Springfield

gutta3

They may have lost alot but never doubt Springfield's talent level on any year; the reason they were good last year was b/c Coach Erin or whatever his name was understood how to use the talent to the best of its ability on offense. Now I read they are changing the offense which severely struggled the last several years b/4 Coach Erin arrived. What I am saying is they have the potential to be good every year if the right moves are made which more times than not is not the case.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have lost alot but never doubt Springfield's talent level on any year; the reason they were good last year was b/c Coach Erin or whatever his name was understood how to use the talent to the best of its ability on offense. Now I read they are changing the offense which severely struggled the last several years b/4 Coach Erin arrived. What I am saying is they have the potential to be good every year if the right moves are made which more times than not is not the case.

Yeah I agree w/ this assessment; they may inexperienced but they do have talent.

Yeah I agree w/ this assessment; they may inexperienced but they do have talent.

In other words you are agreeing with yourself

I believe the coach you are thinking of is Coach Terry Arrington (who also used to be the head football coach at Cheatham Co. & Kenwood). I do not believe he is on the staff at Springfield anymore.

In other words you are agreeing with yourself

I believe the coach you are thinking of is Coach Terry Arrington (who also used to be the head football coach at Cheatham Co. & Kenwood). I do not believe he is on the staff at Springfield anymore.

Yeah I kinda quoted myself as a way to bump the thread; I am just strange dont pay me any attention,lol.

Secondly yes Coach Arrington is exactly who I was talking about and I believe the story was he left so he could spend more time w/ his kids. That is understandable but it stinks he is not coming back b/c he seemed to really get it.

• 2 weeks later...

This year will be a growing experience with the team bc they did lose talented players...but regardless of their lost Springfield always has talent on the field and thats not an understatement. The work effort and dedication is always required by coach Offutt so that wont be a problem. They have some good running backs this year and a young line and changing the offense will have alot of teams surprised. They will compete again for the region!

This year will be a growing experience with the team bc they did lose talented players...but regardless of their lost Springfield always has talent on the field and thats not an understatement. The work effort and dedication is always required by coach Offutt so that wont be a problem. They have some good running backs this year and a young line and changing the offense will have alot of teams surprised. They will compete again for the region!

I hope you are right but I just dont see the point in changing what was the most diverse offense SHS has ever had. It worked really well; I can see if the personel has changed and they need an offense to best accomadate that change but SHS has always had similar personel year in year out. I guess we will all see.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON ANY SCRIMMS FOR SHS IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS PLEASE POST DATES, TIMES, AND LOCATIONS HERE.....THANX

Well Kevin38 i understand what you are saying but when you loose coaching personnel and those experienced players you have to re-format the offense to make it work. Im a SHS Alumni and i played under Coach Offutt when he was the assistant coach...i do try to stay up on the facts by attending almost every game and keeping in touch with the coach.

Well Kevin38 i understand what you are saying but when you loose coaching personnel and those experienced players you have to re-format the offense to make it work. Im a SHS Alumni and i played under Coach Offutt when he was the assistant coach...i do try to stay up on the facts by attending almost every game and keeping in touch with the coach.

Did you graduate in 2002?????