Who's the strongest in 2A the west, middle, or east?

xriv

Everybody has been playing for second best the past 3 years!!!!! Also looking at Smith County's record in the playoffs, the barely got past a 4-8 Boyd Buchanan. Our second best team in CPA beat them by 31 points in the first game of the season... What do you think would have happened if our best team would have played them. Not to mention you were in one of the worst regions in 2a, the only one that is worse was Gatlinburg Pitman's region. If Smith Co. was in Goodpasture's region they would be lucky to get third. But again this is my honest opinion, I am not a GP fan just have watched them. I dont even think they will win there region this year. So I dont need to hear this year is different, because I know this. Sorry I didnt quote anything you said. Smith County's region is middle if you ask me..

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Everybody has been playing for second best the past 3 years!!!!! Also looking at Smith County's record in the playoffs, the barely got past a 4-8 Boyd Buchanan. Our second best team in CPA beat them by 31 points in the first game of the season... What do you think would have happened if our best team would have played them. Not to mention you were in one of the worst regions in 2a, the only one that is worse was Gatlinburg Pitman's region. If Smith Co. was in Goodpasture's region they would be lucky to get third. But again this is my honest opinion, I am not a GP fan just have watched them. I dont even think they will win there region this year. So I dont need to hear this year is different, because I know this. Sorry I didnt quote anything you said. Smith County's region is middle if you ask me..

You are right about everyone being behind Alcoa...... and you have your own opinions about Sc...and I'll have mine. I would dare say you have seen about as much football east of Nashville as I have west of Nashville. If you want to make comparisons by "our 2nd best...beat them by 31"....let's see .... ALcoa beat Smith Co. by 28 (42-14)...Alcoa beat Goodpasture by what..............28 (31-3)......the same amount.......I'm not sure but it looks like your theory works in MY favor.

Anyway.....it makes no difference.....and you may be right...............although I will take exception to your statement about region 4. 1 of the worst...only one worse Gat.Pit Again, I don't believe believe you've seen much football east of Nashville . I'm waiting for you to say that region 6 (where Harpeth plays)...is better than region 4.

You are right about everyone being behind Alcoa...... and you have your own opinions about Sc...and I'll have mine. I would dare say you have seen about as much football east of Nashville as I have west of Nashville. If you want to make comparisons by "our 2nd best...beat them by 31"....let's see .... ALcoa beat Smith Co. by 28 (42-14)...Alcoa beat Goodpasture by what..............28 (31-3)......the same amount.......I'm not sure but it looks like your theory works in MY favor.

Anyway.....it makes no difference.....and you may be right...............although I will take exception to your statement about region 4. 1 of the worst...only one worse Gat.Pit Again, I don't believe believe you've seen much football east of Nashville . I'm waiting for you to say that region 6 (where Harpeth plays)...is better than region 4.

DId I say that???? Region 5 which was Harpeth's region last year was by far better than region 4. And "our 2nd best...beat them by 31" has nothing to do with the comparison of Smith Co. vs. Alcoa and Goodpasture vs. Alcoa(state championship). I do understand that anything can be compared. What I meant by that was I think that our second best team(CPA) could beat Smith Co.

Now I dont know about region 4 this year, but if they are as bad as last year then I will say region 6 will be better than region 4. Westmorland and Smith Co. were the only two teams that could compete last year, while Lewis Co., Fairview, and Richland competed just fine last year. The only problem being they were associated with CPA and GP in the first two rounds.

Guest Termite

Your comparison was Boyd and CPA.....CPA (2nd best team in the region) beat them by 31 and Smith Co. bearly beat then in the playoffs.......using your same theory...Smith Co. and Goodpasture would be evenly matched. They were both beaten by 28. We'll never know. By far the better region...maybe from # 4 on down.....Our top 2 or 3 can usually hold their on with any 2a school....and I said usually...not always.

Enough about coulda...shoulda.........what if....may have.

This year region 4 should be about the same...I think....Smith and Westmoreland should be at the top. Upperman and York should be 3-4........ Will they be strong????.........look at the middle of November and see if a region 4 team is hanging around.........as well as Alcoa..Goodpasture..Milan..CPA...etc.......

Your comparison was Boyd and CPA.....CPA (2nd best team in the region) beat them by 31 and Smith Co. bearly beat then in the playoffs.......using your same theory...Smith Co. and Goodpasture would be evenly matched. They were both beaten by 28. We'll never know. By far the better region...maybe from # 4 on down.....Our top 2 or 3 can usually hold their on with any 2a school....and I said usually...not always.

Enough about coulda...shoulda.........what if....may have.

This year region 4 should be about the same...I think....Smith and Westmoreland should be at the top. Upperman and York should be 3-4........ Will they be strong????.........look at the middle of November and see if a region 4 team is hanging around.........as well as Alcoa..Goodpasture..Milan..CPA...etc.......

I agree, and right now since this is what we are talking about(or what the topic is about). This is how I see it....

