Knox CHS 2007

footballu

I was trying to find some of the defensive players that Central had, but not sure where to find them. Blair is gone, and he is basically all they had last year. There is a huge difference in Wilson, and Cobb. Cobb is very strong, fast, and quick. He can pound it. With Wilson's past injury record not sure if he can hold up. I know he's fast, but endurance from the pounding is in question. I hope he is able to keep injury free this year. Could be a fantastic RB. I had picked him to have a breakout year this year along with Styles. As of right now they are behind Fulton at those positions. Cobb would have started for anyone in Knoxville last year. He just so happened to be behind a little better and quicker RB in Rogan.

As for defense. We will have to wait and see. In my opinion Fulton's running game would be much better than Central's due to the quicker defense of Fulton and the physical running of Cobb if he played against Central's defense. We will probably see Fulton and Central play in 09, after the re-classification. By that time things could totally change for both teams.

How can you say Blair is all they had last year! J. Owens was as good as they get at LB and C. Jeffries was a monster and rarely ran into anyone that could stop him. Centrals problem was injuries at the wrong time but such is football.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central looks like this.

QB-Strong as long as McMillan stays healthy, no proven backup.

RB-Strong as long as J.Wilson stays healthy and gets good blocking, Excellent if Saah returns and can play full speed.

Recievers-Strong with Styles, Courtney, W. McMillan and a few new kids who will come along fast.

OL remains to be seen?

DL should be strong it depends on who plays and who steps up the next few weeks.

DE should be excellent with Wolfenbarger, Hanson, I would like to see Styles at DE but Central has some fast kids for this position

LB it should be excellent if the right kids are played

DB excellent with Bridges, McMillan, Allen and a couple more that are learning and growing quick

No proven kicking game and special teams have been declining, Central will need to pick this up.

Cowboyfan71.

Would you put Morristown West in the same group with Mville, and Central as teams that Fulton and Catholic could not beat?

ruse?

Regularly? Yes. You'd struggle with Mo East as well, now that they have new coaching. Face it guys, 4A is the best football in this state. We boast record setting teams like Maryville, Hillsboro, Memphis East, Tennessee High, Memphis Melrose, etc. Even teams like Riverdale and Ooltewah would struggle against these teams, year in and year out.

Hey, I like Fulton. I had a goof friend on the last two teams at Catholic. I have rooted for both at times. Watch MHS or Central sometime and tell me you honestly think Fulton or Catholic could hang.

I saw the Fulton/Catholic reg season game last year. It was sloppy football...on both sides. Refs too haha. I dont mean disrespect, as I'm sure thats how you took it. I'm being real. I have been to the BCB in the Boro and watched all the games down there for the last 3 years. The smyrna team that beat Ravenwood last year is the only team that's concerned me vs. the 4A champ...

Fulton and Catholic could hang with all those teams. Maryville would still out smart both, but the other teams would have a hard time with those 3A powerhouses.

Although I thing Morristown East will be even better than last year, they also lost to 3A Carter by a couple of touchdowns. Carter was beaten badly by Fulton two times.

Regularly? Yes. You'd struggle with Mo East as well, now that they have new coaching. Face it guys, 4A is the best football in this state. We boast record setting teams like Maryville, Hillsboro, Memphis East, Tennessee High, Memphis Melrose, etc. Even teams like Riverdale and Ooltewah would struggle against these teams, year in and year out.

Hey, I like Fulton. I had a goof friend on the last two teams at Catholic. I have rooted for both at times. Watch MHS or Central sometime and tell me you honestly think Fulton or Catholic could hang.

I saw the Fulton/Catholic reg season game last year. It was sloppy football...on both sides. Refs too haha. I dont mean disrespect, as I'm sure thats how you took it. I'm being real. I have been to the BCB in the Boro and watched all the games down there for the last 3 years. The smyrna team that beat Ravenwood last year is the only team that's concerned me vs. the 4A champ...

Cowboyfan71.

Appreciate the perspective, and now that REBELRON starightened out my scheduling problem, I will head out and watch MOWest and Catholic. Just so we are clear though, "you'd struggle with MoEast as well...", I have no loyalty to any of the schools on this post, thread, or site. Just an old ball coach who still loves the game. Also, you get some, but very little argument from me that overall 4A has the best ball teams. I have seen Mville, Central, Melrose, Hillsboro play, and yes I do think that Fulton or Catholic could "hang" with them, maybe not beat them consistently, but "hang" with them. Sloppy football is not how I would describe Fulton or Catholic, unless I were going to describe Hillsboro the same way. If you caught any of the Central/West or Central/Bearden games last yr, you might also describe those as sloppy? Smyrna this yr, not last would give any 4A champ some concern. Now, I took no disrespect from your comments, as I would only feel wronged if I in fact did respect the presentation of your perspective; however, I don't. Your perspective may be accurate, but your presentation leaves a lot to be desired.

ruse?

Central looks like this.

QB-Strong as long as McMillan stays healthy, no proven backup.

