Best teams in west Tenn.

hawkpower

who do most of you guys got to win 6 and 7-3a and why I know that Southside lost a lot to graduation and that their region is no longer just a region they can dominate year in and year out

When has their region ever been one that they con dominate year in and year out? Week 10 has been a showdown for them for a long time. Thats the Lexington week, and it usually determines which 1 is the higher seed. Well, except in 1994 when they both got grouped in with Collierville. The Dragons were #1 from opening day. Hardin Co. was either going to be #2 or #3 .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who do most of you guys got to win 6 and 7-3a and why I know that Southside lost a lot to graduation and that their region is no longer just a region they can dominate year in and year out but coach Hayes seems to field a good team each and every year they bring back Ken James #45 the FB/LB hes got plenty of experience at fullback starting a few games for them he was at DE the past two years now he is moved to LB and should be able to add some size they also bring back #51 Bubba Plemons he might not be big but he can hit and he brings it all every play, they also they bring back #50 Carey Dean who pretty much started or split time with #55 their best OL from last year Mario Rose who should anchor the OL #51 was also the center on the OL from last year he will return and he has added a little weight also they will bring back Micheal Newbern the wideout from last year he will be back he will also get some time at back this year and #88 Keenan Nance is back he started the first few games last year due to someone's injury so he has some experience, Bolivar they bring back their QB for his junior campaign as well as some of the line I believe and Cordell Tucker there huge RB, but their strength could be the DL if they field a line as large as they were last year, Fayette Ware lost Wade Bonner but should be alright returning one of the two QB's that played last year and their defense should be alright if Ricky Holloway and the D is as good as talked about

as for 7-3a I would have to go with Dyesburg who bring back plenty of experience from a good team in 06 but I wouldn't count out Crockett they seem to reload instead of rebuild every year and there defense should be alright bringing back some of their LB's from last season also Covington, Haywood as well they always seem to field a big and talented team year in and year out overall this region always seems to pack teams that are ready to explode and have a big season

Punctuation can be your friend.

Dyersburg returns 6 starters on offense, including no receivers. Dyersburg returns 4 or 5 starters on defense--including 1 of 3 defensive backs, 1 of 4 linebackers, and lost their top 2 defensive tackles.

Region 7 3-A clearly should be at its weakest since its recent creation--Crockett graduated 19 of its top 22 players, including every starter on offense and defense; Covington has new coaches and listed 17 seniors on last year's roster; Ripley lost its top defensive players; Obion Central lost its coaching staff and much of its offense to Dyersburg and to graduation; Dyer County lost Flowers, which was 80% of its offense. Haywood is the only team in the region which has a reasonable chance of being better than it was in 2006.

dyersburg started 2 sophmores at d tackle and only used the 2 seniors when on goalline ive got all the fils if you would like them thorton and cork started

Heh, gotta love TeH GRAmMeRRR NAtsEEs.

Camden will be returning a strong defensive line. Highlighting this crew are the likes of Jimmy Lee Kenniston, Kyle Combs, and Davey Miller. All are returning starters. Also in the mix will be 'Bill' Latendresse and Michael Guajardo. I know these boys are all very strong and quick. They also saw a lot of playing time last season and in the playoffs. The linebacking crew will once again be headed up by Chase Horton and he will be . The defense looked very strong this spring against 1a foes McKenzie and Union City.

On offense, you'll get to see returning starters at quarterback, wide receiver and tight end. Unfortunately, we won't be seeing any Boyds this year. Spencer Berry will look to improve the Lions' passing game in his second year under center. Leon Williams will look to pick up the slack carrying the ball out of the backfield and off of the wing.

When has their region ever been one that they con dominate year in and year out? Week 10 has been a showdown for them for a long time. Thats the Lexington week, and it usually determines which 1 is the higher seed. Well, except in 1994 when they both got grouped in with Collierville. The Dragons were #1 from opening day. Hardin Co. was either going to be #2 or #3 .

your right lexington has been a tough team for them but overall most teams in that region weren't that strong up until last year. Bolivar up until last year people there were always just counting down the days to basketball but i dont think that will be the case now. Fayette Ware with Coach Thompson, yeah some people might not like but he is a good coach they're a team that should be in the mix to.

