Best teams in west Tenn.

hawkpower

I agree that Crockett and Dyersburg are among the top in 3a. In 2a Milan should be at the top with Trenton close behind. Traditionally Trenton hasn’t been at the top but last year they had a very good team and they will return a lot of talent this year.

milan is traditionally a good team my main focus is on defense how is their defense going to look and who looks to be the playmaker for them this year, and trenton do they still have their qb i cant seem to remember his name but he pretty good job last season and will he have the same weapons to throw to or will he have to get acquianted with some new wideouts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Crockett and Dyersburg are among the top in 3a. In 2a Milan should be at the top with Trenton close behind. Traditionally Trenton hasn’t been at the top but last year they had a very good team and they will return a lot of talent this year.

Milan played crockett in a scrimmage a few months ago howd it go howd crockett look??

milan is traditionally a good team my main focus is on defense how is their defense going to look and who looks to be the playmaker for them this year, and trenton do they still have their qb i cant seem to remember his name but he pretty good job last season and will he have the same weapons to throw to or will he have to get acquianted with some new wideouts

Our defense should be solid. We moved Treadwell who was a tight end last year to LB. Trevino Moore will also be LB with Brian Bledsoe at the safety position. The defensive line should be similar to last year and the DBs will be hard to throw against and scary to catch against. They like to hit as much as they like to intercept passes.

Milan played crockett in a scrimmage a few months ago howd it go howd crockett look??

They looked less talented than last year but still good. Milan looked bad mainly due to the fact that our inability to effectively take a snap made the whole team look sloppy. Crockett won; they have a good team and a good coach. They should do well this year but may not be as overwhelmingly talented as last year's team.

I agree that Alex Watkins might not have been as good as advertised but he still was a good player i dont know about his junior campaign i wouldnt know so ill just take your opinion on it as far as Gavin Hardin from JCM I saw him play last year and yes he very physical and when the play comes to him he really make a hit but against Southside I think I saw his only weakness in his tendency to overpursue becuase where ever the play would go thats where he would go and the first thing he saw was what he hit he wasnt exactlly playing as a de it was more of a 3-4 in which they would as the strongside linebacker and wherever the strong side was that as side he lined up on, on the line so i can see where you could have thought he was playing de but he might have put his hand down in a few games that i didnt see but overall i think he is a good player and is going to get better with experience I expect him to have a good season maybe even an all-state season at mlb where its easy to read your keys

Our defense should be solid. We moved Treadwell who was a tight end last year to LB. Trevino Moore will also be LB with Brian Bledsoe at the safety position. The defensive line should be similar to last year and the DBs will be hard to throw against and scary to catch against. They like to hit as much as they like to intercept passes.

I had heard about Treadwell last year will he continue to play tight end as well or will he be devoted to LB, about how big is he does he have any D-1 schools looking at them and what Trevino Moore are either one all-state type players and D-1 recruits

They looked less talented than last year but still good. Milan looked bad mainly due to the fact that our inability to effectively take a snap made the whole team look sloppy. Crockett won; they have a good team and a good coach. They should do well this year but may not be as overwhelmingly talented as last year's team.

Thanks for the info ...one more thing did they pass or run the ball ...which did they do most of or which looked the best passing game or running???

I had heard about Treadwell last year will he continue to play tight end as well or will he be devoted to LB, about how big is he does he have any D-1 schools looking at them and what Trevino Moore are either one all-state type players and D-1 recruits

They moved tredwell tenativley to fullback and pretty certain to LB. Hes not the biggest player but hes very strong and has execelent hands and he's very smart. He's also our punter and a very good one at that. Moore will be receiver/LB and if his grades are good enough may be recruited. Not sure about Tredwell.

Who do most of you guys got to win 6 and 7-3a and why? I know that Southside lost a lot to graduation and that their region other than Lexington which usually gives them a good game is no longer just a region they can dominate year in and year out. But coach Hayes seems to field a good team each and every year. They bring back Ken James #45 the FB/LB hes got plenty of experience at fullback starting a few games for them he was at DE the past two years now he is moved to LB and should be able to add some size. They also bring back #51 Bubba Plemons he might not be big but he can hit, and he brings it all every play. And they also they bring back #50 Carey Dean who pretty much started or split time with #55 their best OL from last year Mario Rose who should anchor the OL along with #51 was also the center on the OL from last year he will return and he has added a little weight. Micheal Newbern the wideout from last year he will be back he will also get some time at back this year and #88 Keenan Nance is back he started the first few games last year due to someone's injury so he has some experience.

As for 7-3a I would have to go with Dyesburg, who bring back plenty of experience from a good team in 06 but I wouldn't count out Crockett they seem to reload instead of rebuild every year and there defense should be alright bringing back some of their LB's from last season also Covington, Haywood as well they always seem to field a big and talented team year in and year out overall this region always seems to pack teams that are ready to explode and have a big season.

With some of these schools coaching and others athletes alone these are some schools that will always be on the list:

Milan, Huntingdon, Crockett Co., Dyersburg, Covington, Camden, JCM, Lexington, JSS, Union City, & Westview.

One school that is about to make this list and is coming on fast has to be Bolivar Central in Region 6-3A. 2007 could be a "breakthrough" season for this school's football program and that is HUGE seeing as how usually folks are starting to count down the days til basketball season tips off during this time of the year.