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. CPA

4/5. Goodpasture, Smith Co.(could go either way)

Oh and I will be seeing a lot of east tennessee football come this fall, because I will be attending school out east(tennessee tech). But you are right, I dont know that much about east football.

i'm a realist, but i do love dem dawgs. milan should go to state with their returning talent, but their new transfer QB has yet to prove himself. so i'll give the edge to alcoa if they meet at the boro. the dawgs will have to wait 1 more year. GO DAWGS!!!!!

If they are going to do it it will have to be this year.The Alcoa Freshman class of last year has a lot of talent and they are huge. The Robinson kid will be a force on both sides of the ball at TE and DE. They got a Cobb type QB in Chase James. Hopkey will be able to move anyone and anything here in a year. Some other kids that have great size that should be pretty good is Walden, Midkiff, DeArmond, Borden, and Burchfield. That is just the ones i know of. The Juniors This year have a great supporting Class for the Sophomore class with Hickman, Thompson, Sudderth, and Miles. Then this Year Freshman class is suposed to be even better than the Lindsey Warren Class with the cousins of Lindsey and Warren being in this class. So if you dont do it this year its going to take you 4 or 5 more years to do it.

If they are going to do it it will have to be this year.The Alcoa Freahman class of last year has a lot of talent and they are huge. The Robinson kid will be a force on both sides of the ball at TE and DE. They got a Cobb type QB in Chase James. Hopkey will be able to move anyone and anything here in a year. Some other kids that have great size that should be preaty good is Walden, Midkiff, DeArmond, Borden, and Burchfeild. That is just the ones i know of. The Juniors This year have a graet supporting Class for the Sophomore class with Hickman, Thompson, Sudderth, and Miles. Then this Year Freshman class is soposed to be even better than the Lindsey Warren Class with the cousins of Lindsey and Warren being in this class. So if you dont do it this year its going to take you 4 or 5 more years to do it.

that might be true but Alcoa is not the only team in Tn 2A, and im guessing other teams have the same strengths too, Alcoa isn't the only place where there is talent booming.

If they are going to do it it will have to be this year.The Alcoa Freahman class of last year has a lot of talent and they are huge. The Robinson kid will be a force on both sides of the ball at TE and DE. They got a Cobb type QB in Chase James. Hopkey will be able to move anyone and anything here in a year. Some other kids that have great size that should be preaty good is Walden, Midkiff, DeArmond, Borden, and Burchfeild. That is just the ones i know of. The Juniors This year have a graet supporting Class for the Sophomore class with Hickman, Thompson, Sudderth, and Miles. Then this Year Freshman class is soposed to be even better than the Lindsey Warren Class with the cousins of Lindsey and Warren being in this class. So if you dont do it this year its going to take you 4 or 5 more years to do it.

I have to disagree with ya. Milan is loaded as well and should only get better the next couple of years.

I have to disagree with ya. Milan is loaded as well and should only get better the next couple of years.

Disagree all you want. The talent coming in the next couple of years at Alcoa will be mine boggling.

One thought........................Alcoa's Middle school team finally beat Maryville Middle last season. That game ended 50-0!

Get loaded Milan cause Alcoa's has it coming.

that might be true but Alcoa is not the only team in Tn 2A, and im guessing other teams have the same strengths too, Alcoa isn't the only place where there is talent booming.

I just saying that some people are saying that this 8th grade class might be one of the best to come through Alcoa. And they had some pretty good teams. They havent been beaten by a 2A team since Nov. 29 of 2003 when they had three Senior starters and the rest were freshman and sophomores.The closet game since was the state game in 2004 52-41 and trust me no 2A team is going to score 41 on Rankins defense. the last two state games have been 55-13, and 31-3. and in the 55-13 win they were missing two D-1 defense ends. The only way a 2A team is going to beat them is if they can match there speed and out coach them. and so far no team has showed signs of either.

I just saying that some people are saying that this 8th grade class might be one of the best to come through Alcoa. And they had some pretty good teams. They havent been beaten by a 2A team since Nov. 29 of 2003 when they had three Senior starters and the rest were freshman and sophomores.The closet game since was the state game in 2004 52-41 and trust me no 2A team is going to score 41 on Rankins defense. the last two state games have been 55-13, and 31-3. and in the 55-13 win they were missing two D-1 defense ends. The only way a 2A team is going to beat them is if they can match there speed and out coach them. and so far no team has showed signs of either.

I know, I know...Alcoa is the greatest high school team to ever take the field. No football team past or present of any level has ever or will ever match them. They will continue to win state every year for ever and ever and ever. In the future they will start awarding the team that comes in second and they will just leave the gold ball in Alcoa for the rest of time. From now on we wont talk about what team will win state but what team will have the honor of loosing to a team as great as the Alcoa tornadoes. They will soon start playing their 5th graders on the varsity team so when they get up by 100 points or more they will have someone on the playing level of their competition to put in the game. God just makes the people within 100 square miles of Alcoa naturally better at football and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. No rising freshmen or 8th graders or any grade could ever be as talented as Alcoa's. All hail to thee and here's hoping for that silver ball.