Region 5 Class 4A opinion thread

What? Maryville totally embarrassed Hillsboro for the title last season and im sure if they meet again ..we would get the same results ..sure they got a ton of key players coming back .. but so do alot of these other teams, i see Maplewood giving them a good game and run at the region title just like before ... Hillsboro has impressed me a "lil" with the 7 on 7 mini games .. but im panther pride to the bone .. this year them panthers bring it home.

Come on now boski. This part of your post was made with your heart and not your head. How could you possibly say that you "would get the same results" that Hillsboro did against Maryville. Maryville is one of the ELITE TEAMS IN THE ENTIRE SOUTHEAST!!! Hillsboro just ran into a buzz saw in the title game and made too many bad plays in order to beat them (especially in the secondary and up front on offense). With that in mind let's not forget that Hillsboro did beat Maplewood in the regular season last fall. The Burros also crushed Clarksville in the quarterfinals 41-3 at Clarksville. This is the same Clarksville team that beat Maplewood in the opening round of the playoffs and then turned right around the next week and beat an unbeaten Springfield team. Both of those teams were not slouches and Clarksville sent them both home for good until they saw the Burros later in November.

For the fourth time in seven years you are going to likely see a Hillsboro vs Maryville Blue Cross Bowl at the Class 4A level. Maybe the Burros can finally do what they and Melrose have been unable to do on five occasions in the past six years and BEAT MARYVILLE!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you back Boski but this is the year of the Burro's. It will be the green and gold who get to take the gold ball home.

glad to be back, whats up Footballfan!! yeah last year was their year too .. but we will see, im thinking more of maroon and grey - ish champs ..and you guys will take home a ball ..but it wont be gold ..it will be a whole bag of brown ones

Come on now boski. This part of your post was made with your heart and not your head. How could you possibly say that you "would get the same results" that Hillsboro did against Maryville. Maryville is one of the ELITE TEAMS IN THE ENTIRE SOUTHEAST!!! Hillsboro just ran into a buzz saw in the title game and made too many bad plays in order to beat them (especially in the secondary and up front on offense). With that in mind let's not forget that Hillsboro did beat Maplewood in the regular season last fall. The Burros also crushed Clarksville in the quarterfinals 41-3 at Clarksville. This is the same Clarksville team that beat Maplewood in the opening round of the playoffs and then turned right around the next week and beat an unbeaten Springfield team. Both of those teams were not slouches and Clarksville sent them both home for good until they saw the Burros later in November.

For the fourth time in seven years you are going to likely see a Hillsboro vs Maryville Blue Cross Bowl at the Class 4A level. Maybe the Burros can finally do what they and Melrose have been unable to do on five occasions in the past six years and BEAT MARYVILLE!!!!

OH man ..dont even bring up the Hillsboro or Clarksville games .. all you have to do is go back and look at those game tapes .. they speak volumes about the game and the terrible calls ..dont get me wrong both of these teams had pretty good teams but without the bad calls they would have lost plain and simple ..look at the tapes. and if i could fire the refs ..they would never officiate another tssaa game in their life .. but ..oh well that was last season ..this season im gonna tape everygame and post bad calls on my web site...

now i think maryville would beat hillsboro all the same if they played again for the gold ball, and thats the bottom line.

OH man ..dont even bring up the Hillsboro or Clarksville games .. all you have to do is go back and look at those game tapes .. they speak volumes about the game and the terrible calls ..dont get me wrong both of these teams had pretty good teams but without the bad calls they would have lost plain and simple ..look at the tapes. and if i could fire the refs ..they would never officiate another tssaa game in their life .. but ..oh well that was last season ..this season im gonna tape everygame and post bad calls on my web site...

now i think maryville would beat hillsboro all the same if they played again for the gold ball, and thats the bottom line.

Yep as long as there are excuses, we make no excuses and plan to be ready to bring the golden ball back to middle TN for everyone to see.

Yep as long as there are excuses, we make no excuses and plan to be ready to bring the golden ball back to middle TN for everyone to see.

Yeah what you said ...thats every team plan, to be ready ...yeah you cant make excuses for that game, Maryville crushed you guys i saw it. i didnt see any bad calls at all. just a good ole fashioned beatdown! unlike others games before... oh well guess we will just have to wait and see my friend.