Strongest D and Strongest O this season

QUOTE(brosbaseball9 @ Jun 15 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826475434[/snapback]i sincerely hope youre joking about woodale having one of the "strongest ds" of all the 5a schools in this state. im not too well informed of public school athletics, but being from memphis, i have seen woodale several times and do not believe they will have a very good defense this year. i can name several Super 7 teams that will have better defenses than that of woodale, though its just my honest opinion....

Woodale is legit. They have a stud OLB in Marlon Wells and two monster DT's if I remember correctly.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woodale is legit. They have a stud OLB in Marlon Wells and two monster DT's if I remember correctly.

legit? maybe. the best? probably not. seen 'em play. and if i remember correctly, they have one large dt and that lb, though, personally, i would hesitate before referring to him as a stud. i wasnt impressed with either of them....not to mention the of o-line/offense in general they were lining up against was sub-par at best that night. just my opnion though.

Gray is taking a big risk playing football next year. He is one hard tackle away from no baseball in college or the mlb draft. With a Vanderbilt education worth $48,000.00 per year he is risking $192,000.00 just for college not counting what a signing bonus could be. It is simple economics 101.

Whats life without risks? Hes only got one more year of football and lots more of baseball. Let him cherish it while he can

legit? maybe. the best? probably not. seen 'em play. and if i remember correctly, they have one large dt and that lb, though, personally, i would hesitate before referring to him as a stud. i wasnt impressed with either of them....not to mention the of o-line/offense in general they were lining up against was sub-par at best that night. just my opnion though.

That LB is one of the few 4 star players in TN this year.

That LB is one of the few 4 star players in TN this year.

and on paper at 6'3-4" and around 225, everybody looks good....especially when the pads are off and everyone is playing "touch" football during the 7v7s going on around the state. BUT then that lb gets someone who doesnt respect him nor his school or his "huge" dt in front of him and gets up under those pads and moves him at will....and theres your 4-star player being made look like just another average high school kid. ill continue to have my bias against the memphis city schools until they start beating the likes of Christian Brothers and mus (heck ill even throw in germantown and houston just to make it a little more fair to wooddale and the other city school teams in that region) on a CONSISTENT basis. mind you, these are schools who dont happen to have "4-star players" and "two huge dt's." show me something to shut me up....and i will. but until that happens, and i dont see it happening anytime soon, i wont believe it 'til i see it, nor the hype regarding those players.

My question is why people think that just because Sonny is going to play college ball and also get drafted that his chances of getting hurt are higher... He's the same as every other kid out there.. He is a strong kid and its high school let him live it up you only do it once....

no1 is sayin that he has a higher chance of gettin hurt but he is taking a big risk playin football because he pretty much has his life set because of baseball and that would blow to have all of that and then get hurt bad this year and lose it all.

and on paper at 6'3-4" and around 225, everybody looks good....especially when the pads are off and everyone is playing "touch" football during the 7v7s going on around the state. BUT then that lb gets someone who doesnt respect him nor his school or his "huge" dt in front of him and gets up under those pads and moves him at will....and theres your 4-star player being made look like just another average high school kid. ill continue to have my bias against the memphis city schools until they start beating the likes of Christian Brothers and mus (heck ill even throw in germantown and houston just to make it a little more fair to wooddale and the other city school teams in that region) on a CONSISTENT basis. mind you, these are schools who dont happen to have "4-star players" and "two huge dt's." show me something to shut me up....and i will. but until that happens, and i dont see it happening anytime soon, i wont believe it 'til i see it, nor the hype regarding those players.

What are you talking about? CBHS and MUS both produce big time athletes every single year. Both had 4-star LB's last year (Walker, Stokes), as a matter of fact. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

What are you talking about? CBHS and MUS both produce big time athletes every single year. Both had 4-star LB's last year (Walker, Stokes), as a matter of fact. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

and i guess youve forgotten how far walker fell last year once the season started....especially after the father ryan game when he spent the majority of the 3rd and 4th quarters on the bench. i also thought walker was a 3-star guy, but i dont keep a real close eye on rivals like some folks.

another thing that gets me is woodale went from being an no-name school to a, according to recruting services, "prospect factory" with the love these regional scouts obviously have for them.