Baylor and McCallie

Chattcity

I see both schools are playing new teams this year. McCallie plays Marshall County (Kentucky), Hardeeville (SC) and Franklin. Glad to see a 5A coming in although it's probably a good year to play McCallie.

Baylor plays St. Anne's-Belfield (Va) and Fort Walton Beach. Anyone know anything about these 4 out of stae schools?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall County played 4A ball (highest class) in KY last year and went 7-4, losing in the first round of the playoffs by 5 to Warren Central, which lost by 4 in the third round to Henderson County, which lost by 31 to Ryle in the fourth round, which lost by 34 to Trinity in the finals (I bring these up only for moderate perspective because Trinity's only loss last year was to MBA). MCHS is playing in 6A this year (KY goes to 6 football classes this year).

Hardeeville is, I believe, in its first year of football.

FWB went 3-7 in 2006 in 4A ball (6 classes in Florida), including a 26-11 loss to Niceville, which McCallie split a series 1-1 with a few years ago.

St. Anne's went 11-0 in 2006 versus a lot of relatively weak privates (i.e., nothing on the level that Baylor faces in its league) and won state in VISFA 2 (one of three private leagues).

Our 3 Chattanooga teams from last years schedule did not reknew the contract. Central we played a 2 year contract with at Finley and East Ridge's 2 year contract ended also last year. We played East Ridge both times at East Ridge as a part of the contract. Boyd Buc's 4 year contract ended last year. Wish we had a few local teams besides McCallie but the new additions mentioned in earlier posts....will be top quality.

quote name='lookerr2255' date='Jul 13 2007 - 08:32 AM' post='826486022']

What does Mccallie and Baylor bring to the table in the area of players? I read today that Willie Idelette has returned to Baylor and was told that Baylor has moved the Mccallie game to their stadium instead of Finley.

I heard that Willie was coming back to Baylor but don't know what capacity. His brother will be a senior at Baylor this year. Baylor is the home team for the Baylor/McCallie game this year. Thankfully, Baylor chose to bring it back on campus this year. McCallie can do it if they chose but I think they like it at Finley. I for one love the campus feel to it and even though having at Finley Stadium makes for alot more seating and parking. That is not what it should always be about. Kudos to Coach Massey for bringing this game back to Baylor this year.

I wonder if Baylor will be guaranteeing the safety of visitors cars. I've had red "B's" painted on my at Finley in the past! Also wonder what their traffic control plans are? I understand that McCallie will have very limited tickets.

It seems to me that both schools should be responsible for safety of people's cars since it is a Finley. Its been awhile since I went to a game at Finley but I don't recall the stadium being at Baylor's campus.

quote name='lookerr2255' date='Jul 13 2007 - 08:32 AM' post='826486022']What does Mccallie and Baylor bring to the table in the area of players? I read today that Willie Idelette has returned to Baylor and was told that Baylor has moved the Mccallie game to their stadium instead of Finley.I heard that Willie was coming back to Baylor but don't know what capacity. His brother will be a senior at Baylor this year. Baylor is the home team for the Baylor/McCallie game this year. Thankfully, Baylor chose to bring it back on campus this year. McCallie can do it if they chose but I think they like it at Finley. I for one love the campus feel to it and even though having at Finley Stadium makes for alot more seating and parking. That is not what it should always be about. Kudos to Coach Massey for bringing this game back to Baylor this year.

back on campus! thats the way it is suppose to be.

It seems to me that both schools should be responsible for safety of people's cars since it is a Finley. Its been awhile since I went to a game at Finley but I don't recall the stadium being at Baylor's campus.back on campus! thats the way it is suppose to be.

Sounds like Baylor believes it can break the losing streak if they hold the game on campus, so I did some research and discovered that the last time these two teams play on Bayor's campus McCallie won the game.

Those anyone no about the two teams players?

Baylor always had the game on campus until construction at the entrance prohibited it the last 2 times Baylor was the home team. I think that has always been Baylor's preference and I think it is the choice of the home team. I think McCallie won the last 3 times the game has been played at Baylor.

Both teams have some good skill players returning although both lost a lot too. McCallie has the most to replace but have good returners with, among others, Reggie Poindexter, Johnny Newman, and Jay Fullam. I have been told Fullam is the best football player they have and he is a good one. It will be interesting to see if Coach Whitt moves Fullam to the offensive side. I'll bet he plays both ways.

Baylor returns Tyler Massey, Wesley Idlette and Evan Joseph. Idlette and Joseph played mostly defense last year but with the loss of Kevin Cooper, someone needs to be able to run the ball.

I think both teams will be down from last year but both will be competitive. I predict 7-3 for both.