Baylor and McCallie

Chattcity

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattcity you are right. Baylor has always wanted it home and home...or at least at Baylor when it is their time. Yes, it is the right of the home team to pick location and Baylor's entrance did keep them from having it at home a few times. Both teams lost plenty but return good players. From what I hear (if sportstalk and stumponsports know) they predict Baylor to be very good this year. Stump has them at #2 behind Red Bank. That surprised me some since they lost talent....but maybe. I think most teams would prefer to play at home when it is their turn. Sounds like a good decision for them. Go Lions!

Chattcity you are right. Baylor has always wanted it home and home...or at least at Baylor when it is their time. Yes, it is the right of the home team to pick location and Baylor's entrance did keep them from having it at home a few times. Both teams lost plenty but return good players. From what I hear (if sportstalk and stumponsports know) they predict Baylor to be very good this year. Stump has them at #2 behind Red Bank. That surprised me some since they lost talent....but maybe. I think most teams would prefer to play at home when it is their turn. Sounds like a good decision for them. Go Lions!

Does that mean Stump and Sportstalk picked Baylor over Ooltewah?

I wonder if Baylor will be guaranteeing the safety of visitors cars. I've had red "B's" painted on my at Finley in the past! Also wonder what their traffic control plans are? I understand that McCallie will have very limited tickets.

Bluemom i don't think anyone can "guarantee" anything like that. McCallie couldn't either. I am sure that a few Baylor people had something similar done like you are talking about by some overzelous McCallie fan. Anytime that a team is the "visiting" team they do get limited tickets. Thats just the way it is and always has been. I don't blame Baylor at all. Playing on your on campus is so much better even if not as many people can come. I think that both teams handle themselves well and I am alittle surprised to see a football mom try to slam the rival. Unusual.

From what I hear (if sportstalk and stumponsports know) they predict Baylor to be very good this year. Stump has them at #2 behind Red Bank. That surprised me some since they lost talent....but maybe.

Baylor did take some hits, but from what I've seen of Tyler Massey, he's a game changer, and he's the best QB in the league IMO. Stellar QB play has been the cornerstone of all the DII-AAA/Large champions.

Baylor did take some hits, but from what I've seen of Tyler Massey, he's a game changer, and he's the best QB in the league IMO. Stellar QB play has been the cornerstone of all the DII-AAA/Large champions.

I agree RRR. McCallie has had plenty of firepower over the past several years but they sure have had the QBs to load that firepower. Coleman and Ryan Moore specifically. Don't get much better than that.

I still say BA will win it all this year. IMO they now have the best coach to go along with the best talent. The only drawback may be whether they can adapt to Potterball immediately but I think they are the team to beat.