RB-Strong as long as J.Wilson stays healthy and gets good blocking, Excellent if Saah returns and can play full speed.

Recievers-Strong with Styles, Courtney, W. McMillan and a few new kids who will come along fast.

OL remains to be seen?

DL should be strong it depends on who plays and who steps up the next few weeks.

DE should be excellent with Wolfenbarger, Hanson, I would like to see Styles at DE but Central has some fast kids for this position

LB it should be excellent if the right kids are played

DB excellent with Bridges, McMillan, Allen and a couple more that are learning and growing quick

No proven kicking game and special teams have been declining, Central will need to pick this up.

shochjockjr.

I think Central will be fine, and I hope Mr. Wilson does his best impression of Cassen Jackson. The bottom line is depth, and 2-3 yrs ago the posts never would have said "if so and so stays healthy" becuase the depth was there.

ruse?

shochjockjr.

I think Central will be fine, and I hope Mr. Wilson does his best impression of Cassen Jackson. The bottom line is depth, and 2-3 yrs ago the posts never would have said "if so and so stays healthy" becuase the depth was there.

ruse?

"ruse"

whys do you think the depth aint there, its called jumping ship. Coaches arnt developing the players and they to concerned with pleasing coaches kids and family. Its there and theres no secret about it. Central may be desent this year but the next few years will be bleek and they will continue to lose good players to Fulton and West.

"Falcons Forever"

"ruse"

whys do you think the depth aint there, its called jumping ship. Coaches arnt developing the players and they to concerned with pleasing coaches kids and family. Its there and theres no secret about it. Central may be desent this year but the next few years will be bleek and they will continue to lose good players to Fulton and West.

"Falcons Forever"

footballu.

I know, and it's just not to Fulton, and West.

ruse?

Fulton and Central should play each other every year. Both are teams with great athletes that are less than 5 miles apart from each other.

Best thing I have read posted on this thread. Then MAYBE all the whining and "what-if's" would go away.

Play the dang game!!!!!!

footballu.

I know, and it's just not to Fulton, and West.

ruse?

Yeh I hear tell they lose some to Catholic and Halls. It's not just player those, they had a couple coaches leave and i perdict that they will lose more or may even a whole new staff within two years. CENTRAL slides Fulton glides.

Ok--I can't stand it any more. Some of the things that have been said concerning Central's program are outlandish.

Let me 1st state that I did not grow up here, so I do not have the anger that seems to fester between the Bobcat and Falcon fans. I always hope that the area teams and players do well. I have been to a couple of Fulton games, and they have a good program. They should be proud.

I am not sold that Central has lost more than a couple of players to Fulton. I guess Cobb and Stinson would be two. However, just because a kid plays in the Baby Bobcat youth football does not mean he will absolutely go to Central. It is an open league and kids from anywhere can play. So the statement that Central has lost a bunch of kids is not correct. It can certainly be said that some of the kids that used to transfer to Central from the Fulton and AE areas has slowed. That probably means they are playing for the school they are zoned for. As far as the transfers of Huber, Smith and Cruze to Powell, Cruze's situation was not a football related issue. Huber transfered so that he could be more of a featured player than what he would have been at Central. Lee Smith did not want to transfer. Daryl got upset and took Lee with him to Powell. Look, stuff happens at all schools. None are perfect. Central has been the beneficiary of multiple transfers in in the past. I am sure it will happen again. What will be interesting in the future is how the re-zoning due to Hardin Valley will effect things.

As far as kids transfering to West, Catholic, etc, I'd sure like to know who those are, or are you, Footballu, just making it up as you type.

Secondly, if a slide is to 7-3 with a very beat up and injured team, I think a lot of programs would love to have that record.

Thirdly, the statement that Central does not develop talent is wrong. Coach Helton has been there 20+ years and there is a very long list of players that have recieved offers to play at the next level. Just in the last few years, several D1 players have come from the Bobcats. Probably as many as any other school in the area. Central is a regular stop on the recruiting trail because these colleges know these kids know how to play and are talented.

Next, the statement that coaches kids get preferential treatment. I can assure you that the best players play. If that happens to be a coach's son, so be it. A couple of years ago, my son had to fight for his starting position against the nephew of one of the coaches. My son won out. The better player played. It has always been that way.

The statement that Central will have a whole new coaching staff in two years must have been pulled out of the air. I hope Coach Helton's health stays good, but if for whatever reason Coach Helton decides to step down, I can almost assure you that Mac will take over that job and there will be good continuity. You might have read that Corey Larkins recently joined the Central staff. He will be very good for a lot of kids there.

Some of the statements that Central is in a downward spiral and the future appears bleak are just flame statements. With the re-zoning, I think a number of schools will be in flux in the next couple of years, Central among them. Coach Helton and several members of the staff have been at this successfully for a long time. Things have a way of working out, and I am sure that will be the case here.

Footballu, you seem to have a real ax to grind with the Bobcats. Thats fine. I encourage you to keep posting. Discussion is what drives boards like these. But some of your recent statements seem to have been made out of dislike, not fact.