PITCHING

baseballfan36

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if theres a high school kid throwing 125(+) pitches every 4-6 days, then they can consider themselves a man among boys.

ive never heard of anyone capable of "accomplishing" this feat, much less a coach that is willing to push a kid that far. id hope there isnt anyone doing this to players anywhere in the state.

if theres a high school kid throwing 125(+) pitches every 4-6 days, then they can consider themselves a man among boys.

ive never heard of anyone capable of "accomplishing" this feat, much less a coach that is willing to push a kid that far. id hope there isnt anyone doing this to players anywhere in the state.

Wow, I didn't know anyone in H.S. was getting paid $10,000,000 a year.

WHO WILL BE THE TOP HURLER NEXT YEAR??

there's a rumor going around a kid from the brentwood bulldogs is in the 90s, someone said he's 6'5' 205. They say his last two outing,s he has struck out 28 in 14 innings. Has anyone heard this I believe his last name is Stem

there's a rumor going around a kid from the brentwood bulldogs is in the 90s, someone said he's 6'5' 205. They say his last two outing,s he has struck out 28 in 14 innings. Has anyone heard this I believe his last name is Stem

His name is Craig Stem. I've played with him a little bit this summer. he goes to DCA he had an off year this year in school ball. This summer he is throwing 92 with 4 pitches he can throw at anytime, his slider is nasty

His name is Craig Stem. I've played with him a little bit this summer. he goes to DCA he had an off year this year in school ball. This summer he is throwing 92 with 4 pitches he can throw at anytime, his slider is nasty

Lefty or righty? We played the bulldogs at Austin Peay. Lefty threw very well against us, but he wasn't that big. He was the best I saw from them that weekend. maybe this kid wasn't there.

I guess I'm amazed at the number of people that still think velocity is what gets people out. What do players play the game for? And I'm not trying to undermind the posters on here that talk about velocity. We are all trying to get to college ball and a few of us will get drafted. Who cares if you can throw 90+ in high school. 90+ in college and pro ball is the same as a 80-85 fastball in high school. The question should be who spots the ball the best in high school because if you can't spot then your going to get drilled. Who can throw a change up in a 3-1 count? Who are the actual pitchers and then who are just throwers? I'm no professional but I did play college ball. I don't say that to say that I am better than anybody because I am not. I was just an average high school player and an average college ball player so this post is just what I think about this topic.

Wow, I didn't know anyone in H.S. was getting paid $10,000,000 a year.

am i wrong for thinking that most pitchers are going to throw every 4-6 days in high school? most schools dont have 8-9 pitchers that start/relieve/close out games.

maybe im crazy, but thats how we do it where i come from cause we usually have either 4-5 or 5-6 guys that throw the majority of the innings throughout the spring season.....then again, 9 state titles just happens to every school in this state, right? haha.

I guess I'm amazed at the number of people that still think velocity is what gets people out. What do players play the game for? And I'm not trying to undermind the posters on here that talk about velocity. We are all trying to get to college ball and a few of us will get drafted. Who cares if you can throw 90+ in high school. 90+ in college and pro ball is the same as a 80-85 fastball in high school. The question should be who spots the ball the best in high school because if you can't spot then your going to get drilled. Who can throw a change up in a 3-1 count? Who are the actual pitchers and then who are just throwers? I'm no professional but I did play college ball. I don't say that to say that I am better than anybody because I am not. I was just an average high school player and an average college ball player so this post is just what I think about this topic.

i would agree. its tough to get outs when you cant put the ball anywhere near the plate.

guess it goes back to the thought that you cant teach velocity, but you can coach control. i suppose its up to the individual to form their own opinion. thank goodness for free speech.

You are right velocity does not get people out, but if you are a righty try and get noticed if you are throwing 85mph these days.