Matt Miller New Head Coach at Cully!

jamieroper

My wife was told today that Matt Miller will take over as head coach of the girl's basketball program at Cully this next year.

I told Coach Miller 2 years ago that he needed to be coaching girls because he is a teacher. That is, he still wants to teach the fundlementals. It is much harder, in my opinion, to get high school boys to listen and to want to learn the proper way to set a screen or to block out or to do the little things that win games. All boys want to do is to view the best dunks (not all but allot). Girl's in high school basketball appear to be more acceptable to learning new things than are boys. Being a teacher of fundlemental basketball, Coach Miller may have found his calling. Who knows? Just my opinion. But expect the Cully girls to start getting better.

Good luck to Coach Miller. I hope you get the chance to run your own team over at Cully. They have great fans and if you can show them that success is on the way, those crazy folks that scream for the boy's team over there will also support the girls.

If this is not true about Coach Miller taking over as Girl's head coach, then disregard this post. Ha ha.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!. I hope it works out for him and he gets to settle down for a while.

The old coach at Cully seemed to yell allot but he had the girls playing with more fire and desire. I hope he does well. Cully has some talented girls over there. Shoot, you know all those basketball playing, high flying boys have sisters. They just play other sports. Get them on the court and motivated and they can start winning some games.

Plus, a 3 win season would be a success. If Miller could win 5 games, they would name a street after him!

They need to build them another barn to play in over there. It is not nice.

Girl's basketball is still made up of allot of haves and have nots. A pretty good coach could get to 500 ball pretty quickly.

I am not saying he went to Hampshire as I have no idea. I was asking a question. I don't know if the hampshire job was still open or if it was already filled. Need info from someone that knows. I was hoping coach Woods would take that position. Anyone???

kw