Region 3-3A - Top to bottom

cathey

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody can predict what will happen in this region. I think that both Polk and Meigs lost some from last year. Notre Dame lost alot, but they have a pretty good tradition of being competitive, and I think that Central and Sequoyah will be improved this year. Howard is the only unknown to me. I think this may be the most exciting year that this region has had in some time as far as watching the teams battle for playoff spots. I know that Central has improved (aged) alot from last year, but they will face a tough schedule on the road. They also have alot of two-way players. That cost them last year. They played tough games against Meigs and Polk in the first of the game, but was worn down by the end. Conditioning is key for Central.

I don't think anybody can predict what will happen in this region. I think that both Polk and Meigs lost some from last year. Notre Dame lost alot, but they have a pretty good tradition of being competitive, and I think that Central and Sequoyah will be improved this year. Howard is the only unknown to me. I think this may be the most exciting year that this region has had in some time as far as watching the teams battle for playoff spots. I know that Central has improved (aged) alot from last year, but they will face a tough schedule on the road. They also have alot of two-way players. That cost them last year. They played tough games against Meigs and Polk in the first of the game, but was worn down by the end. Conditioning is key for Central.

Howard will have a good offense this year if they can protect the quarterback. They have had passing scrimmages against Lookout Valley which was like they were practicing against their third team because they did whatever they wanted. They also beat Ridgeland a couple of days ago by about 3 scores. they still have all of their secondary except D. Joseph but they replace him with Tremaine Hudson. If their defense plays like they did last year they will be very competitive.

Howard will have a good offense this year if they can protect the quarterback. They have had passing scrimmages against Lookout Valley which was like they were practicing against their third team because they did whatever they wanted. They also beat Ridgeland a couple of days ago by about 3 scores. they still have all of their secondary except D. Joseph but they replace him with Tremaine Hudson. If their defense plays like they did last year they will be very competitive.

Howard only scored once in the valley passing scrimage, and on that it was their 11th play of 10 play series....

also valley once

1-1....doesn't sound like they were playin against there third team to me

What are the predictions for Region 3-3A?

Will Howard, Polk or Meigs win the Region? Can Notre Dame be a surprise? They lost a lot.

What about Tellico, Central, Grundy, Seq., East Ridge? Can any of them turn the corner?

I didn't realize ND lost much,they'll still be tough. Polk has some good young talent coming of age if they are all playing. I thought Meigs lost more than anyone,but I don't know that for sure,someone else told me that. Good question about the rest turning the corner,and it should be exciting and fun to watch play out. Every game will be key,and most should be ultra-competitive. Good luck to all,and looking forward to the season's start.

I didn't realize ND lost much,they'll still be tough. Polk has some good young talent coming of age if they are all playing. I thought Meigs lost more than anyone,but I don't know that for sure,someone else told me that. Good question about the rest turning the corner,and it should be exciting and fun to watch play out. Every game will be key,and most should be ultra-competitive. Good luck to all,and looking forward to the season's start.

Notre Dame was counted out last season and shocked the region. With discipline players and a good coach they will always be a force

Howard only scored once in the valley passing scrimage, and on that it was their 11th play of 10 play series....also valley once1-1....doesn't sound like they were playin against there third team to me

After this im done and I am not going back and forth. But why lie. LV is a bad team playing in a weak division

• 1 month later...

Personaly i think meigs and central will be a joke this year. I attended the bradley central and meigs scrimmage and wasnt impressed one bit by the tigers. If they play like they did then come Oct. 12 when they arrive at Polk County High School IT WILL BE along night for the so called "region champs"!! I'm confident that the wildcats will take the region. Also central may have alot returning but if they are the same central team as they've always have been they will lay down after the first half. ITS OUR YEAR BOY'S GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

Personaly i think meigs and central will be a joke this year. I attended the bradley central and meigs scrimmage and wasnt impressed one bit by the tigers. If they play like they did then come Oct. 12 when they arrive at Polk County High School IT WILL BE along night for the so called "region champs"!! I'm confident that the wildcats will take the region. Also central may have alot returning but if they are the same central team as they've always have been they will lay down after the first half. ITS OUR YEAR BOY'S GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

YES SIR my friend!!! I do believe you have attend one of Ole' Matt's shows before!!! You've been motivated really good and I like that. Right now your working just like a Microsoft and that's full steam ahead.... I'm starting to agree with you on Central being a joke, actually i've always agreed with that!! Polk will have some huge games at Larry Davies Stadium and there will be some great crowds there, too bad we gotta wait till mid October to watch some spanking. Well my van is in some danger down on the River so I gotta go!!!!

I think Meigs County is the favorite as long as they can stay healthy. I mean they are the defending champions and have a title to defend and have proven that they can beat anyone in Region 3-3A and they also have Howard and East Ridge at home this year which will certainly help. Meigs basically returns all lineman and still have a tough hard nosed backfield and good coaching. Their weakness is probably defensivley with the loss of last year's defensive coordinator and in the defensive secondary. I think Howard will come in second due to their blazing speed, Notre Dame and Polk with a toss up between 3rd & 4th. Polk is always a playoff contender but never a championship winner. And about the whole Central thing, I just can't pick a team to be a Championship contender in this region when they haven't even made the playoffs in the past two years. They have great returning athletes but they have had good athletes in the past and not won. Until they prove they can live up to what they say they are, I can't pick them to be a major threat in this region.

WildCat4life Who has Polk beat in a scrimmage this summer? If the Blount County papers are correct, the kittens failed to score (or score much). South Pitt took you guys to the 1A woodshed. Maybe you will score some points on Thursday. Looks like you need to worry about winning some games before you play Meigs and Central. Plus the Cats will not beat those Irish fellows anyways.

The Cats still suffering from those baseball and basketball beatdowns from the Chargers and Tigers.

WildCat4life Who has Polk beat in a scrimmage this summer? If the Blount County papers are correct, the kittens failed to score (or score much). South Pitt took you guys to the 1A woodshed. Maybe you will score some points on Thursday. Looks like you need to worry about winning some games before you play Meigs and Central. Plus the Cats will not beat those Irish fellows anyways.

The Cats still suffering from those baseball and basketball beatdowns from the Chargers and Tigers.

I saw Polk scrimmage at Cleveland against Cleveland, William Blount, and Baylor. Throw in South Pitt, and you have some pretty tough competition. Any four of those teams would coast through 3-3A. Polk held their own and made a decent showing at the Cleveland four way.

3-3A

1. Howard

2. Polk

3. Notre Dame

4. Meigs

Okay my fellow who has very lack of knowledge; Polk split with Meigs in both basketball and baseball. On Central's side, yes they beat Polk in basektball and took 2 of 3 in baseball, but this is a FOOTBALL board..... Polk has beaten Meigs 6 of the last 7 years and has beaten Central 7 straight..... Therefor you have no room what so ever to start talking about the past.....