Is there any realignment plan in the future? A team in this region could go 2-8 and still make the playoffs. A team could go 3-7 and have a third place finish. I wonder how some of those teams in Riverdales Region feel about that? Didnt Oakland go 5-5 last year and not get a playoff bid? I bet Oakland or Tullahoma (4A) would love to compete in region 3 5A. The TSSAA should look into adding a couple of teams to this region to at least make a third place finish look respectable. Until then I guess a dismal 3-7 will be good enough.

I agree with the first couple of post that it will either be cookville or Lincoln County at the top i'f gunna go on record as picking Lincoln county as toping the region I was part of the radio team for Franklin county last year and i think brittion is gunna have a heck of a team in a year or two this year i'll put um in a dog fight for 3rd with warren county and and maybe likely not put a little pressure on on coffee county who will be in a good battle with cookville to see who gets second place and that covited home play off game what ya think yall ?

just one other note I like that were not playing d 2 schools because those are the only schools that we played that we were never in the game at all in most of our games we were in the ball game until late in the 3rd or the 4th quarter so i think maybe not playing such tough teams will be good for the FC squad cuz all we need in a few wins to get these boys some confidence cuz its hard to believe you can win when baylor beats your head in the ground 35-14 and we'll be ready for smith county coach brittton never has his teams not prepaired and ready to play we don't overlook teams

I agree with the first couple of post that it will either be cookville or Lincoln County at the top i'f gunna go on record as picking Lincoln county as toping the region I was part of the radio team for Franklin county last year and i think brittion is gunna have a heck of a team in a year or two this year i'll put um in a dog fight for 3rd with warren county and and maybe likely not put a little pressure on on coffee county who will be in a good battle with cookville to see who gets second place and that covited home play off game what ya think yall ?

I think you need to re-think your rankings. Having Lincoln Co ahead of Cookeville? Not a good idea. Cookeville has won the region three straight years and should have a much better team this year, than last. Got to place Cookeville on top untill beaten.

just one other note I like that were not playing d 2 schools because those are the only schools that we played that we were never in the game at all in most of our games we were in the ball game until late in the 3rd or the 4th quarter so i think maybe not playing such tough teams will be good for the FC squad cuz all we need in a few wins to get these boys some confidence cuz its hard to believe you can win when baylor beats your head in the ground 35-14 and we'll be ready for smith county coach brittton never has his teams not prepaired and ready to play we don't overlook teams

31-10 is not being in the ball game

Does anyone question why this region is the only region in the state (5A) that only has 6 teams? Is there any realignment plan in the future? A team in this region could go 2-8 and still make the playoffs. A team could go 3-7 and have a third place finish. I wonder how some of those teams in Riverdales Region feel about that? Didnt Oakland go 5-5 last year and not get a playoff bid? I bet Oakland or Tullahoma (4A) would love to compete in region 3 5A. The TSSAA should look into adding a couple of teams to this region to at least make a third place finish look respectable. Until then I guess a dismal 3-7 will be good enough.

most of the schools in this area are 4A (shelbyville, tullahoma,white county) however, there is no way oakland or any of the murphesboro teams would move, they would loose too much money, and how cumerland county wound up in this region ill never know because most of our games are over 2 hours away, plus our enrollment right now will be closer to 1100 or 1200, it would be great to get enough teams that cc could go to a region they actually belong in but I dont see that happening or this region changing unless you can get 1 of those teams to move up

I think you need to re-think your rankings. Having Lincoln Co ahead of Cookeville? Not a good idea. Cookeville has won the region three straight years and should have a much better team this year, than last. Got to place Cookeville on top untill beaten.

I said if you look correctly that it would be cookville and LC fighting for 1st I'm not saying LC runs away with it just saying that it'll be close between those to for 1st with in a game or 2 and I'm just goin with LC this year to mix it up and who ever ends up second will get a little push from coffee but all in all i say coffee still slide in third