David Hockenberry.

TeRrAnCe_JaY21

I believe that Siegal came out the best on this "trade" of players within the district. Lavon Tate is a player and will make Siegal alot better. I've seen both play and Tate is a more polished player with a bigger upside than the Hockenberry kid at this point an time. Don't get me wrong Hockenberry will definitely help Oakland and he's a good player in his own right but he's not on the level of a Lavon Tate.

Siegel is a pretty good team without Tate, so I dont think he is going to change things that much. I agree with you about Hockenberry and Tate, but I want to see if the coaches at Siegel can develop his game like his potential indicates

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he might replace him but i will tell you this i have seen both play and i strongly belive hockenberry is better we shall see who does better for their new school

You are obviously saying this because Hockenberry went to Oakland. If you've seen both play then there is no way you can say that. Tate is and will be a better player than Hockenberry. I'm taking anything away from Hockenberry the kid has some skills but Tate will play D1 college ball. Tate is the real deal and will only get better. His best ball is still in front of him.

Harris isn't known for developing what talent he was blessed with. I think Tate would have been better off going to either Blackman or Oakland where sound foundamentals are taught as well as discipline. I think Chaisson Allen will testify to that.

harris wont make anybody better he doesnt even practice to make his team better.................every once once in a while you would think a basketball team would work on some fundamentals instead of running and playing 5 on 5 all the time..

harris wont make anybody better he doesnt even practice to make his team better.................every once once in a while you would think a basketball team would work on some fundamentals instead of running and playing 5 on 5 all the time..

Either way the big loser here is Cookeville as i thought they would have been able to compete with anyone in 7AAA but with him transferring it does make it more difficult.

Hockenberry will be a nice addition for Oakland, but its not like they got the number one prospect in the country to switch schools. Hockenberry is a good kid, but needs to work on a lot of things in order to step his game up. David is good for the amount of minutes he has logged so far in his high school career, but he needs to mature in a lot of aspects of his game if he wants to be a big time player for Oakland.