Who will be the 4th seed in region 2-3A

HOGEYE75

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to be the 4th seed playoff team? Tired of talking about fulton, AE, and KC let's hear about the rest of region 2-3A.

HOGEYE.

Good question. Stone Memorial has some good athletes. Saw them in the basketball playoffs. They have a new school/facilities that will attract talent, and from what I understand a good staff. Ravenwood, and I know that is not a "apples to apples" comparison, did very well, very quickly. They are very quiet, and seem to be keeping a low profile as they enter the region; not unlike Catholic did. I believe they will sneak up on some folks sooner rather than later. AC has talent back @ the skill spots, but must replace some good players up front. I saw them against Farragut this spring, and they have work to do, like evrybody. AC is typically pretty physical, but have lacked depth recently which has hurt them particularly in the 2nd 1/2 of games late in the year. That physical play will help them early in the year, and they could slip past one of the Big 3 if they get them down early. Kingston lost a lot, and got mauled by Tyner during the spring. They have some speed, but did lose some vey good players up front, as well as Givens who might have been one of the best pure athletes in the region last year. LA, as you know is young, and it really depends on how they do early. If they can hang with or beat Smith Co. in the opener, it could give them the confidence they need. Scott Co. has a lot back, an supposedly had a QB transfer in from Texas who is pretty good. That was the one position that they did need to fill. There has been less chatter from them about how hard they are working, and how much they are lifting this summer. That is a good thing for them because it may mean that they are actually doing just that rather than writing about it. My early prediction is that Scott gets in.

ruse?

HOGEYE.

Good question. Stone Memorial has some good athletes. Saw them in the basketball playoffs. They have a new school/facilities that will attract talent, and from what I understand a good staff. Ravenwood, and I know that is not a "apples to apples" comparison, did very well, very quickly. They are very quiet, and seem to be keeping a low profile as they enter the region; not unlike Catholic did. I believe they will sneak up on some folks sooner rather than later. AC has talent back @ the skill spots, but must replace some good players up front. I saw them against Farragut this spring, and they have work to do, like evrybody. AC is typically pretty physical, but have lacked depth recently which has hurt them particularly in the 2nd 1/2 of games late in the year. That physical play will help them early in the year, and they could slip past one of the Big 3 if they get them down early. Kingston lost a lot, and got mauled by Tyner during the spring. They have some speed, but did lose some vey good players up front, as well as Givens who might have been one of the best pure athletes in the region last year. LA, as you know is young, and it really depends on how they do early. If they can hang with or beat Smith Co. in the opener, it could give them the confidence they need. Scott Co. has a lot back, an supposedly had a QB transfer in from Texas who is pretty good. That was the one position that they did need to fill. There has been less chatter from them about how hard they are working, and how much they are lifting this summer. That is a good thing for them because it may mean that they are actually doing just that rather than writing about it. My early prediction is that Scott gets in.

ruse?

Wouldn't it be a huge surprise if one of them teams wins the whole region but in this region it doesn't really matter who wins the region. As long as you make the playoffs you never know what can happen. Do you know how much talent Smith County has got and how many seniors they have? I figured they lost a lot of good players from last years team As for region 2-3A, Scott will have a good chance to go this year. LA has got a lot of young players with talent but what will matter is how those young players develope between now and the first game. They have been working hard though i think they will bounce back after last year. Kingston had a good year last year i don't think they will make the playoffs again, I don't know much about Stone Memorial I am like you I think they may slip up on some teams because nobody knows anything about them. AC not having a lot of depth will wear them down as the season goes but hey it's region 2-3A anything can happen on any given friday.

I`m going with scott, ruse you hit it right on seems like

there is a lot less talking this year less talk and more

work is always a good thing.

GO BIG RED!

Hey writin_on_the wall.

Yes it is a good thing, and in addition, crow is a nasty, gamey, bitter dish.

scott gets it

D-They got EVERYONE COMING BACK just all now bigger stronger and faster

O-Jaurez is gonna be the ? Chambers giving Jeffers breathers will help and Buttram at TE will help alot.

Scott gets it maybe even the 3rd

What?......So what if they have everybody coming back on D, they gave up like 50 points to the big 3 in every game! Just because Rogan, Anderson, and Smith are gone don't think all 3 of theses teams won't put up atleast 40 points on Scott Co. Too Big, Too Fast, and Too Talented for Scott to come in 3rd! Also to be 3rd, you actually have to score more than a touchdown.......AC gets 4th.