How about McNairy what are there expectations some say they may finish 3rd in the region in front of Southside is this their year to make a step forward, or will it be one or two more years before you see them being at the top. Or what about Chester Co. not trying to say anything bad but they seem to not have been able to compete. Where do you seem them going this year and maybe the next? How do you think Coach Driggers will do at Obion previous job was defensive co. for Southside. Myself believe that they might not be the best in the region but I believe that they'll each and every team hard Coach Driggers seems to be a good motivator to get the kids out there and want to hit. Or is to early for him to have become a head coach, or is the team not talented now having lost Logan Parker to Dyesburg.

dyersburg started 2 sophmores at d tackle and only used the 2 seniors when on goalline ive got all the fils if you would like them thorton and cork started

You HAVE the files? I CREATED those files. Beginning around mid-season, Beasley and Tettleton came into the game on short yardage and sure running formations all over the field. The two played all but 2 defensive series in the Crockett County game, including all 3rd and short situations. After the off-week in mid-season and the coming of cooler weather and the crucial regional games, Beasley and Tettleton played more and more. They played 90% of the defensive snaps against Covington and Haywood. The same is true of the playoffs. In fact, it was Tettleton who ran down and sacked Torry, the Mitchell QB on the crucial 4th down in the first playoff game. That was on the Mitchell 27 yard line--hardly a goalline situation. Even if you decide not to consider Tettleton and Beasley "starters," that still leaves 3 starting senior linebackers--Elam, Livingston, and Chapman and 2 DB's--Cherry and Thompson, who were seniors. There is no question that the Trojans lost 5 of 7 people in the secondary. If you decide not to count Beasley and Tettleton as starters, that leaves 6 returning defensive starters, not 8. If you count those 2, that leaves 4 returning defensive starters, not 8.

Wishing things were true does not make them true.

S.S. QB will be alright the guy you have seen most of the time when the game was out of reach for the other team is the starter for now #15 he is tall and is smart and has a good arm. But there is another QB moving up in the ranks he hasn't played QB for Southside yet he was one of the LB's that would get in about the same time as #15 or you could say the second team his number last year was 52 but now since the change to QB he's #7 he's just about as tall, a little stronger and more athletic than #15 but not as smart and read the play as well so it should be interesting.

#15-Will Masoud

#52 past number/ present number #7-Ethan Cain

who do most of you guys got to win 6 and 7-3a and why I know that Southside lost a lot to graduation and that their region is no longer just a region they can dominate year in and year out but coach Hayes seems to field a good team each and every year they bring back Ken James #45 the FB/LB hes got plenty of experience at fullback starting a few games for them he was at DE the past two years now he is moved to LB and should be able to add some size they also bring back #51 Bubba Plemons he might not be big but he can hit and he brings it all every play, they also they bring back #50 Carey Dean who pretty much started or split time with #55 their best OL from last year Mario Rose who should anchor the OL #51 was also the center on the OL from last year he will return and he has added a little weight also they will bring back Micheal Newbern the wideout from last year he will be back he will also get some time at back this year and #88 Keenan Nance is back he started the first few games last year due to someone's injury so he has some experience, Bolivar they bring back their QB for his junior campaign as well as some of the line I believe and Cordell Tucker there huge RB, but their strength could be the DL if they field a line as large as they were last year, Fayette Ware lost Wade Bonner but should be alright returning one of the two QB's that played last year and their defense should be alright if Ricky Holloway and the D is as good as talked about

as for 7-3a I would have to go with Dyesburg who bring back plenty of experience from a good team in 06 but I wouldn't count out Crockett they seem to reload instead of rebuild every year and there defense should be alright bringing back some of their LB's from last season also Covington, Haywood as well they always seem to field a big and talented team year in and year out overall this region always seems to pack teams that are ready to explode and have a big season

Man that is one long sentence that still hasn't ended. Give me a P.....Give me an E.....Give me a R......Give me an I......Give me an O......Give me a D.......WHAT DOES IT SPELL!!!!!.....PERIOD ........ONE MORE TIME.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!