Region 5 Class 4A opinion thread

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion no. Although Maplewood, Whites Creek, Stratford, and Tullahoma all will be good and compete for the remaining three playoff spots, I don't see anyone from Region 5-4A beating Hillsboro this year.

The Burros have the top statistical passer in Matt Arent, runner in Jacquese Seward, and reciever in Demetrious Garrett from the region coming back, along with perhaps the region's best athlete in junior Eric Gordon. Add in the usual powerful linemen and collection of additional skill position folks and the Burros look loaded.

In addition, the players should now be more comfortable with Scott Blades and his spread offense.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(Footballfan15 @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826474573[/snapback]The Burro's are bringing back so much talent will anyone be able to stay with them?

Go Burro's

The burros looked really sharp in Vandy's 7on7. And I was impressed with your QB. He was on and so the burros rolled. I think that as long as the QB stays healthy and plays well the burros roll as the #1 hands down favorite. Their secondary was really impressive in the 7on7 too. Week zero should tell us exactly where the burros are. I havent seen the burros schedule but I dont think they will have any problems winning the region.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826474850[/snapback]1.) Hillsboro

2.) Stratford

3.) Maplewood

4.) Whites Creek

5.) Tullahoma

6.) Shelbyville

7.) Lawrence Co.

Hickman Co. moves from this region to Region 6-2A this upcoming season /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good move for Hickman Co. They are improving and should make the playoffs

The Borros should not be challenged in the region if they come to play. Don't know how strong Maplewood, Stratford or WC will be. I'm sure they will be athletic and one or two could probably have a solid season.

Tull should be better than average and not to be taken lightly, LC will not be as good as last year and Shelby will be better.

Playoff spots will be filled with the same 5 programs.

1.) Hillsboro

2.) Stratford

3.) Maplewood

4.) Whites Creek

5.) Tullahoma

6.) Shelbyville

7.) Lawrence Co.

Hickman Co. moves from this region to Region 6-2A this upcoming season /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Man you've really gotta be kidding.Stratford 2nd in the region.LOL...O SO FUNNY. Maplewood is probably the best threat 2 Hillsboro.Even though they lost a lot, they still have RB Markus Cantrell returning,QB Chris Simpson,DE Romario Cathey(Best DL in Nashville),and a host of other players to help the team.Like Q parks at WR.Every thing they lost is replaceable except the MLB in Thomas Majors. They can get close with Sam Hopper but not as intelligent,quick,or a better athlete than Majors.

Man you've really gotta be kidding.Stratford 2nd in the region.LOL...O SO FUNNY. Maplewood is probably the best threat 2 Hillsboro.Even though they lost a lot, they still have RB Markus Cantrell returning,QB Chris Simpson,DE Romario Cathey(Best DL in Nashville),and a host of other players to help the team.Like Q parks at WR.Every thing they lost is replaceable except the MLB in Thomas Majors. They can get close with Sam Hopper but not as intelligent,quick,or a better athlete than Majors.

The Wooddale vs. Maplewood will have some athletes on the field for week 1. The week 0 match up with Franklin @ Hillsboro will be a war.

The Wooddale vs. Maplewood will have some athletes on the field for week 1. The week 0 match up with Franklin @ Hillsboro will be a war.

Wooddale vs Maplewood is in week zero. It's part of some package deal that also includes the game between Pearl Cohn & Memphis East. I believe both games will be played on the Saturday Night of Week 0 (though word also has it that the Maplewood-Wooddale game will be on Friday & the Memphis East-PC game will be on Saturday).

Both games will take place at Maplewood though both were originally intended to be played at Hale Stadium (aka The Hole) at TSU. How that fell through I will never know to tell you the truth.

Quez, I am going to edit my predictions just to please you & boski (who I know will be back in a few weeks).

Wooddale vs Maplewood is in week zero. It's part of some package deal that also includes the game between Pearl Cohn & Memphis East. I believe both games will be played on the Saturday Night of Week 0 (though word also has it that the Maplewood-Wooddale game will be on Friday & the Memphis East-PC game will be on Saturday).

Both games will take place at Maplewood though both were originally intended to be played at Hale Stadium (aka The Hole) at TSU. How that fell through I will never know to tell you the truth.

Quez, I am going to edit my predictions just to please you & boski (who I know will be back in a few weeks).

The Hole would have been a great venue for these two matchups. Maplewood's field is borderline awful imo. I believe both nashville schools will win with solid QB play. Pearl-Cohn's Mason could be a top 3 QB in the Mid-State. Maplewood's QB is very good at what he does with his lack of height. Two very physical games to start the season. Good luck to the Metro ball clubs.